PDA

View Full Version : You put your right foot in...

RachaelEllen
13-08-10, 10:03 AM
I was talking with SBQE2 the other day about where i put my right foot on the bike when i'm riding and not breaking and let's just say we agreed to disagree. I'm a fan of the tiptoe approach while he goes for the pigeon toe option. So i was just wondering where other people position their foot and if there are any benefits of one over the other?

Nokesy
13-08-10, 10:05 AM
Tiptoe approach for me! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

RachaelEllen
13-08-10, 10:08 AM
1-0 to me! ;D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 10:09 AM
1-0 to me! ;D

I can see your relationship is a competitive one! ;D

SBQE2
13-08-10, 10:37 AM
Gemma,

I'm not sure what you mean :-/

but at least if there is only two of us Rachael will still get a silver medal [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 10:43 AM
Now that's what I like to hear! ;D Fighting talk! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
13-08-10, 10:56 AM
Ball of the foot when riding solo as I tend not to use much rear brake on my own :-[

Instep of foot when riding with pillion [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
13-08-10, 11:17 AM
yeh ball of the foot for me

RachaelEllen
13-08-10, 12:37 PM
This is what i like to see, everybody agreeing with me! ;D

njl
13-08-10, 12:50 PM
Ah, I think I'm in the pigeon toe camp, that's assuming im right about the term

Gerry
13-08-10, 12:54 PM
yeh ball of the foot for me

GERRY SPEAKING Anatomiss NOT DABZ OK

;D ;D ;D

I'm a "balls man" too !

G :)

rhys_himself
13-08-10, 01:13 PM
Tip-toe also; mostly because if you're coming the other way it looks kinda dorky to have a foot sticking out! :P

RachaelEllen
13-08-10, 01:14 PM
Tip-toe also; mostly because if you're coming the other way it looks kinda dorky to have a foot sticking out! :P

Toph
13-08-10, 01:21 PM
I ride a "Cruiser style" bike so my feet are well forward so I tend to be a ball man too!! ;D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 01:26 PM
[quote author=Dabz link=1281690197/0#7 date=1281694666]

;D ;D ;D

Shouting louder won't help - she's not foreign - just easily confused! ;D We love you Rachael! :-*

Dabz
13-08-10, 02:41 PM
Did we ought to point out that our poor confused Rachael is doing a PhD next year? perhaps this cluelessness is all just an act to fool those of us with normal intelligence levels? (I'm doing my Masters at the mo around work..so do I count as mid-intelligence?)

Gerry
13-08-10, 02:55 PM
Did we ought to point out that our poor confused Rachael is doing a PhD next year? perhaps this cluelessness is all just an act to fool those of us with normal intelligence levels? (I'm doing my Masters at the mo around work..so do I count as mid-intelligence?)

No it isn't, I've met her [smiley=vrolijk_26.gif]

Gerry :P

wiltshire builders
13-08-10, 02:58 PM
Ball of the foot. Sometimes if i get lazy the foot sticks out but it's a rude awakening when your foot gets ripped off the peg going round a right hander.

Gerry
13-08-10, 03:09 PM
OMG... :o

Just realised that we have two yellow bikes together in a thread - I'll let you explain this to her this time Dabz [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

:( Three now :D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 03:10 PM
And a yellow tractor - that will push her over the edge! ;D

Jacde
13-08-10, 03:10 PM
Tip toe too, but could be because I'm dinky, but quite like the position of both feet tucked back when just riding along :)

Gerry
13-08-10, 03:17 PM
And a yellow tractor - that will push her over the edge! ;D

Rachael - please note that I didn't say that, I was (almost) confident that you could tell a tractor from a bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jackie - me to, it's like I'm riding a big (OK-yellow) stallion :)

Nokesy
13-08-10, 03:30 PM
[quote author=Gemma_Nokes link=1281690197/15#19 date=1281708623]
Jackie - me to, it's like I'm riding a big (OK-yellow) stallion :)

You were a 'balls man' earlier today? :-? ;D :D

Nico_babe
13-08-10, 03:34 PM
[quote author=Dabz link=1281690197/0#7 date=1281694666]

;D ;D ;D

Shouting louder won't help - she's not foreign - just easily confused! ;D We love you Rachael! :-*

Damn foreigners never make sense of anything.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif] hheeeeee

Ball of foot for this foreigner :)

Jacde
13-08-10, 03:36 PM
Horses have balls too ;D ;D ;D

Basher
13-08-10, 03:40 PM
Dont think ive ever used my back brake, so not sure what part of the foot I would use, not even sure where it is :D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 03:42 PM
Dont think ive ever used my back brake, so not sure what part of the foot I would use, not even sure where it is :D

Lol! ;D I point it out to you on Sunday! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Basher
13-08-10, 03:49 PM

Thanks mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I can still remember the day i went to take my test, and they failed me for sitting on the bike the wrong way round :D I have got around this problem, by fitting handle bars on the back of the bike as well, so i can sit on the bike either way ;D

Nokesy
13-08-10, 03:53 PM

Thanks mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I can still remember the day i went to take my test, and they failed me for sitting on the bike the wrong way round :D I have got around this problem, by fitting handle bars on the back of the bike as well, so i can sit on the bike either way ;D

The bastards - failing you for THAT! Shocking! ;D

Jacde
13-08-10, 03:54 PM
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D with basher, my first session on the 125 was very similar !

RachaelEllen
13-08-10, 04:55 PM
Gerry i may have to complain to Dabz about your persistant abuse towards me, this would, however, require that i was able to tell which of you was which, so you're probably ok.

Had it ever occurred to you that i was attempting to give you a compliment saying that i get you and a young man confused? i knew that with your approaching birthday (which has now passed...*cough* Geriatric Gerry *cough*..can you remember it?) you might appreciate a little compliment. Unfortunatly it appears that this nicety went by unnoticed by you, maybe it's you that gets a little confused :-/

So Gerry start being nice to me or i might have to accidentally drop my bike on yours, after all, mine isn't worth all that much and it would make some lovely blue marks on yours so i could tell the two apart ;D

Just kidding...maybe ;D

Snowy
13-08-10, 06:10 PM
Am I the only one who swings both ways? ;D

It depends what I and the bike are doing as to where my feet are. For gearchanging my left foot has my arch on the peg as thats where I need it to change gear. When cruising I would generally move my instep onto the peg as that's most comfortable plus I need it there to stand up on the pegs if I want to stretch. Also safest on cornering as I have most ground clearance. My right foot will be wherever my left foot is. I also have linked brakes so would only use the rear brake on its own when trailing in a corner to steady the bike or slow speed U-turns.

One point to the both of you. ;)

Ryan
13-08-10, 06:12 PM
Im normaly swinging my leg around in time to my moosik! lol ;D

Nico_babe
13-08-10, 07:08 PM
Im normaly swinging my leg around in time to my moosik! lol ;D

Fair point my good man [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
13-08-10, 08:56 PM
I, like Beemerman, tend to do both depending which bike I am on. However, I do mostly use my instep unless out on the open road.

If you watch the bike racing the riders constantly change their foot position but essentially they do both too ;D

Scotty
13-08-10, 09:37 PM
Rinksy, I've followed you and your feet stick out like ****ing wings man! Tuck 'em in FFS!

How are the bones coming along, when are you back on the road? I see Randy de Puniet is back on his bike at Brno this weekend (4 weeks after breaking his leg), though he's had hyperbaric chamber and ultrasonic treatment on his leg, I guess the NHS won't go that far... :(

Moo
14-08-10, 11:47 AM
Got to be the ball of the foot really, it looks better and you are less likely to scrape your foot on the road if you lean in a bit to corners.

RachaelEllen
14-08-10, 01:03 PM
Oh dear dad, you really are failing here ;D

Ryan
14-08-10, 01:54 PM
Rinksy, I've followed you and your feet stick out like ****ing wings man! Tuck 'em in FFS!

How are the bones coming along, when are you back on the road? I see Randy de Puniet is back on his bike at Brno this weekend (4 weeks after breaking his leg), though he's had hyperbaric chamber and ultrasonic treatment on his leg, I guess the NHS won't go that far... :(

LOL i ride however is comftable for me an thats that :)

Im mending quite well anyway thanks, cant WAIT to get out riding, might see if i can go get some new tyres put on the blade next weekend

Morticia
14-08-10, 03:03 PM
Funny, I haven't got a clue! Guess I'll have to check then get back to you...

Honda_Star
14-08-10, 03:04 PM
I tend to put the ball of my foot on the peg most times...but it can vary...from bike to bike lol (and there has been a lot) ;D

BB
15-08-10, 07:31 PM
Tends to be ball of foot mostly but like Beemerman it tends to depend on what I'm doing :D

BB

Nokesy
16-08-10, 10:18 AM
Gerry i may have to complain to Dabz about your persistant abuse towards me, this would, however, require that i was able to tell which of you was which, so you're probably ok.

Had it ever occurred to you that i was attempting to give you a compliment saying that i get you and a young man confused? i knew that with your approaching birthday (which has now passed...*cough* Geriatric Gerry *cough*..can you remember it?) you might appreciate a little compliment. Unfortunatly it appears that this nicety went by unnoticed by you, maybe it's you that gets a little confused :-/

So Gerry start being nice to me or i might have to accidentally drop my bike on yours, after all, mine isn't worth all that much and it would make some lovely blue marks on yours so i could tell the two apart ;D

Just kidding...maybe ;D

LOL!!! ;D [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
16-08-10, 11:26 AM

Just kidding...maybe ;D

Touché

I knew you’d got it in you (a quality reply) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

I suppose at your young age you still look forward to Birthdays. You can’t sleep the night before wondering what the Birthday Bunny has brought you, your Mum and Dad are woken up at 6.00 am to the sounds of excited little squeals of delight as you open up your latest Barbie-Biker-Girl etc :D

Excitedly blowing out your handful of candles on you pink Birthday cake with an icing fairy castle on top and wondering what it would be like to be a real princess-fairy, and dreams of meeting your real life prince when you grew up - must be wonderful :)

Anyway - I apologise if I didn’t treat you with the respect that you feel you deserve, and that my posts have been defamatory (that means to have harmed your reputation) and I will endeavour to treat you like a grown-up in the future if it makes you happy.

Yours with just a small hint of sarcasm [smiley=happy.gif]

Ged x

RachaelEllen
16-08-10, 12:42 PM
That birtjday celebration is very descriptive, are you sure you are not confusing my hopes and dreams with yours?

Gerry
16-08-10, 12:57 PM
That birtjday celebration is very descriptive, are you sure you are not confusing my hopes and dreams with yours?

Touché (again)

I fear I will wish I hadn't started this little verbal engagement ;)

My hopes and dreams came finally true very recently thank you:
http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1281945075

No princes involved thank you :P

G ;)

Jon_W
16-08-10, 01:43 PM
Am going to sit on the fence on this one.

On the Sv I put the ball of my foot on the peg. On the GS and the cub I put the heel of my foot on the peg.

Never really thought about it. I guess it's comfort....

RachaelEllen
16-08-10, 02:07 PM
Thanks for directing me straight to it Gerry, just rub my broken heart in it a little more! Haha just kidding, i'm very pleased for you :) Can you please drag the lovely lady out on some rides, i haven't seen her since Wales :(

Gerry
16-08-10, 02:10 PM
Thanks for directing me straight to it Gerry, just rub my broken heart in it a little more! :(

Now you tell me ::)

Tell you what, I'll pop you on my waiting list OK ;)

The good news is that it's a very short list [smiley=happy.gif]

G :)

RachaelEllen
16-08-10, 02:19 PM
You had told me that i was your true love, no loyalty, i'm so disappointed in you! haha :P

nicko@able
23-08-10, 08:01 PM
yeah ball of foot,but you can alwys moove it around,instep for pillion works good,i tend to brake more with the rear so as to avoid the old `helmet clash`

Davey
23-08-10, 10:41 PM
Ball of the foot for me - wonky feet = feet decking out too easily! Plus I only realy use the rear brake for keeping the front controlled

Uber Dave
24-08-10, 04:20 PM
Ball of the foot for me too unless I am (on the rare occasion I do) using the rear brake or changing gear.

Davey
24-08-10, 04:41 PM
Ball of the foot for me too unless I am (on the rare occasion I do) using the rear brake or changing gear.

I'd start changing gear more often you'll soon see the bike goes loads faster and more economical :D