PDA

View Full Version : Pillion Services Offered

CBRowner
08-08-10, 08:28 PM
Hello all,

After speaking with Gemma (Nokesy), at the hog roast, I decided to offer my service as a pillion on her bike. But, whilst we were talking, it turns out there are a fair few people who've never had a pillion. Therefore, I've decided to extend my offer to everyone on here that would like the opertunity to take someone on the back of their bike.

It's not just a case of me getting on the back and you riding about, I'll give you a few hints and tips on the best way to do it because I've had the chance to take all sorts of experience on the back of bikes and I've done it on some really busy roads [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

The only thing that I'll require from you is a bike, obviously and to make sure your insurance includes a pillion because some insurance providers add this service as an extra.

If you fancy it, send me a PM and I'll arrange a time and place to practise this :)

jonnydangerous
09-08-10, 03:30 PM
have only ever recorded 172 with a pillion, and 134 on the rear wheel with a passenger, can you help me to better this emlyn? thanks.... most grateful for your services... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CBRowner
09-08-10, 05:03 PM
have only ever recorded 172 with a pillion, and 134 on the rear wheel with a passenger, can you help me to better this emlyn? thanks.... most grateful for your services... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As long as your insurance covers it and you don't mind the smell of wee on your seat afterwards [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
09-08-10, 07:13 PM
I've managed to get hazel comfortable enough for 3 figure speeds now (on private roads only of course)

CBRowner
09-08-10, 10:13 PM
It's a good idea to teach people how to take a pillion and I'm the man for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
09-08-10, 10:18 PM
It's a good idea to teach people how to take a pillion and I'm the man for the job [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Really? You don't just want to scrounge a free ride-out and sit close behind nervous girlies? Would you be quite as keen to help out an 18-stone tattooed and bearded trucker who was a newbie?? :-? :-? :-? ;D ;D ;D

CBRowner
09-08-10, 10:21 PM
Really? You don't just want to scrounge a free ride-out and sit close behind nervous girlies? Would you be quite as keen to help out an 18-stone tattooed and bearded trucker who was a newbie?? :-? :-? :-? ;D ;D ;D

Of course I woudn't mind who it was, not even if they were an 18 stone trucker who'd never carried any extra weight on the back of their bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I'm now really nervous about this post :-[

Bornagain
09-08-10, 10:25 PM
So am i !!! ;D :D

Snowy
09-08-10, 10:26 PM
Can I ride pillion on the back of Nokesy's bike? ;D ;D :D

Gemma, I'm only 215lb's - mere lightweight ;)

CBRowner
09-08-10, 10:29 PM
Can I ride pillion on the back of Nokesy's bike? ;D ;D :D

Gemma, I'm only 215lb's - mere lightweight ;)

I offered first 8-)

Gerry
09-08-10, 11:13 PM
I'd also like to sign up to this (no Emlyn, I don't mean have you on the back) I mean I will also offer to be a pillion to new pillion taking riders.

As Emlyn seems keen on big hairy truckers it seems sensible for me to concentrate on lady riders only.

There could be a small charge, but i can't afford a lot ;)
and they tell me I've warm hands :D

Write in the first instance with your details to:
"Uncle Gerry"
c/o Wiltshire Bikers

:)

Toph
09-08-10, 11:34 PM
you could ride pillion on my 125 to Weston on Sunday Emlyn, :D
BRING A PACKED LUNCH THOUGH!!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
10-08-10, 08:52 AM
I'm sorry, but the only pillion I carry is my little boy. Hmmm, which isn't so little anymore.