PDA

View Full Version : fz1 fazer

redken1
14-08-10, 05:55 PM
I went to George Whites today and sat on the ZZR1400 - awesome piece of metal but no good deals at mo. Good deals on the Fazer thou tho. Seriously thinking about puchasing one. I would welcome any comments from WB members. Anyone ridden one?

Toph
14-08-10, 06:32 PM
I thought you already rode a Fazer Thou Ken?? :-? ;D

redken1
14-08-10, 06:59 PM
I thought you already rode a Fazer Thou Ken?? :-? ;D

Ye I do but it's the old model and because it's six year old I Think it's time for a change

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 07:49 PM
Hi Ken, I've got the FZ1N, which is basically the same. I like it. Done 33000 miles so far without even a hiccup. Goes like stink, handles well, and has decent brakes. Good riding position, but is let down a little by a not-so-comfy seat. That would be my only criticism. I've ridden the Honda, but was seriously unimpressed. Crap brakes, gutless power delivery, felt more like a 600 than a 1000. The FZ pull your arms out when you give it the berries. I think it's a good looking bike as well. Not just me, because a lot of my pupils comment on it too. You won't be dissappointed, but you might want to consider an after market seat, if your planning on touring. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 07:53 PM
I used to have a Fazer 1000 too, and it is a better bike over all. Better handling, slightly more gutsy, bit more stable, quicker turning, more manageable (not so tall in the seat). If you can't get a test ride, you're welcome to try mine out.

redken1
14-08-10, 08:03 PM
Hi Ken, I've got the FZ1N, which is basically the same. I like it. Done 33000 miles so far without even a hiccup. Goes like stink, handles well, and has decent brakes. Good riding position, but is let down a little by a not-so-comfy seat. That would be my only criticism. I've ridden the Honda, but was seriously unimpressed. Crap brakes, gutless power delivery, felt more like a 600 than a 1000. The FZ pull your arms out when you give it the berries. I think it's a good looking bike as well. Not just me, because a lot of my pupils comment on it too. You won't be dissappointed, but you might want to consider an after market seat, if your planning on touring. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Thanks alot for that (sorry I don't know your name) is your bike the new model from 06? I have already checked it out and Yamaha do a gel seat for £160. George White are offering 5 years interest free on the fazer at the till end of September which is a brill deal. Thanks again

redken1
14-08-10, 08:08 PM
I used to have a Fazer 1000 too, and it is a better bike over all. Better handling, slightly more gutsy, bit more stable, quicker turning, more manageable (not so tall in the seat). If you can't get a test ride, you're welcome to try mine out.
What you mean the new model is a better bike overall?

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 08:13 PM
What you mean the new model is a better bike overall?

Yes Ken. Mine's an '07 in black. Yes the new model is much better all round. More fun to ride I think. Cheers, Mark. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
14-08-10, 08:19 PM
what honda did you ride.

redken1
14-08-10, 08:21 PM
Thanks Mark I'm really looking forward to meeting you, hopefully in the not too distant future. I think Ive decided but the hard part is yet to come. Persuading the Missus LMAO

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 08:23 PM
Honda CB1000R ABS. Pants. And I normally like Honda's. Well at least I thought it was pants in comparison to my Yam. :-?

speedy
14-08-10, 08:29 PM
cheers mark. oh **** ive just put a deposit on one my last 3 bikes were 600rr,s thought id have a change did get good px and used honda conections.

Mark_Able
14-08-10, 08:35 PM
cheers mark. oh **** ive just put a deposit on one my last 3 bikes were 600rr,s thought id have a change did get good px and used honda conections.

Ridden in isolation it's a good bike. Ridden against the Yam, it's lacking. The instructor in Bristol that let me have a go on his, really liked it. I hope you enjoy it. It is just my opinion. Read the magazines and they'll probably differ with me. If you like it, that's all that matters... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
14-08-10, 08:40 PM
thanks mark im know expert on bikes i think its just a honda thing with me [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
15-08-10, 06:42 PM
I had an 07 FZ1N in black. Just as described - lovely bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

Jon_W
16-08-10, 07:53 AM
NEver ridden a FZ1. Rode a FZ6 a while back and loved the handling, engine. Only fault I could find was the handle bars were too close.

If the 600 is half the 1000, it should be a great bike.

Mark_Able
16-08-10, 05:06 PM
I work it out to be 6/10 of a 1000... A little more than half... :D :)

Nokesy
16-08-10, 05:11 PM

Ha Ha Einstein! ;D

Jon_W
17-08-10, 07:54 AM

Ok smart Alec!!.... if the 600 3/5ths of the 1000..... it should be a stormer!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
17-08-10, 06:58 PM

Ok smart Alec!!.... if the 600 3/5ths of the 1000..... it should be a stormer!!! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]