PDA

View Full Version : What is it about....

GaryMc
25-08-10, 11:42 PM
....riding your bike that you love? [smiley=happy.gif]

mcicy
26-08-10, 09:07 AM
the freedom, gotta love being able to just take off, no radio, no wife in my ear just an open road.... have to be careful though last time I switched off and just rode I ended up in Durham before I realised where I was

Scotty
26-08-10, 10:12 PM
... freedom, nothing else to worry about, putting the rest of the world into reverse, having a clear run down a favourite bit of road, pulling a better wheelie than last time, putting the dick in the Impreza in his place, riding miles off road and seeing nobody else at all, doing the perfect lap of Cadwell Park.... need I go on? 8-)

Bornagain
26-08-10, 10:52 PM
Feeling raw and totally alive, drawing and depending on every one of your senses, being part of the machine and the physics of the process of just getting round one single unknown corner....Christ, i've only had my bike 2 months and it's damn near taken over my life!!

Beamer
27-08-10, 06:42 AM
Just actually being able to ride it......It was a personal challenge to actually get on one and do my CBT, which I did, now I just want to learn more and ride more .......I love the fact that you are open to the elements and you are in control of that machine. For me it is the adrenalin rush every time I pull away and the hope that I manage to get a little further down my 'long long road' of being educated on how to ride....every time I go out is a new lesson (thats how i look at it) and I love learning. Yup it's a brilliant feeling. [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D ;D ;D

p.s...... I know I only have a 125 and do not do the stuff that the 'big boys and girls' do, but it feels blinking good anyway lol ;D

DaytonaDog
27-08-10, 07:58 AM
I heard this quote the other day which I think sums it up perfectly

motorcyclists are the only people that understand why a dog stick his head out of a window of a fast moving car.

For me it's the freedom, the adrenaline rush, and the sense of brotherhood between fellow bikers.

Nokesy
27-08-10, 10:29 AM
For me, it's the freedom, the adrenalin of riding progressively, the enjoyment of the sheer sexiness of bikes, the ability to blat with a mere twist of the wrist, being at one with nature, finding amazing roads, the feeling when entering and exiting corners perfectly and most of all, it's the fellow bikers you meet along the way - some that will stay in your life forever, some that just pass through and some you fall in love with!

jonnydangerous
27-08-10, 11:22 AM
.....cos i can. nuff said :-)

Jon_W
31-08-10, 08:31 AM
'Cos it's cheaper than a car, quicker, more fun. I haven't got to sit in endless traffic jams, suffer huge fuel bills, and pay congestion charges...

Basically 'cos I enjoy it and I'm tight!!! [smiley=happy.gif]

Morticia
01-09-10, 11:54 PM
The only thing I don't like about my bikes is not being able to wear my high heels whilst riding. Everything else, I ADORE!

hotdog
02-09-10, 01:37 AM
Being in control of a vehicle with awesome power and making progress better than any other form of road user... The ability to (safely) pull off over-takes you wouldn't even consider on or in any other vehicle... the pure sensation of reading the road and leaning the bike round bends and striving to remain in perfect control, carving a smooth line from one to the next to the next. The fact that every ride is different with something new to learn or discover each time. And, as Jaydee said... because I can.

iankebab
02-09-10, 08:26 AM
it's just me and my bike, the wind in what little hair i have left, the feeling of freedom, the cameraderie of other bikers. I can go on and on and on, but it's just brilliant

Geordie Stu
02-09-10, 10:07 AM
LOVE IT ALL. ;D ;D

Nelly
02-09-10, 12:39 PM
Smiling like a buffoon behind me visor all the time 8-)

GaryMc
02-09-10, 04:16 PM
The only thing I don't like about my bikes is not being able to wear my high heels whilst riding. Everything else, I ADORE!

Ladies and Gentlmen (I use the term loosely ;) ) WE HAVE A WINNER!

My favourite so far ;D

Well done Mort. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jonnydangerous
02-09-10, 04:48 PM
no matter how hard i try.....i cant wheelie a diesel mondeo (yawndeo).... ;-)

ZZR600Dude
02-09-10, 05:38 PM
Best thing I ever did is taking up biking.
Awsome power of bikes, ability to match even the best cars, feeling of freedom and an escape from the clutter of life. Great comradeship amongst bikers.
I really miss biking after my crash and so look forward to riding again.
Only regret is I waited 40 years to get into biking, absolutely love it.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon_W
03-09-10, 09:16 AM
Best thing is being able to ride...

redken1
03-09-10, 09:57 AM
I sometimes look to the skies and wish I could be a bird for a day, but of course I can't. Riding a motorcycle is close enough though. A bird does not wait for the lights to change to green behind a queue of cars - and nor do I. Freedom total freedom.

ZZR600Dude
03-09-10, 03:26 PM
Thanks for this thread it a real inspiration to read the comments after my crash.

:)

Morticia
03-09-10, 07:33 PM
motorcyclists are the only people that understand why a dog stick his head out of a window of a fast moving car.

LMAO!!! I do that too, Steve keeps telling me off, apparently is dangerous...

Morticia
03-09-10, 07:36 PM

Ladies and Gentlmen (I use the term loosely ;) ) WE HAVE A WINNER!

My favourite so far ;D

Well done Mort. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Glad you liked it! I just noticed your signature, loving it too!

redken1
03-09-10, 07:37 PM
no matter how hard i try.....i cant wheelie a diesel mondeo (yawndeo).... ;-)You can if you go off a ramp lol

silly_simon
03-09-10, 08:30 PM
Plain & simple
The friend's you make [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nuff said :)

bobf279
03-09-10, 09:01 PM
cos its fun

GaryMc
04-09-10, 11:06 AM
Thanks for this thread it a real inspiration to read the comments after my crash.

:)

Your welcome mate.

GWS [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB
06-09-10, 04:43 PM
I just love riding bikes, doesn't matter what bike or where, the feeling is just soo good. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

My best friends are bikers, they are my family. They have always been there for me, offering friendship, help, support or whatever is needed and I will always endevour to return that. 8-)

BB