PDA

View Full Version : I've done it again

Morticia
31-07-10, 08:29 AM
Went to have the gixxer lowered, found the bearings are gone and am gixxerless at the moment. And £150 poorer too.

KP
31-07-10, 08:33 AM
oh what a bummer :(

Dabz
31-07-10, 08:56 AM
that sucks :(

Roll_on
31-07-10, 09:40 AM
Hope you will be back on the road for next weekend.

Nico_babe
31-07-10, 11:09 AM
OH no bud. Well at least you are getting it sorted and will be back up and running in no time.

xx

Scotty
31-07-10, 11:50 AM
£150 for a few bearings??? :o Are they made of unobtanium or something? There are much cheaper ways of replacing stuff like that, bikes don't have special Suzuki-only bearings, they're standard catalogue parts available off the shelf at your local bearing stockist for a fraction of the cost that you'll pay at a bike dealer, and they're not difficult to fit either... :-?

newnut
31-07-10, 02:34 PM
£150 for a few bearings??? :o Are they made of unobtanium or something? There are much cheaper ways of replacing stuff like that, bikes don't have special Suzuki-only bearings, they're standard catalogue parts available off the shelf at your local bearing stockist for a fraction of the cost that you'll pay at a bike dealer, and they're not difficult to fit either... :-?
:-/

"unobtanium" love it! lol ;D ;D ;D

Morticia
01-08-10, 01:02 PM
they're standard catalogue parts available off the shelf at your local bearing stockist

Yeah we tried that, only to be told the only way we get those particular bearings are from Suzuki at extortionate prices.

Morticia
01-08-10, 01:03 PM
On the plus side, my unhealthy attachment to that bike is getting better ;D

Morticia
01-08-10, 01:04 PM
Hope you will be back on the road for next weekend.

Of course! I still have my beloved (and about to conk out on me ;D) v-twin.

Jon_W
02-08-10, 08:13 AM
they're standard catalogue parts available off the shelf at your local bearing stockist

Yeah we tried that, only to be told the only way we get those particular bearings are from Suzuki at extortionate prices.

Who told you that??? The Suzuki dealer. The last time I did the bearings in the Sv, they were a standard 6XXX 2RS size!! £5 each from the local auto factors.

How long does it take to change them as well??? Look me a couple of hours.

Glad it's being fixed though. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
02-08-10, 10:14 AM
We called the local shop, who said they don't deal with those. I think it might be a gixxer thing, cos when we had the sv done it was done cheap and not through suzuki at all.

It'll take Steve a short time to fix it, but he's on a course at teh moment, so won't be able to deal with it till Friday. By then, the sv will most likely be dead on me ;D Is not that bad, but he needs some TLC...got an oil leak and something wrong with the carbs, poor old man, he's falling to pieces.

Taylor86
02-08-10, 07:02 PM
So are we crossing fingers for gixxer on Thursday? Or will we be a pair of v-twins? :P