PDA

View Full Version : ZZR 600

Vard66
02-08-10, 02:56 PM
So, my 400 might be cracked block and terminal.

I've been doing some quotes, and it turns out that insurance is actually cheaper for (amongst other things) a ZZR 600 than it is for a ZXR 400. Weird, but I'm not complaining.

So, I'm looking mainly at ZZR 600's.

Anyone have any experience, and /or opinions of them?

Ta.

jonnydangerous
02-08-10, 03:44 PM
crap brakes, crap suspension...........
FANTASTIC engine....pulls better than Jordan in the England football team showers....... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

flat spot is lean jetting (as standard).
anti-icing carb mod does about 4000 revs if choke is on!
motad exhausts cause mid range flat spot.
rear shocks have been used to try for "guinness book of records world pogo attempts".....
pink and red ones are called "kawasaki luminous rose opera".....

Vard66
02-08-10, 03:46 PM
The torque did surprise me, lots of it.

Brakes will most likely be immediately upgraded anyway, as most of the running gear from the 400 will swap onto it

Why crap suspension?

jonnydangerous
02-08-10, 03:49 PM
toooooooooooooooo soft, no damping control if you use a thicker oil, and the rear shock is labled "shiny boat anchor".....
its a sports tourer really, but still a handy bit of kit...

the CBR at the time was all over them in the racing world...no one ever won on a ZZR, but they make very handy road bikes in the real world if you get a good one, and look after it...

loads of speed for the money....

also had a problem with "Sticking" cam buckets, and normally take them out and clean them and the problem went away!!!!.....

Vard66
02-08-10, 03:51 PM
lol!

Aye, my logic was that I'm now going to be using the bike as the commuter anyway, so something a bit more ergonomically laid out, and less cramped-supersports would be a good idea.

TBH, Soft suspension would be rather welcome, after the ZXR. Jounced out of the saddle at every little bump.

R1chie
02-08-10, 05:07 PM
The ZZR is maybe too soft.....it's like a 20 year old sofa lol

How's about a ZX7r?

Planted front end and a 'nearly' bomb proof engine. I'm sure there'll be a bargain or two about

FJ_Biker
02-08-10, 06:55 PM
I know a few people who have got some good mileage out of these bikes.

I only tend to use my bikes for commuting only and would be more than happy to ride a ZZR for this purpose.