PDA

View Full Version : Ouch!!!

Moo
29-08-10, 06:15 PM
Just been out offroading with JD, Don and Suggsy had a great time apart from needing strong painkillers!!!

I managed to loose the front trying to avoid Don who had just fallen off in front of me and the first bit to hit dirt was my ribcage, ouch :'(

Good news is i missed Don and I don't think I broke anything not even the bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bad news is it smarts a bit. :(

Seriously tho folks give it a go its excellent!! Just take your road bike brain out before you go and use the back brake instead of the front - Lesson learned. :-[ :-[ :-[

Martin

Honda_Star
29-08-10, 06:57 PM
Glad you had a good time - yep different bike brain needed for off roading...but you get used to falling off (well I have lol!!) ;D

R6_Don
29-08-10, 08:07 PM
yeah was a good day. I think Moo just fell off so i did not feel as silly as it was my 4th off in the day. Thank god for body armour and knee pads :D Hope you feel better soon moo and cheers for avoiding me.

Taylor86
29-08-10, 09:08 PM
You're all either braver, or crazier than me! Don't think I'll ever try off-roading... bit of a wuss! :D

SBQE2
29-08-10, 09:14 PM
And you are trying to encourage people to try this :-? :-? :-?

Moo
29-08-10, 09:25 PM
Yes it improves your bike control apparently!!

Geordie Stu
29-08-10, 10:06 PM
Either improve your bike control or learn how to fall off :D

Moo
30-08-10, 08:13 AM
Think I fell off just fine!! The body armour, boots, knee guards etc did their bit to limit the damage. Still hurts but not too bad really, best bit is the most comfortable position is in Fireblade pose so I should be ok with that as long as I dont hit too many bumps.

I even hear that young Ryan has bought some body armour now because its not just wimps that wear it!!

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ryan
30-08-10, 06:38 PM
lol i cant WAIT to get out next weekend, falling off off-roading is tradition, we've all done it ;)

jonnydangerous
01-09-10, 12:26 PM
1st rule of offroading....Tuck and Roll... ;-)
2nd rule...ALLWAYS wear body armour...i always have (ahem!)... ;-)
3rd rule....1 paracetamol fixes EVERYTHING! even broken legs, shoulders, wrists, ribs.... ;-)

it was a FANTASTIC day, we ended up doing 90 miles in the end (me and don), and even found some tracks ive never been down in the 10 years ive been offroading salisbury plain....

bonus :-)

everyone rode well, and were considerate, good fun, and had a great laugh.

all are welcome in future...

Jacde
01-09-10, 12:38 PM
I'd come along and laugh at you all falling off, maybe dish out the odd flask of tea and biscuits and maybe even supply the odd bit of sympathy, but I know how much it hurts just coming off a cycle let alone a motorbike :( plus I don't think they make small enough off road bikes :D phew!

jonnydangerous
01-09-10, 12:43 PM
Jacde.....
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/road-legal-pit-bike-125-cc-/300462300323?pt=UK_Motorcycles
reckon even you'd reach the floor.... ;-)

Jacde
01-09-10, 01:12 PM
Ooooo ooo oo ooo ooo I LIKE, I LIKE lots

RachaelEllen
01-09-10, 01:40 PM
I think i'd be quite good at this, i have been known to favour the back brake!

Jacde
01-09-10, 01:49 PM
I think i'd be quite good at this, i have been known to favour the back brake!

yup I favour the back break too, think I'd be crap tho, I am on a cycle ;D fall off loads!

Moo
01-09-10, 05:39 PM
Being a man I decided that 3 days was a reasonable time to wait before seeing a doctor. No broken bits, just badly bruised ribs which hurt quite a bit, will take up to 6 weeks to heal fully apparently.

Got some good painkillers too, which make me very sleee....py

Hasn't put me off tho [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Taylor86
01-09-10, 06:05 PM
I'd come along and laugh at you all falling off, maybe dish out the odd flask of tea and biscuits and maybe even supply the odd bit of sympathy

Tea and biscuits sounds much better than bruises and scrapes!! ;D

Funnily enough I also favour the back brake... maybe it's a female thing?