PDA

View Full Version : Raffle prizes wanted!

Dabz
10-07-10, 10:52 AM
As usual, Wiltshire Bikers will be running a club stand with a competition at the Calne Bike Show and at the bike racing at Castle Combe at the start of Sept. This year we'd like to do a raffle if possible, as it's far easier for those running the stand.

We can only do a raffle if we have enough prizes though so we're asking for any donations of prizes - bike related or otherwise - from members. Calne is only 2 weeks away so we're short on time!

Money raised at Calne is to be split 75/25 between the Calne Rotary Charities and WB, and money raised at Castle Combe is going to WB. WB funds are needed for website hosting and raising the profile of the website.

Any queries etc PM me or catch me at a meet :)

Thanks

Beamer
10-07-10, 10:55 AM
Great idea Dabz lol ;)........we'll donate a kids toy of some sort and that will encourage kids to pester mums and dads to buy them tickets too lol [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Beamer
11-07-10, 03:40 PM
AWWW come on people.......just a bottle of wine or the useless xmas pressie you were given last year would be brilliant (he's not asking for a fortnight for 2 in New York or anything although that would be really appreciated lmao)........Dabz so often uses his own money to run the site and it would be great for him not to have to do this........you can make donations towards the cost of running Wiltshire Bikers to him if you ever feel the need....... but by donating a prize you are helping in a different way and also raising a bit of money for the Calne Rotary charities too :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif] :) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Roll_on
11-07-10, 04:41 PM
Dabz perhaps you could add a list of the sort of things you are looking for as prizes. Peeps could then tick which they are willing to offer it would also help to reduce too much duplication.

Dabz
11-07-10, 07:52 PM
sounds like a good idea LP - basically anything that bikers would want to win though - a bottle of wine (I have a couple of these that I'll put in), anything bike related, discounts from local businesses etc?

mcicy
12-07-10, 04:01 AM
I am sure i have some stuff I have gotten for free in the past, I am sure I have a Oxford Comfy 3 pack of neck tubes in the garage all brand new. I'll have a look when i get back home tomorrow

Dabz
12-07-10, 08:25 AM
that would be perfect, thanks!

Jacde
12-07-10, 09:34 AM
Dabz, I'm in the process of fund raising myself for a charity event, but I'll see what I can lay my hands on.

Having read Morticia's post I could offer body massage too, only problem would be if someone wins it and they're not 'local' to Swindon, don't mind a reasonable travelling time, but nothing ridiculous. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
12-07-10, 05:29 PM
I can do 1 free personal training session, massage or belly dance lesson.

Call me selfish, but I'm only offering one of those services, either you choose the one you think people would prefer or give them the choice. Let me know if you want to take up the offer.

Dabz
12-07-10, 07:40 PM
that sounds great Morticia! Thanks very much :D

R1chie
12-07-10, 07:50 PM
I've got a dvd you can have.

It's not in cellophane but it has never been watched.

Morticia
12-07-10, 07:58 PM
that sounds great Morticia! Thanks very much :D

You're very welcome. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

smellygerm
12-07-10, 10:41 PM
I will donate a £30 food gift voucher for the harp and crown velley hill gastard if you want. Just pop in one evening ask for stace and I will sort it out [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
13-07-10, 10:53 AM
that's excellent, thanks! I'm hopefully coming up next weds (21st) so will say hi :)

Davey
13-07-10, 04:03 PM
I'll see what I can get thrown in but sure I can get something (no there won't be any bikes)

Kevinb
13-07-10, 07:32 PM
Dabz

Put me down for a 70cl bottle of Scotch and 70cl bottle of ginger wine.
Will you be at the Black Horse Friday?
If not would you like it dropped off?
Kev

Roxy
13-07-10, 07:37 PM
As you all know I just love washng my bike (NOT!) so...

dabz, put me down for a bottle of Muck-Off and I will throw in some sponges and a bucket too!! lol ;D

Roxy :)

KP
13-07-10, 09:19 PM

Call me selfish, but I'm only offering one of those services, either you choose the one you think people would prefer or give them the choice. Let me know if you want to take up the offer.

put me down for a 1000 tickets please lol ::) ::) ::) ::)

CBRowner
13-07-10, 09:44 PM
I've got some indicators, grips etc. if that's any use for you.

I may even have some other stuff for you as well but I'll have to look through all the crap in my house first [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
14-07-10, 03:42 AM
How do we get this stuff to you? I have definately got those Oxford Comfy neck things and will somehow get them to you

Dabz
14-07-10, 08:49 AM
that's great, thanks guys :D I'll be at the Black Horse on Friday, or you can pop smaller things in the post, or drop off at The Sally (I'm sure Darren wouldn't mind holding on to things until I'm next up there?)

Kevinb
14-07-10, 09:02 AM
Dabz

Me & Pat are willing to cover the stall for an hour to give others the chance to look around if that helps.

Kev

Dabz
14-07-10, 12:38 PM
that would be really good, thanks mate! It'd be nice to be able to have a bit of a wander and see some of the other stands! :D

Roxy
14-07-10, 01:01 PM
me too, just say when and I can do a bit also. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Morticia
14-07-10, 01:08 PM

You wanna belly dance lesson? ;D

Kevinb
14-07-10, 01:22 PM

Can't imagine you belly dancing ;D

Nooj
15-07-10, 12:20 AM
I'll do a free Puncturesafe motorcycle installation for a prize, usually £20. Will make up a laminated voucher or something for the table, PM me an address to send it to, or maybe better if I give it to you on the day as I'm strapped for time this week, and will be there on the day anyway.

Beamer
16-07-10, 06:39 PM

Can't imagine you belly dancing ;D

he he he ......I see it quite regularly lol......but would like him to have a little more rhythm to it lol lol ;) ;) ;)

CBRowner
16-07-10, 10:16 PM
Put me down for an hour or two as well but I'll need to get a polo shirt first [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Dabz
21-07-10, 12:55 PM
Just a quick note to say I've started to receive raffle prizes and vouchers etc - ideally need to get as much of it as I can by end of play tomorrow (Thursday) so I have time to print out vouchers, posters etc!

Thanks guys :)

CBRowner
21-07-10, 02:02 PM
I'm on nights tomorrow but I'll try and give them to Darren at the Sally as I'm heading to work [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nooj
08-09-10, 12:58 AM
Who won the tyre sealant installation then? Not heard from anyone about it yet.

Dabz
08-09-10, 08:31 AM
It was Nico_babe who won that one mate