PDA

View Full Version : RIP Shoya Tomizawa.

Roxy
05-09-10, 08:47 PM
Tragic accident and such a loss of a young bright star.

RIP kiddo :(

http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2010/Shoya+Tomizawa+passes+away

GaryMc
05-09-10, 09:21 PM
Dies doing something he loved :'(

A great talent lost. Ride In Peace mate.

bobf279
05-09-10, 09:37 PM
That was a really horrible crash, Scott Redding ran over him and was injured too, RIP

ollie
05-09-10, 09:41 PM
RIP tomi greatly missed and a great talent lost

Hunar
05-09-10, 11:22 PM
a sad day for a great sport

StreetHippo
05-09-10, 11:44 PM
RIP Tomizawa, so young, a great loss.

Stu

crewy
06-09-10, 01:24 AM
Such a tragic way to go, RIP Tomizawa

Morticia
06-09-10, 09:13 AM
Ride In Peace Shoya

Sean.C
06-09-10, 10:13 AM
Was a horrible accident . RIP Tomizawa

Roll_on
06-09-10, 10:34 AM
RIP Tomizawa.

BladeTriple
06-09-10, 06:28 PM
Sleep Well Tomi San x....

A terrible accident , just glad the other 2 riders walked away relatively unscathed,
I cannot begin to imagine the mental scars that poor Scott Redding will have after running poor Shoya over at top speed lets hope the poor kid doesn't blame himself for another racers passing... A sad fortnight in motorcycling :(

silly_simon
06-09-10, 06:49 PM
Just seen the news fotage of this as Scott Redding's home town is Quedgely in Glo's :(

Very nasty accident indeed

RIP Shoya San :'(

Scotty
06-09-10, 07:14 PM
RIP indeed, my two favourite Moto2 riders both involved in the accident. Poor kid, he was always smiling, a real talent for the future :'( Somewhat annoying is that I heard about his untimely death on the news on BBC radio whilst driving home last night, and he was also mentioned in the sports bulletin on BBC Breakfast this morning, but they never gave him a namecheck when he won the first ever Moto2 race in Qatar did they, nor mentioned that fact when reporting his death? >:(

Jon_W
08-09-10, 08:10 AM
Saw this on the news. WOW!! Thought are with his family.

Mark_Able
08-09-10, 08:44 PM
As my boys called him, Tommy Zawa was a bright talent, and a real battler. Always sad, but it's the nature of the sport. RIP. :'(

Davey
08-09-10, 10:34 PM
inquiry into track workers roll in TOMIZAWA'S death

stolen fron another forum but backs up what we all think

Paolo Giovagnoli, the prosecutor of Rimini, has opened a dossier of inquiry into the death of Shoya Tomizawa, the 19 year-old Moto2 rider who lost his life Sunday in a horrific crash during the San Marino GP. The inquest into Tomizawa’s death is investigating unknown persons, who may have contributed to Tomizawa’s injuries when he was hastily taken off the track via stretcher, which was subsequently dropped in the process. Tomizawa’s body will undergo a full autopsy, which could lead to manslaughter charges being drawn up against the track workers, and possibly track authorities as well.

Clinica Mobile and track officials have drawn heavy fire since the incident Sunday. At the center of the controversy was the decision not to red flag the race, and the brisk removal of the riders, bikes, and debris that occurred so the race could continue unhindered. Race officials have stood behind their decision saying that a red flag was not necessary to safely transport Tomizawa and the other riders, and in fact a red flag scenario would have delayed potentially lifesaving medical help to Tomizawa.

“Immediately the first idea I think is if it’s possible to stop the race because it’s dangerous, but the people with the stretcher immediately arrived and when you remove the rider from the track for my medical decision I do not ask Race Direction for the red flag because this does not help my job, because we delay the intervention for the ambulance,” said Dr. Claudio Macchiagodena of the Clinica Mobile.

“Behind the track protection we had one ambulance with the respirator inside and we started immediately all the intensive care for him. I didn’t ask for the red flag because I didn’t need it. After the rider came to the medical centre I had some people asking me why it took a lot of time. The intensive care started behind the protection of the track. Normally when you have a broken arm the ambulance is the same as a taxi, where you put the rider inside and send him quickly. Now it was very important to have the ventilation and two doctors. When he arrived at the medical centre his condition was critical, and we continued the intensive care.”

Despite Dr. Macchiagodena’s statement, the issue that many are having with the treatment by the corner workers stems from the rapid use of a stretcher to take the riders off the track. Suffering from head, back, and chest impacts, Tomizawa was taken off the track with seemingly little care given to the potential injuries in these regions.

The issue was only compounded further as Tomizawa was dropped while on the stretcher in the process of being extracted from the track. While it remains unclear if these circumstances exacerbated Tomizawa’s injuries, it has drawn serious attention to the protocols of rider safety in crashes like the one at San Marino.

Source: ANSA via MotoBlog.it

Bikermouse
09-09-10, 10:26 PM
Very sad to see on live TV. Brought home to me the danger of the sport that I love and even more so as he's the same age as my little superstar, Sam Lowes.

I hope that Scott Redding has a full recovery and is given whatever support he needs to get over the trauma.