PDA

View Full Version : I need a new forum name....

RachaelEllen
18-07-10, 05:56 PM
..Because i passed my CBT!!!!! I am absolutely thrilled and haven't actually stopped grinning yet! I did also experience my first face-tarmac interaction. I fell off in the carpark itself and trapped my leg between the handlebars and the bike meaning that i burnt my new leathers on the engine :( the second one was on the turn into wicks carpark, i saw a car and had the natural response *panic* and did a rather impressive skid.

It was all worth it though as i had a fantastic time and cannot wait to get a bike of my own, i think it might have to be a van van though, unless anybody else has any other suggestions?

I've got to say a huge thank you to Nicko, he kept me laughing all the way and i will never forget about the 'Giant knickers'! on roundabouts. Able Training are fantastic and i would recommend them to anybody, especially somebody who's a bit nervous!

So finally, i need a new forum name, any suggestions??

Nico_babe
18-07-10, 06:02 PM
Well done :) :)

Moo
18-07-10, 06:09 PM
Well done, all you need now is a bike to have fun on!!

Beamer
18-07-10, 06:09 PM
WELL DONE YOU..........congrats to able training too.......but well done to you on passing [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Andy63
18-07-10, 06:12 PM
Well done passing your test [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Maybe: "Fit looking girl on a bike" too long maybe? "Fit Biker Babe"? ;D

newnut
18-07-10, 06:12 PM
wellie dunie! what style a bike you gonna get?? as 4 the name, dunno, maybe FrontseatRider!!

Scotty
18-07-10, 06:17 PM
Well, seeing as you're embarking on a PhD, how about something like "The Doctor" or is that too obvious?
Might be an idea not to broadcast what you'll be researching too much, you never know which sanctimonious nut-job from the God-squad reads it and embarks on their own personal fundamentalist crusade to ensure everything is left "as God created" or some similar bollocks... ::)

Congrats on the CBT pass - see, told you in Wales that you'd be wanting your own soon enough ;) Congrats on your first off too, you've got that out of the way so it won't be such a big deal now 8-)

CBRowner
18-07-10, 06:21 PM
I may know of someone who's got a 125 for sale and I could probably get it off him for around £500 if that's any use to you??

I think it's a 2000 Suzuki Marauder or something very similar. It's a good bike and I've riden it so I know that it's not a turd, which some bikes are at that price, so PM me if you're interested and I'll use my charm to knock him down a bit [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
18-07-10, 06:22 PM
Oh yeah as for the name, it all depends on your ride or you could use your first name like I seem to have even though I sign on as CBRowner :-?

Mas1
18-07-10, 06:37 PM
Congrats well done on passing your CBT [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

KP
18-07-10, 07:16 PM
well done you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
18-07-10, 07:29 PM
Well done [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Err as for a name how about "Tarmac basher" :D ;D ;D

Only joking honest

RachaelEllen
18-07-10, 08:00 PM
Thank you all! Some good name suggestions too, i've also had AnatoMiss suggested, what with the recent anatomy degree and all. Emlyn I'll let you know about the bike, sounds a really good price! I am now extremely sore, the weight of the bike has certainly left it's mark on me, i just can't wait to get back on now!

R1chie
18-07-10, 08:21 PM
Congrats on passing.

Forum name....erm.....no good at this.....took me ages to come up with my forum name ;D

Roxy
18-07-10, 08:30 PM
Well done Rachel, good on you.

Can't wait to see you on your own 2 wheels and riding with us.

Congrats chick, job well done! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

roxy x

JAYJAY
18-07-10, 09:05 PM
Congratulations.

How about BikerLass now you won't be Bike less

Jacde
18-07-10, 09:54 PM
Yea well done You ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D
I still have the bruises 3 weeks after dropping the bike on me, hope you wake up tomorrow not feeling as sore as you are now. :)

Nope can't help with a new name :-/ sooorrrie

Dex
18-07-10, 11:35 PM
err - how about "Rachel"?

igbell
19-07-10, 03:22 PM
Grats on passing, I go with Dex just Rachel or your nickname of Rachel that you used to use.

BB
19-07-10, 07:39 PM
Congrats to you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Well done.

When I first signed on I was Black Bonnie as that was what I was riding and people shortened it to BB so when I trashed the bike I decided to become BB :)

BB

HensonA
20-07-10, 01:26 AM
Congrats Rachel.....

The Honda CG125 is a good little bike....I think... and stand to be corrected !!!!

Name as per Dex suggestion ... "Rachel"

Bonnielass
20-07-10, 07:16 AM
Congratulations Rachael, [smiley=thumbsup.gif] a name will come to you, I started with just 'Rosie' but when I got my Bonny I changed it to Bonnielass :) Looking forward to seeing you out on a rideout soon, maybe Calne? 8-)

Jon_W
20-07-10, 08:06 AM
Well done.

...Ade, the CG is a top bike!!! 8-)

Geordie Stu
20-07-10, 10:14 AM
Well done Rachael on the CBT. When is the next stage ? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hunar
20-07-10, 12:34 PM
well done on passing the CBT, hope you will be comign on a few ride outs!

As for the new forum name, how about Knickerbikerglory? crash test doctor? the flying doctor? the body doc? beauty and the bike? serious degree of lean? doctor lean? knee down doc? doctor kneedown?

i'll try and think of more hehe

Morticia
20-07-10, 09:37 PM
WELL DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
20-07-10, 09:44 PM
Very well done RiderRach

nicko@able
21-07-10, 10:18 AM
AS you`re doing your docterate,how about "QuickQuack" ;D

Nokesy
21-07-10, 11:33 AM
Brilliant news Rachel - chuffed to bits for you! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] How about 'The Dissector'?! ;D

jonnydangerous
21-07-10, 12:42 PM
"first"place..."First"bike....."first"crash....."f irst"ride....

RachaelEllen
21-07-10, 05:49 PM
Ooh these are all so good, I particularly like the original suggestions by Hunar, very creative! I graduated today so I shall get on the case of choosing a name shortly :)

Bornagain
22-07-10, 12:27 PM
Well done on your pass! I'm proper rubbish at thinking of names......but i think Nicko should change his to "Giant knickers" What d'you reckon?!

RachaelEllen
24-07-10, 08:15 PM
I am now no longer PillionRider, i am AnatoMiss, hope you all take to the change ok, if not you can just call me plain old Rachael ;D

Gerry
24-07-10, 08:23 PM
"Anatomiss" I like it [smiley=thumbsup.gif] and all this name choosing makes me wonder if I should go back to my old one "Gatso"
What ya think ?

PS. I also like "Rachael" and I don't think your that plain :-)

Gerry x

Bonnielass
24-07-10, 09:05 PM
Good choice, I like it! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jacde
25-07-10, 08:42 AM
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]
great name
;D

Beamer
25-07-10, 04:55 PM
wooo hooo....welcome to wiltshire bikers AnatoMiss.......xx

great to meet you, your mum and dad yesterday. It was great to chat away with you all...look forward to seeing you all again soon xx ;D ;D

Moo
25-07-10, 05:44 PM
Nice new name, time for a new thread, I need a new bike!! :)

Roll_on
25-07-10, 06:05 PM
I am now no longer PillionRider, i am AnatoMiss, hope you all take to the change ok, if not you can just call me plain old Rachael ;D
Love the new name but whats with the plain and old hardly words anyone would use to discribe you.

newnut
25-07-10, 07:47 PM
AnatoMiss sounds pretty cool. (when i say it right)

RachaelEllen
25-07-10, 07:57 PM
Moo, i've got my eyes on a Honda CG 125, fingers crossed hopefully going to see it tomorrow, shall let you know how it goes! Any things i should be looking to check when i'm looking at a used bike??

Dabz
25-07-10, 08:05 PM
Hope tomorrow goes well looking at the bike (not the best person to give advice at what to look for so will leave that to the others) - be good to have you join us on a ride soon :)

bobf279
25-07-10, 08:55 PM
best advice I can give is listen to your dad not your heart ;)

RachaelEllen
25-07-10, 09:30 PM
best advice I can give is listen to your dad not your heart ;)

Now how do i delete this before dad sees ;D

Dabz
26-07-10, 08:28 AM
hehe very true - always take someone else with you and make sure you listen! I'd decided to buy mine as soon as I saw a photo on the internet :P

Nokesy
26-07-10, 10:10 AM
Good choice of name Anatomiss!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I agree with Dabz, best take someone sensible, listen to them etc. etc. but bear in mind that 'love' for a bike, ALWAYS overrules everything else!! ;D

BB
26-07-10, 07:34 PM
I try not to go and look at bikes I'm inclined to come home with the darn things.... :-[

BB

RachaelEllen
26-07-10, 08:07 PM
I've just gone and bought one! Got a 2006 Honda CG 125. Got her from a consultant anesthetist and she is all sparkly and beautiful, even came with a givi topbox. I can't wait to pick her up now eee, watch out here i come!

Toph
26-07-10, 08:11 PM
Best of luck with the new bike, the cg125 is an excellent choice, strong, dependable and easy to maintain. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Remember, there's no feelin like 2 wheelin!!! 8-) :D ;D

BB
26-07-10, 08:28 PM
Brilliant bike to learn on - have fun [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Moo
26-07-10, 09:25 PM
Congrats!!

The old CG has been around for ever, I used to ride my dads when I was learning in 1982!! ;D

Snowy
26-07-10, 09:48 PM
Congrats!!

The old CG has been around for ever, I used to ride my dads when I was learning in 1982!! ;D

I rode one in 1980 when my CB900F was having its first service. Was great fun if I can remember correctly. Enjoy your first bike - good choice.

HensonA
27-07-10, 01:10 AM
Like the new forum name Rachael (and apologies for mis-spelling your real name earlier in this thread !! :-[ )

I bought myself a CG125 to ride for a while before i took my road test back in 1991.
I found it a great little bike, reliable, easy and fun to ride.

Hope to see you out on it soon .... oh ..when I'm back on two wheels !!
;) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ade

Nico_babe
27-07-10, 01:32 PM
Yipppee another biker on the road [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
29-07-10, 05:34 PM
The pictures are now up in members gallery :)

RachaelEllen
08-08-10, 01:02 PM
I just got my first nod :D :D I was so pleased i was grinning all the way home, haha! If it was any of you thank you very much, you've made my week!

Jacde
08-08-10, 06:37 PM
I just got my first nod :D :D I was so pleased i was grinning all the way home, haha! If it was any of you thank you very much, you've made my week!

Hi Rachael, (hope your Grandmothers party was fab), first nod ;D ;D it's great isn't it ;D ;D

Mas1
08-08-10, 06:45 PM
Congrats great first bike hope you enjoy it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
08-08-10, 07:02 PM
we'll see you out on the Weston ride next Sunday, There should be 3 or 4 125's on this rideout so it will be a good one to join! Don't worry, we'll all look after you, there will be no pressure to ride fast, just to get the experience of getting miles under your belt. look forward to seeing you Rachael, your dad is riding at the rear of the group, so lets make this a fun day out!!! vivi is going to be on her first rideout as well, She's lovely, really good fun, It's gonna be a good day out!!!