PDA

View Full Version : looks like im joining zzrdude!

rich1988
05-09-10, 01:36 PM
deleted pending insyrance

GaryMc
05-09-10, 01:41 PM
Sorry to hear this mate.

Hope they get you fixed up soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

silly_simon
05-09-10, 01:47 PM
Rich
Sorry to hear about this mate :(

Was the bike left in first gear when the police arrived ? as That would confirm what you told them [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

As for them saying it was you're fault, they alway's seem to blame the biker >:( even though it seem's obvious that the Vito driver pulled out on you :o

Hope you recover soon mate, and the bike's not to damaged :-/

rich1988
05-09-10, 01:52 PM
bikes a complete write off sadly :( no idea what gear it ended up in could be 5th as far as i know, i9m hoping it will go 50 50 as at least i get something

Morticia
05-09-10, 01:52 PM
I'm so sorry Rich. Hope you heal up quick and manage to get the bike sorted. Can't help with advice as I really haven't got a clue how it all works, but I do know they always blame the biker and they always say we were going too fast.

rich1988
05-09-10, 01:55 PM
thanks :) i will update when i know more but itll be at least 8 weeks hopefull bout the same time the insurance will ttake

Mas1
05-09-10, 01:59 PM
Sorry to hear this GET WELL Soon :)

bobf279
05-09-10, 02:02 PM
get well soon

Roll_on
05-09-10, 02:37 PM
Just one question did the van come over halt or give way markings when pulling out.

Bonnielass
05-09-10, 02:55 PM
Do sorry to hear this, I hope you recovery quickly, are they going to have to pin your wrist, looks like a nasty break.

rich1988
05-09-10, 02:56 PM
there are give way markings there (the lines and triangle on tyhe junction)
http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=marlborough&s ll=51.57707,-1.186523&sspn=6.255882,14.128418&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear =Marlborough,+United+Kingdom&ll=51.422539,-1.72815&spn=0.000766,0.001725&t=h&z=19

he pulled out from silverless st to go onto st martins

rich1988
05-09-10, 02:58 PM
Do sorry to hear this, I hope you recovery quickly, are they going to have to pin your wrist, looks like a nasty break.

pin and plate the doc reckoned, i dont get to see the orthapedic guy till tuesday though no idea how long after that till the op, just worried its gonna start healing in the wrong position

SBQE2
05-09-10, 03:01 PM
Hope your recovery goes well. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Never been in this situation but it sounds like you need a chat with a lawyer to get some advice

Last Train
05-09-10, 03:03 PM
What a bastid mate :(

Mend well and good luck

Bonnielass
05-09-10, 03:11 PM
Don't worry about it healing in the wrong place, doc's will sort it out!

Jacde
05-09-10, 03:16 PM
Ouch!!!!
Very speedy recovery [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

DaytonaDog
05-09-10, 03:17 PM
Rich, from what you have described the van is too blame as he has pulled out from a side road across a main road in the path off incoming traffic. He would be even more culpable if the junction was either give way or stop controlled. You speed may be considered a contributory factor and mitigation for the van driver, but he has still failed to see you thus he has driven without due care and attention. Feel free to give us a shout if you want to chat about it in more detail.

Sorry to hear about the accident and hope your recover is quick

Vard66
05-09-10, 04:25 PM
The junction is give way, iirc, it's a crossroads.

F**k Rich but those pics look grim. It's one thing to hear it from you, and another to see that. Jesus.

It sounds very much like the van is at fault, but if any witnesses are local to Herd St, it's possible they've got a grudge against bikers.

I do fairly frequently see some pillock on an SRAD utterly arseholing it up that hill, hitting at least 65-70, in the middle of the day.

CBRowner
05-09-10, 04:44 PM
A friend of mine was in a similar situation and the police blamed him for it because it was him that hit the vehicle, even though the vehicle pulled out in front of him. The insurance company also blamed the rider.

I, personally, blame the van driver for being dick but we all know that there's still a large number of other road users that fail to notice bikes regardless of how many adverts they do to prevent this >:(

I hope you have a speedy recovery anyway mate, it's always sad to hear when a fellow biker gets hurt but I'm glad that it's nothing too serious [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Robf
05-09-10, 05:12 PM
get well soon

Lorraine
05-09-10, 05:13 PM
Sorry to hear about ur accident :(

Get well soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
05-09-10, 05:20 PM
Mate get well soon fella.

Bornagain
05-09-10, 05:25 PM
Bad news buddy. Focus on ya recovery then fight hard for your insurance. DaytonaDog sounds definately worth havin a chat with.
Speedy recovery and best of luck [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hotdog
05-09-10, 05:25 PM
Sounds very scary and painful and sorry to read it all. I hope you make as quick a recovery as possible.

Toph
05-09-10, 05:27 PM
Hope the wrist gets better very soon.. sounds like you did nothing wrong buddy. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

pilninggas
05-09-10, 06:36 PM
That x-ray looks sodding painful, take it easy there for a while.

Worry about all the bureaucracy when you feel up to it. Send someone for some good DVDs and scotch and take it easy!!!

ro
05-09-10, 08:17 PM
So sorry to hear of your accident - hope you're on the mend soon.

I met these people at the NEC: http://sorrymate.com/
Sounds like they might be worth talking to.

Roxy
05-09-10, 09:00 PM
Rich

sorry to hear about your off mate. speedy recovery and have a chat with Chris for sure.

Roxy [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Vard66
05-09-10, 09:10 PM
I'm not thinking it's a terrific start, as a law firm, that the first thing I read on their site was misspelled.

:-?

Hazel-nut
06-09-10, 11:47 AM
sorry to hear about your off, hope you get well soon!
my brother had pins put in his leg when he broke it 6 years ago but the took them out once his leg was healed and he kept them as a souvenir so you could end up with a gross souvenir of it all!he only has 2 small scars out of it aswel so hopefully you wont get a huge one either!

get well soon and hope you manage to sort the insurance

ZZR600Dude
06-09-10, 12:48 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your accident mate.
Concentrate on getting better first you can always get a new bike.

Theres quite a few bike specific law firms I have seen in the back of bike mags. Give them a buzy, I know most are no win no fee and they will be on your side.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

speedy
06-09-10, 04:23 PM
rich sorry to hear about your off hope you get better soon , i had a guy pull out of a side road i tooted (mistake) he braked hit him at the back of his car not much damage . but my insurance company blamed him and i one , hope this helps

Davey
06-09-10, 04:30 PM
i had a guy pull out of a side road

Was probably your lad!! He don't like looking out for bikes :D

BB
06-09-10, 04:49 PM
Ouch, GWS soon [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

BB

wiltshire builders
06-09-10, 05:02 PM
Isn't silverless street closed at the moment? If so that could help your case.

Hope you're feeling better. I've broken both wrists a few times and always find it hurts most at night :(

Vard66
06-09-10, 05:43 PM
I don't think it's closed, but I think it is one way atm.

speedy
06-09-10, 06:12 PM
i had a guy pull out of a side road

Was probably your lad!! He don't like looking out for bikes :D
stu i told him to keep an eye out for you [smiley=thumbsup.gif] that reminds me better take my name off his van. :D

Caz
06-09-10, 06:31 PM
Ooh Rich sorry to here about you accident bad luck xray looks awful. Get better soon mate.

KP
06-09-10, 06:36 PM
get well soon matey [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

hotdog
07-09-10, 12:45 AM
I don't think it's closed, but I think it is one way atm.

It was two way again this last weekend, both Saturday and Sunday... drove it both ways, both days.

rich1988
09-09-10, 06:55 PM
thanks for the good wishes guys, im still in hospital atm (dad smuggled phone in) he has got a now win no fee company on it atm and we have paid 250 to get the bike back although ive not obviously seen it yet. wrist is worse than we first thought and they tell me its unlikely i will get full use back, naturally im going to try my best to though whatever they say

Taylor86
09-09-10, 07:25 PM
You regularly get vehicles cross that road too slowly too. They seem to forget that that's the main road leaving Marlborough towards Swindon!

Even if you managed to get up to 40mph in that short distance (I doubt you did...) he still would have had plenty of time to see you coming.
I'd say he blatantly didn't look properly. Worse still when a bikes light is wired on permanently!!!! >:(

I'll have to keep an eye out there from now on. That's very close to where I live!

Get well soon Rich, and if you want a lift to a bike night soon I don't mind driving you there :)

Nico_babe
09-09-10, 07:45 PM
Bummer dude. I really hope you get well soon xx

Bikermouse
09-09-10, 10:09 PM
Wishing you a speedy recovery Rich. Best to leave sorting out what's what from a legal point of view to the experts. Good luck with that.

kj

rich1988
10-09-10, 07:42 PM
i have sent chris/daytonadog a message, cheers guys :)

Nokesy
14-09-10, 05:04 PM
Didn't get to see you x-rays - but heard about them - sounds nasty :( Wishing you a speedy recovery [smiley=thumbsup.gif] You're young - you'll heal fast ;D

rich1988
15-09-10, 09:01 PM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g262/l337overkill/05092010479.jpg
there ya go, its meant to be straight :P
that bone is in about 4 pieces but hopefully it goes back to one!

im doing everything i can to aid healing, the hardest being no booze for 8 weeks! :( im never likely to get full use but i'll get used to it :)

rich1988
15-09-10, 09:03 PM
boredom is also a big problem, not a lot you can do with just one hand (well apart from the obvious ;D )

rich1988
04-11-10, 12:04 AM
thought I would pop up a quick update in case anyone is interested!, Im still alive (just about :P ) got about 70% of my wrist movement back (still cant move it down so well) and about half the strength (but that is expected to come back)

Still waiting on the insurance company for any real progress but I wont be on a bike for a while (although I keep really wanting to get on one!) Still lurking and reading threads although I cant really join in that much :P

hope everyones good :D

ro
04-11-10, 12:42 AM
Good to hear you're on the mend, not so good about the lack of progress with the insurance company - what's taking so long? Hope you can soon start making plans for riding again next year.

Are you driving now? Perhaps you could come along to the Polebarn on Friday - there was a huge turn-out last week for the AGM, and I think cars outnumbered bikes (for the first time). :-?

ZZR600Dude
04-11-10, 09:17 AM
Hi Rich nice to hear from you again.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hazel-nut
04-11-10, 10:33 AM
i was wondering the other day how you were getting on!thought you might be avoiding the forum in case it frustraed you that you cant join in!glad to here you're getting the movement back though!
you probably dont need them but just to remind you your chair and roll mat are still in dabz's garage!no rush to pick them up though as i know its not your priority atm!
hope you continue to get better and are back on a bike next year!

rich1988
04-11-10, 10:48 AM
Good to hear you're on the mend, not so good about the lack of progress with the insurance company - what's taking so long? Hope you can soon start making plans for riding again next year.

Are you driving now? Perhaps you could come along to the Polebarn on Friday - there was a huge turn-out last week for the AGM, and I think cars outnumbered bikes (for the first time). :-?

Hiya Ro :) I am driving now! bought myself a new car and everything (well not new new but you know what i mean) Not sure what state I will be in tommorrow though as its my birthday today :) but ill try :P

i was wondering the other day how you were getting on!thought you might be avoiding the forum in case it frustraed you that you cant join in!glad to here you're getting the movement back though!
you probably dont need them but just to remind you your chair and roll mat are still in dabz's garage!no rush to pick them up though as i know its not your priority atm!
hope you continue to get better and are back on a bike next year!

I was thinking about the chair and roll mat last night :-[ sorry that I havent picked them up, I think I have his mobile so Ill drop him a text to see when is good for him

*it would appear my phone has eaten his number, along with my sisters, I really need a new phone :P could someone PM me his number or hazel if you wouldnt mind you could ask him when he will be about over the next couple days?*

rich1988
04-11-10, 11:18 AM
also forgot to ask, hows the hip?!

Hazel-nut
04-11-10, 11:36 AM
he wony be around until monday as he will be on his way to stoke to see me in a few hours :P i will pm you his number though and let him know that you will be getting in contact so you can go from there!
good news on the car!at least you are mobile!

oh and...

Happy birthday!!!! ;) :D :D :) :) ;D :P [smiley=thumbsup.gif] ;D [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=birthdays.gif] [smiley=birthdays.gif] [smiley=birthdays.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

rich1988
04-11-10, 11:40 AM
cheers :) I get to spend the day under my car, lucky me!

ZZR600Dude
04-11-10, 04:05 PM
also forgot to ask, hows the hip?!
Just about fully recovered now. Its not painfull and I can do most things now.
Bike was written off but will be getting another one. May hold off until Jan/Feb though. If you fancy a slow ride out and you happen to be getting back into biking around that time drop me a pm and we can go for a bimble.
bye for now
Paul
:)

DaytonaDog
04-11-10, 05:34 PM
Rich, like Hazel i was wondering how you were getting on the other day and was about to pm you when lo and behold you posted on the site. Good to hear you're on the mend and mobile again, albeit on four wheels.

Hopefully catch up sometime soon, maybe at the polebarn on a friday night. its a good night out.

silly_simon
04-11-10, 05:46 PM
Good to hear youre on the mend mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Last Train
04-11-10, 07:18 PM
Good to hear youre on the mend mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

X2 :)

rich1988
04-11-10, 08:25 PM
cheers guys, as far as insurance taking a while goes, they have asked the police numerous times for the third parties details but they seem to be witholding it seems, unsure why!

DaytonaDog
05-11-10, 12:09 AM
Rich, contact the officer(s) direct. As the accident involved an injury they should have recorded witness details in their notebooks.

Caz
05-11-10, 04:52 PM
Hiya glad your on the mend and happy birthday. Take care and hope to see you at one of the meets soon mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bonnielass
06-11-10, 08:43 AM
Glad to hear you're on the mend Rich! :) It was about 3 months before I got back on the bike after I broke my wrist but it was nothing like as bad as your break! :(

Beamer
06-11-10, 09:26 AM
HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY.....sorry I missed it :-[ :-[

rich1988
06-11-10, 08:16 PM
Thanks guys :)