PDA

View Full Version : Mahoooooosive Wiltshire bikers group photo 2010

Bornagain
11-08-10, 11:35 PM
Now i know we all 'pretend' we hate having our pictures taken, but picture the seen - Row after row of Polished bikes with their well lubed and oiled owners grinning wickedly with pride and obsession, shining in the sun (hopefully!) in front of a cracking backdrop. That's got to be worth organising surely?
Maybe tag it onto the last ride out of the Summer....or an official Sunday ride out.....or just creat a special day of it. Get everyone to make an extra big effort for the turn out and try to make it an annual thing.

I know i'd like an oversized picture of my fellow bike droolers hanging in the downstairs toilet!!
Where would you hang yours? ;D

Toph
11-08-10, 11:42 PM
Now that is an inspired idea Liam, I would hang mine in the upstairs toilet coz only posh people have a downstairs toilet!!! :D ;D ;D
seriously though.... a group photo would be a fantastic keepsake.... i would buy one, over to Ro??

Bornagain
11-08-10, 11:43 PM
Bungalows? !! ;D

Toph
11-08-10, 11:46 PM
have edited the above post!

smellygerm
11-08-10, 11:48 PM
I have a separate ladies and gents toilets ;D love the idea it's a keeper [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
11-08-10, 11:51 PM
maybe we could all buy one.... proceeds to WB coffers!

DaytonaDog
12-08-10, 12:03 AM
Really good idea. If Ro is not available to take the photograph, I have a DLSR camera and tripod and would be happy to give it a go. Can't guarantee the quality of the shot though as still a bit of an amateur

ro
12-08-10, 01:27 AM
I think it's a great idea, but I bet it'll be hard to set up with a good backdrop. I've had one idea for where we could try: on the Remembrance Day ride-out to Shaftesbury last year, we spotted that bikes could park (probably illegally) on the wide promenade by the memorial, where there's a spectacular view (http://maps.google.co.uk/?ie=UTF8&ll=51.004277,-2.19763&spn=0.00424,0.013797&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll =51.004759,-2.19953&panoid=3EKnxvW4nPs1k8coaPGUWw&cbp=12,221.7 1440400000006,,0,0&photoid=po-18264777).

Beamer
12-08-10, 07:37 AM
Excellent idea Basil....glad you shared it on here....thanks for thinking of it.....Im sure with all the different 'heads' on WB a couple of great ideas will come up.....and they have already started coming in. i.e Ro.
[smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
12-08-10, 08:24 AM
brilliant idea!

Kevinb
12-08-10, 08:28 AM
Very good idea.

mcicy
12-08-10, 08:41 AM
Sounds like a good idea to me, would definately be up for something like this, I need a decent pic to go in the diningroom

Bornagain
12-08-10, 09:47 AM
Exmouth beach has got a long promenade...especially down the bottom end where the road ends at the cliffs. There's also a path going up the cliff so the photographer can easily get some elevated shots, that way we can get in a few rows deep to fill the shot and have the sea as the backdrop........it'll also be a bloody good ride down there and the cafe on the sea front is a real winner.
My wife is a keen amateur photographer with a "Karlos Fandango" DSLR blah blah blah thingy!! She'd be happy to take the shots and supply the digital images to everyone who wants them, it's just a case of hitting a button these days, so it wont cost any more than fuel and munchies.
It's great that people want to offer their services to take photos, it's just i'm sure you (and the rest of us) would rather have you in it [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Any more suggestions of locations?

And i suppose we should start thinking about dates and start taking names

Nico_babe
12-08-10, 10:02 AM
Brilliant idea!

Nokesy
12-08-10, 11:05 AM
Great idea! I'd buy one and hang it over the holes in the bedroom where the ex took the flat screen telly! ;D

DaytonaDog
12-08-10, 11:39 AM
How about going down to Portland bill and using one of the lighthouses as a backdrop? I would suggest doing the photos of an evening because the lighting gives a better feel to the shots and creates less shadows and makes for a better background. I would be more than happy to take individual portraits of peeps with thWeir bikes as well.

Morticia
12-08-10, 12:31 PM
Wicked idea, Basil, I'm in! Let me know with plenty of time please, going to have to wash the bike for the first time ever!

Hazel-nut
12-08-10, 04:29 PM
i think thats a brill idea!only thing is we kinda want someone who isnt a wber to take the pic other wise someone has to miss out :-/
also are pillions allowed :P

Jacde
12-08-10, 04:45 PM
Ooohh brlliant idea, please can it be once I've done my mod2 and I have my own bike????????? pleeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeee?
If not I'll be a pillion (hopefully) like Hazel ;D

Nokesy
12-08-10, 04:49 PM
How about going down to Portland bill and using one of the lighthouses as a backdrop? I would suggest doing the photos of an evening because the lighting gives a better feel to the shots and creates less shadows and makes for a better background. I would be more than happy to take individual portraits of peeps with thWeir bikes as well.

I'd like an individual pic too Chris [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Really like the idea of an evening shoot with a lighthouse backdrop - excellent idea! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
12-08-10, 05:03 PM
should we not choose someone in wiltshire seeing as we're wiltshire bikers? :P

Nokesy
12-08-10, 05:05 PM
should we not choose someone in wiltshire seeing as we're wiltshire bikers? :P

Actually, that's a very good point - are there any lighthouses in Wiltshire that would be suitable?

Bornagain
12-08-10, 05:23 PM
The lighthouse chimney by the White Horse!!! ;D

Great point Dabz, it should be in Wiltshire....some kind of recognisable ref. point to the county.

Shall we give it until Monday 16th for people to put down their ideas and then run a poll on the locations suggested??

Then the tricky bit......WHEN?! :-?

Dennis_Sinanan
12-08-10, 05:42 PM
Do you think they would allow bikes around Stone henge or how about Avebury?

Toph
12-08-10, 07:39 PM
What about a pic in front of Longleat House?
it's not very far so the 125's could be there as well! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Toph
12-08-10, 07:47 PM
Great idea! I'd buy one and hang it over the holes in the bedroom where the ex took the flat screen telly! ;D
I can't believe a guy shared your bedroom Gemma and wanted to watch the telly, .... ;D :D ;D
I apologise for that.... couldn't resist it!!! ::) :D ;D

KP
12-08-10, 09:02 PM
i like longleat [smiley=thumbsup.gif] it has to be in wiltshire for sure [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
12-08-10, 09:13 PM
Im in full agreement with the Wiltshire thing.... we are Wiltshire bikers..... also agree with Toph about it being close enough for the 125ers to get there.....Longleat is a great idea.... bikers sat on the steps and bikes in front maybe....... anyone friendly with Lord Bath??? lol.....or its a case of writing a very well worded 'begging' letter asking for permission. He may go for it you never know.
Worth a try.......Dabz is there a big anniversary coming up or anything like that?? The publicity would be free for Mr Bath (not that he needs it) but he may go along with it....never know until we ask ;D ;D

zachl
12-08-10, 09:21 PM
this sounds awesome. who doesnt like a good photo of their baby :)

and still havent got around to going to ride out yet, just hope i can make the date when it gets decided :)

ro
13-08-10, 12:53 AM
...anyone friendly with Lord Bath???I've never met Bath, but I had a chat with Lansdowne recently at Bowood after the Calne Bike Day - he seemed quite keen on bikes and having them parked on his lawn :)

Beamer
13-08-10, 08:11 AM
mmmm...now theres an idea Ro....I saw the photo from that and it was brilliant... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Also, a friend of mine had a photo taken at westbury cement works club on the lawn with the white horse in the background. But that was a few years ago and although it looked excellent I dont know what the area is like nowadays.... It would be good to have as many ideas and as much input on this as possible as it involves all of us so keep those ideas coming in xx ;D ;D

Kevinb
13-08-10, 09:06 AM
Longleat would be excellent

ro
13-08-10, 09:16 AM
mmmm...now theres an idea Ro....I saw the photo from that and it was brilliant... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Yes, there were some great photos there - WolfHunter took this one from the lift thing:
http://hawkins.cx/hocwilts/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=2660& g2_serialNumber=1
You can just see our group: far left, second row from the bottom.

Dabz
13-08-10, 09:27 AM
anniversary...well we have our 5th birthday as a club coming up on 2nd Jan! we could use that as the event, though not really the best time of year, so we'd want to do it a lot earlier than that

Hazel-nut
13-08-10, 11:24 AM
i like the idea of bowood or longleat!big places in wiltshire that people know!
if they have a little cafe they will make a killing aswel :P be great to make it an annual thing or every 2 years or something :)

Nelly
13-08-10, 12:22 PM
Bowood seems like a good place. if the guv would let us do it. Any one know of someone with a cherry picker?

ro
13-08-10, 12:45 PM
Kemble Airfield? It's a bit marginal on the county - the main buildings are in Gloucestershire but some of the runways are in Wiltshire :)

It's a bit of a Wiltshire cliché, but I do quite like the idea of a white horse in the background. Which one though?

I don't know of any lighthouses, but Westmill Wind Farm might be interesting::
http://hollywood.ro.nu/album/ninja/s5-5206/thumb.jpg

smellygerm
13-08-10, 07:11 PM
has to be longeat you could get indavidual action shots from the ride in on the swirling road. i also have a dslr if you need [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mark_Able
13-08-10, 07:27 PM
I was in until I read I might have to clean my bike... :(

Maybe someone could clean it for me? [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
13-08-10, 07:32 PM
......... Your wife!!!! ;)

SBQE2
13-08-10, 07:36 PM
Longleat does sound like a good idea as it obviously would be very photogenic. But we may need some fall back options as an alternative.

I tried to think of something that could also link in to a charitable event. So how about a photo shoot at RAF Lyneham with one of the large C17s as the background and the charity would be a donation to Help for Heroes for everybody that goes onto the airfield.

Obviously this would not be easy to organise and indeed it might not even be possible but if people were interested then as a member of MOD I could at least find out how to ask. I would be happy to try and make it work especially as I really think Help for Heroes charity is such a good cause.

Steve

Mark_Able
13-08-10, 07:43 PM
......... Your wife!!!! ;)

Does Sybil buff yours? ;)

Bornagain
13-08-10, 07:47 PM
I can't stop her!! :o

Toph
13-08-10, 07:48 PM
great Idea Steve, if this can be arranged this would be awesome.... I too fully support Help For Heroes, so a photoshoot ,linked to a donation sounds like a win- win situation for all. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
13-08-10, 07:49 PM
Longleat does sound like a good idea as it obviously would be very photogenic. But we may need some fall back options as an alternative.

I tried to think of something that could also link in to a charitable event. So how about a photo shoot at RAF Lyneham with one of the large C17s as the background and the charity would be a donation to Help for Heroes for everybody that goes onto the airfield.

Obviously this would not be easy to organise and indeed it might not even be possible but if people were interested then as a member of MOD I could at least find out how to ask. I would be happy to try and make it work especially as I really think Help for Heroes charity is such a good cause.

Steve

That sounds rather cool... I kind of like the idea of any donations we might have to pay for using a back drop going to a worthy cause rather than just lining the pockets of someone (no offence to any 'posh' people who might be reading i.e Lords Bath and Lansdowne lol)..........maybe its worth us all trying our contacts and see who gets a yes and who doesnt and go from there???? otherwise we could be asking around for months lol.... how does that sound?? :) :) :)

FJ_Biker
13-08-10, 08:13 PM
Could always use the Sally?

It is after all WB's main HQ

Scotty
13-08-10, 09:30 PM
I was reading through the first few posts on this thread in the pub last night on my phone and said to Star "What is the most famous thing in Wiltshire?" Stonehenge of course, recognised all over the world. Longleat is all good and well, but show it to anyone not in WB or familiar with that house and they wouldn't know where it was, just a load of bikes in front of some stately home or other.
Just my two penn'orth...

Beamer
13-08-10, 10:30 PM
Very true Scotty...... but is there anywhere that all the bikes and people could stand with the stones in view?? ... Im not overly familiar with the area except there are 2 roads that go either side of the stones but is there anywhere we could all park up and look gawgus without getting run over by oncoming traffic?? :) :) :) :) :)

Ryan
13-08-10, 10:33 PM
sounds good when you pick somwhere ill hopfully be able to make it if im fixed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Beamer
13-08-10, 10:36 PM
sounds good when you pick somwhere ill hopfully be able to make it if im fixed [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Oh dont you worry Ryan.... one of us will drag you there if you cant get there under your own steam and get your bike there too x :) :)

Ryan
13-08-10, 10:37 PM
yeah someone can take me pillion on it hehe, tina I LOVE YOU [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D

Beamer
13-08-10, 10:39 PM
awwwww ya soppy old sod lol (ok young) lmao x ;D ;D ;D ;D

Ryan
13-08-10, 10:40 PM
lol but seriously you really are a total 100% legend.. now back to the point of the thread :P

ro
14-08-10, 12:00 AM
Very true Scotty...... but is there anywhere that all the bikes and people could stand with the stones in view?? ... Im not overly familiar with the area except there are 2 roads that go either side of the stones but is there anywhere we could all park up and look gawgus without getting run over by oncoming traffic?? :) :) :) :) :)
Thanks to the wonder of Google streetview (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=stonehenge&sl l=51.07894,-1.808968&sspn=0.067727,0.220757&ie=UTF8&hq=Stonehe nge&hnear=Stonehenge,+4+A344,+Salisbury,+Wiltshire +SP4+7DE,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.179128,-1.826391&spn=0.001924,0.013797&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cb ll=51.178865,-1.826623&panoid=fJxnpG9xFn0FJeYOG3UsKg&cbp=12,83.8 7,,0,5) you can look around the area without leaving your computer! I don't think there's any way to get a decent photo there from public land. English Heritage may grant special access (http://www.english-heritage.org.uk/daysout/properties/stonehenge/explore/stone-circle-access/) for an hour, outside normal opening times for £14.50/person.

Scotty
14-08-10, 11:19 AM
Hmmm, yes, that does make it a little more challenging. That said, the stones don't have to dominate the photo, it may be possible to arrange a decent group photo from an adjacent road with them visible in the background. If this is to be a decent photo it's worth composing it properly - there is the road to the West of the stones that runs roughly N-S, or the A344. If we could arrange ourselves on one of them in the evening with the stones lit by the sun in the West it could work...

Ryan
14-08-10, 01:47 PM
Birdlip hill is a fantastic backdrop if you catch it on a nice day ;)

As you can see where this car is parked theres loads of room for bikes to park up there [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Could do a ride up there one day for lunch, i know of a nice pub near there also :)

http://www.shirleylateknights.co.uk/mainfiles/event_reports/Event_reports_2008-09/pictures/birdlip_06.jpg

Scotty
14-08-10, 02:02 PM
Yes, there is a fantastic view, but it's not really in Wiltshire though is it? :-?

Ryan
14-08-10, 02:34 PM
Not really but dose it really need to be in wiltshire? just throwing up suggestions :)

Honda_Star
14-08-10, 02:42 PM
Not sure whether any of the white horses have a decent area to park, to use one of those as our backdrop - perhaps? Would be nice to have the pic located in Wiltshire :)

Beamer
14-08-10, 07:00 PM
I did suggest the one near Westbury as you could go round the back of the cement works but Kev told me thats a golf course + they might not like us tearing up the 1st hole/tee thingy.... but there is a footie pitch there?? :) :) :)

Toph
14-08-10, 07:18 PM
there's a big carpark in front of the golfcourse, plenty big enough for us all to congregate, I pretty sure you could get the white horse in the pic as well..
and a bonus.... the bar's open as well!!

Beamer
14-08-10, 08:03 PM
that sounds like a distinct possibility Toph..... does anyone know who to ask permission??? ..... Also what do the rest of the forum think???
(personally I like the White Horse idea but thats just me)

:) :) :)

StreetHippo
14-08-10, 08:09 PM
There are 7 white horses, so we should be able to find one with a decent car park in view of it!!
Though the 'henge would be ultimate Wiltshire icon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Stu

igbell
14-08-10, 10:07 PM
Stonehenge, Avebury, Silbury Hill, White Horse's, somewhere that shows wiltshire off would be a good idea I think.....

SupeRDel
15-08-10, 02:02 AM
A flat group photo will not look good. You will be be a long line of bikes and people across a photo.

Each person will look very small.

The whole group would need to be in ranks inside a tennis court size area with the photographer looking down

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l109/superdel/phpCATdkiPM.jpg

BB
15-08-10, 06:35 PM
As the organiser of the Bath Classic Horses Run, there may be 7 white horses but several you can hardly see let alone park anywhere near to get them in the background. Even if they are visible some are not very big or at a good angle to get in a photo as a backdrop. :-/

BB

Jacde
15-08-10, 08:40 PM
I'm not too worried about a back drop as depending on how may bikes turn up it could end up as a picture of just bikes and peeps with not much background, I'd rather be able to see all the WB'ers clearly :)

Dabz
16-08-10, 10:37 AM
I don't think it's too important to get a pic where every individual bike can be admired..it's more to show the scale of the club, so a mahoosive landscape pic of all of us in front of all our bikes would be awesome

Taylor86
17-08-10, 12:20 AM
I love this idea. Get me in there!!!

Is there a list of names to join?

fseoer2010
20-08-10, 09:16 AM
I have a separate ladies and gents toilets [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
20-08-10, 11:19 AM
Stonehenge has a by-way that runs next to it, there would be parking for bikes but the ground is a bit stoney......

Sapphire
20-08-10, 03:13 PM
I really like the Westbury White Horse idea. It looks great as a backdrop no matter how far away or how small it is in the distance. Instantly recognisable as well. Stonehenge would have the same effect though so both those ideas get my vote!

Kevinb
20-08-10, 05:12 PM
I e-mailed Longleat to see what they would think of a group photo in front of the house. Response below

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.
We can certainly look to accomodate this although would need to know when you would be planning to do this and at what time so we can gauge if this would impact with general visitor traffic.
Normally we would charge a standard photo shoot fee for this, however I would be happy to alter this so only a grounds entry fee is required per person attending. This cost would be £4 per person.

If you are still interested and have a better idea of timings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Steve Mytton
================================
Steve Mytton
Public Relations
Marketing Assistant
Longleat Enterprises

Direct line 01985 845415
Address The Estate Office, Longleat,
Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NW

smellygerm
20-08-10, 05:15 PM
nice one kev [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
20-08-10, 05:23 PM
awesome nice one kev :)

Ryan
21-08-10, 01:03 AM
great idea!

Beamer
21-08-10, 07:56 PM
Just found this post........sorry for not mentioning it today Kev.................great to have a response from them too........ whats the general consensus? :) :)

Jacde
21-08-10, 09:30 PM
Wow, what an opportunity, thanks for making contact with the Longleat estate Kevin [smiley=thumbsup.gif] I'd be more than happy to pay £4 (plus maybe a donation to a charity that Lord Bath supports as a thank you for allowing us to use his home!) ;D
(just hope that where ever it takes place it's arranged once I've got my licence) ::)

Beamer
21-08-10, 10:17 PM
well said jackie......THANK YOU KEVIN [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

6T
21-08-10, 10:43 PM
would be an excellent choice major wiltshire landmark with plenty of space for bikes and people,thanks to Kevin for the groundwork [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Mas1
22-08-10, 09:13 AM
What a great idea [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Taylor86
22-08-10, 04:18 PM
Brilliant Kev! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Davey
23-08-10, 09:55 AM
Just seen this as I now finally have access to the interwebthingymajiggy - sounds a great idea and will be a good memory for when i'm galavanting across the world in a few month - so best be getting it done soon before the crappy weather sets in [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Another place could be Castle Coombe race track as we've done photo shoots there before

Nokesy
23-08-10, 10:42 AM
I e-mailed Longleat to see what they would think of a group photo in front of the house. Response below

Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your email and apologies for the delay in my reply.
We can certainly look to accomodate this although would need to know when you would be planning to do this and at what time so we can gauge if this would impact with general visitor traffic.
Normally we would charge a standard photo shoot fee for this, however I would be happy to alter this so only a grounds entry fee is required per person attending. This cost would be £4 per person.

If you are still interested and have a better idea of timings please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards

Steve Mytton
================================
Steve Mytton
Public Relations
Marketing Assistant
Longleat Enterprises

Direct line 01985 845415
Address The Estate Office, Longleat,
Warminster, Wiltshire, BA12 7NW

Excellent idea Kev! [smiley=thumbsup.gif] Good work! Count me in guys - when are we going to do this then?

Bornagain
24-08-10, 11:10 AM
Nice one Kev, fantastic news and probably a winner i reckon

How do you start a location poll on this thing? Do we even need a poll on location or just go with Kev's contact and go straight to a poll on dates?

mcicy
26-08-10, 09:10 AM
Now all we need is the power to control the weather so we get a good day for it.

Bornagain
26-08-10, 10:16 AM
We need a command decision to move this on so i hope no-one will mind if we just run with Longleat. Summer's fading fast unfortunately and Longleat is a world renowned iconic Wiltshire landmark.....with a good carpark at the front of the house!!

Kev, i hope you don't mind but i'll get in touch with Steve at Longleat and look at the possibilities of dates and times. If it's possible to do Sundays then i'll probably post a poll with a couple of Sundays middle to late Sept, it seems that the majority of people have Sundays off so if there's a choice of 2 it'll hopefully maximize attendance.

Once we've got a date then does anyone know a mate with a van or something tall for the photographer to stand on, i imagine the shot will need to be from an elevated position....maybe Steve at longleat could help with that...i'll ask
Also, if we end up with a huge number coming i'll get in touch with the Wiltshire Times to see if they want to run it as a Human Interest story and send along a phot guy, could be some positive PR for bikers....and local rags are always under pressure to fill their pages.
Another good idea is, if we can get most people to come with an MCN then we can take 1 shot of us all holding it up and that should get us in there too!! ........Vanity....a deadly sin!!

When i get some info back i'll let you know and we can take it from there
;D

Davey
26-08-10, 10:27 AM
I've got a van and don't care if someone stands on the roof - could also transport other bikes if they're none runners but something special

ro
26-08-10, 11:00 AM
There are already 2 other WB events in September: 12th is Ace to Brighton (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1281010856), 18--19th. is Isle of Wight (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1281946269). So if it's got be be a Sunday, that leaves 5th and 26th.

Bornagain
26-08-10, 11:43 AM
Had a chat with Steve, he needs a date and number of attendees before he'll confirm. Once he has these he can consult the Groundsman and get the thumbs up. Very positive chat but obviously wont confirm until we have numbers......doesn't want a gazillion bikers invading the estate which totally makes sense.

Thanks Robin for the heads up on existing events, below is a copy of the letter and ammendment

Can we hit this poll soonest, the quicker we can get back to Steve the better [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hi Steve,
Can i also add Sunday 3rd October as a potential date and remove Sunday 19th sept.
To confirm: The 2 proposed dates are now Sunday 26th sept or Sunday 3rd Oct

Kind regards

Liam

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: steve.mytton@longleat.co.uk
Subject: Wiltshire Bikers Group Photo Longleat House
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 11:26:12 +0100

Dear Steve,

Many thanks for taking your time to speak to me today.

As you know our plan is to take a group photo of our Wiltshire Bikers members parked in front of the world renowned and iconic Longleat House. With regards to our conversation, i will confirm with you the numbers and the particular Sunday of choice (either 19th Sept or 26th Sept) as soon as i have that information. I totally understand the necessity for a pre 10am photoshoot and will be asking attendees to arrive by 8am for a 9am shoot. I will post a poll on the forum today and will hopefully have the information for you at least by Tuesday 31st August. It really is very hard to gauge just how many will attend, but i very much doubt it will be any greater than 100 bikes and riders. I will ensure all riders have a "parking puck" for their stands so as not to damage the area in the front of The House.

As mentioned, i will be approaching the Wiltshire Times once the photo's have been taken and hopefully they will run a brief human Interest story. Thank you for allowing that, no money will be made from the photos. In fact no money will be generated by the photos at all as all attendees will receive the digital images for free.

I'd like to thank you in advance for your time and effort and please pass on to the Groundsman our respect for his instruction and the Estate.

If there is any other information you require before i get back to you on Tuesday then please don't hesitate to contact me.

kind regards

Liam Owen
01225 777006
07858 284591

Vincent
26-08-10, 11:49 AM
I'm in for either date mate!
V_mix

bubblylittleme
26-08-10, 12:19 PM
Either.......

V-mix
Bubblylittleme

hotdog
26-08-10, 12:29 PM
Which way does the house face? Perhaps some of the better photographers could comment but isn't there a chance that before 10.00am this time of year the sun's going to be low in the sky and all wrong for such a photo? Not meaning to throw water on the flames, but just thought maybe this should be considered. I'll get my coat now ::)

Bornagain
26-08-10, 12:38 PM
Good point....haven't got a clue
But.... i'm sure with the money and design hours/years spent on it, it's going to be South facing. Should be fine and i like your optimism it's going to be a sunny day!!

Coat not required :)

Kevinb
26-08-10, 01:04 PM
I can't make the 26th September, but ok for other dates.

Nokesy
26-08-10, 02:55 PM
Either.......

V-mix
Bubblylittleme
Nokesy

Might be better to add to the poll an 'either date is fine' option so that those of us who can make both dates don't have to choose either option when both are fine. You can then just go by the majority vote for the other two options [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
26-08-10, 04:19 PM
Can't make the 26th September as I will be stuck at work

Bornagain
26-08-10, 04:33 PM
Sorry...Ooops! Can we ditch this one now continue with the new thread!

ro
26-08-10, 11:36 PM
Which way does the house face?google shows (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Longleat&sll= 51.188575,-2.238774&sspn=0.016892,0.055189&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear= Longleat,+Warminster,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.185651,-2.274277&spn=0.002138,0.006899&t=h&z=17) that the main house faces slightly east of south.

I don't understand the mention of sidestands on grass though as there's a huge tarmac area in front of the house.

Bornagain
26-08-10, 11:44 PM
Yeah, the tarmac area is where we'll take the photo but the tarmac there at the front of the house isn't that great and might be a bit "soft", hence we don't want to leave lots of little divets behind....just an easy to do precautionary measure to keep the Groundsman happy

I'll speak to Dabz on Friday about dates, i might be able to request another date but will have to check with Steve first, like you said, it's nigh on impossible to get a date we can all attend [smiley=thumbsup.gif]