PDA

View Full Version : faith restored in the human race !

ktm_man
02-09-10, 05:40 PM
Had been into Bath today to get some things, decided to take the bike as its the easiest for parking and getting around... Anyway on the way back i bumped into a mate on the London road in his car, were chatting away for 30 mins or so and as he drove away id realised that id done the schoolboy error of leaving the ignition/lights on.. So I tried bumping it - v twins not so easy to bump even in 6th. I decided to push it to Batheaston - theres a steep-assed road going down to The George pub on the river.. Anyway was pushing the bike up to the roundabout to the bypass and a scooter rider, on one of this big comfy scooter thingys pulled over and said that he only lived down the road and would come back with a jump kit..
Chuffing amazing !! Ten mins later and i was off again.. Saved a lot of time & hassle as my moby had died prior to pulling over in the first place..

So yeah, nice ending to what could have been a ball-ache :).

Dabz
02-09-10, 09:34 PM
Excellent, gotta love bikers!

Morticia
02-09-10, 10:12 PM
Glad to hear it!

Beamer
02-09-10, 10:17 PM
Its amazing how great people can be..... and your pay back??..... maybe to stop and help someone when you're going past them..... Im sure you would but thats what makes life so much fun..... excellent stuff .... and glad you got sorted.......
p.s...not so easy for a female to stop and offer help.... I would love to but not if Im on my own.....now thats pants and Id hate going on past if someone was in need :-? :-?

thingstomakeanddo
02-09-10, 10:40 PM
This just reminds me so much of what i have seen of Bike riders since i've been riding again after years of absence ,,still...least i'm legal now after passing my full test just two days ago ,,,But back to this thread in hand ,There really are amazing people out there who are willing to stop an help out when they can ,,the thing is we need to act in the same way ,,,when we can [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
03-09-10, 07:00 AM
Nice when it happens aint it ? :)

BladeTriple
03-09-10, 07:49 AM
Thats brilliant news, definitely makes you see the good in people even if it was a scooter rider that I bet most of us don't nod at on our way past them on the road like we would other lunatics on 2 wheels :(

p.s...not so easy for a female to stop and offer help.... I would love to but not if Im on my own.....now thats pants and Id hate going on past if someone was in need :-? :-?

With you there , I only tend to stop if I'm with my other half too unless its another female at the side of the road (I'm nearly 6ft tall I should be ok ;D) but its sad to think we can't stop to help stranded bikers if we're alone just because we're girls :(

Nelly , RR regulars not a word about how most blokes wouldn't risk anything either :D ::)

Geordie Stu
03-09-10, 08:00 AM
Nice 1 [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
03-09-10, 08:33 AM
Glad to hear there are some good people in the world.

Top story [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
03-09-10, 08:39 AM
cool.... :-)
i stopped to give "wolfie" a lift once, a bloke i didnt know at the side of the road, who had run out of fuel on his TL1000.....and he gave me free access backstage at the Bulldog bash as he was one of the DJ's.......

we gotta stick together......... :-)