PDA

View Full Version : The Rossi Button - Lmao!

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 09:09 AM
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/News/newsresults/New-bikes/2011/January/jan2011-what-rossi-input-on-road-ducatis-means/

Surely this is an early April fools joke? What's next? Yamaha doing a 'Lorenzo Button', followed by the Pedrosa and Stoner Buttons on fireblades?

Nelly
24-01-11, 12:31 PM
That cant be serious!

JohnS
24-01-11, 12:48 PM
I can't wait for the "James Bond button" which when pressed sends out 2 Sidewinder missles to clear idiot car drivers out the way!

Jon_W
24-01-11, 12:50 PM
I've got a bu**sh1t button....

Uber Dave
24-01-11, 04:30 PM
When I read it in the actual paper I took it to mean a theoretical "Rossi Button" as in he would have an input on the various race modes that the bike comes with rather than have an actual Rossi mode. Just the lack of any clarification from the MCN as usual has given the impression of an actual 46 switch.

Besides which going from last year if they did do a 46 switch there would be a lot of broken legs!

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 04:33 PM
Having a button that switches between std settings, and your preferred settings isn't new news, but they are talkinga bout actually releasing Rossi reps in 2012, and no doubt these would come loaded with the Docs settings...

Uber Dave
24-01-11, 04:35 PM
Having a button that switches between std settings, and your preferred settings isn't new news, but they are talkinga bout actually releasing Rossi reps in 2012, and no doubt these would come loaded with the Docs settings...

True, but he would have helped develop the actual engine/traction/wheelie maps, but I would doubt very much it will actually be a button labelled 46, just looks tackie!

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 04:49 PM
Nothing would surprise me - Ducati seem to have gone weak at the knees with the addition of their new asset! Don't get me wrong, I'm a huge Rossi fan, but they do seem to be very gushy. They've wanted him for sooooo long as a rider, and now they have him they are going Rossi mad! I feel a bit sorry for Hayden. He must feel a bit pushed aside now...

silly_simon
24-01-11, 05:21 PM
I too am a Rossi fan, But it still wouldn't make me go and buy a Ducati :o

Scotty
24-01-11, 05:46 PM
That cant be serious!
If it's in Mostly Contrived Nonsense it must be true, surely...??? ::) ::) ::)

They must be panicking now, when Rossi retires in a few years' time, what are they going to write about? :-?

Iceman
24-01-11, 11:28 PM
"What next"? ::)

BladeTriple
25-01-11, 07:55 AM
"What next"? ::)

A Toseland Button.... if you have more than 3 riders in front of you simply press it and watch your race fall apart.

A Lorenzo Button .... If you experience rubbing during a race press this to turn into a petulant child in the post race interviews and throw your toys out of the pram.

A Biaggi Button .... Makes you leave the premier class and go and fight in a lesser league for 4 years before taking the title (Could also be named the Middlesbrough FC button)

A Foggy Button .... Causes the rider to take a spill shattering his confidence and retire then return for years spouting utter blx about how they could've beaten the top rider in the premier class even tho they never even tried

Squashed_Fly
25-01-11, 08:00 AM
The Gibernau button - use it to take out the rider in front on the last corner :)

The Stoner button - comes with a speaker pre-loaded with excuses as to why you didn't win that race. Of course none of them would be 'it was my fault, I simply wasn't fast enough today'

The Edwards button - press it to ensure you get another year in GP, despite never actually posting any significant results. Could also be called the Capirossi button

I like where this thread is going! I bet Scotty can come up with some great buttons!

Nooj
25-01-11, 09:21 AM
I have a belly button, not sure exactly what it does on the bike but it seems to be some kind of fluff filter.

Jon_W
25-01-11, 09:27 AM
Mine has a kill button.... but haven't managed to kill anyone yet!!! :D

Geordie Stu
25-01-11, 10:16 AM
What happened to Feb & March. April 1st already. Ya Rossi button ;D ;D