PDA

View Full Version : Help for 'shorties'

Honda_Star
24-01-11, 06:31 PM
Just thought I would pop a thread on here. I know a lot of us shorter ladies (and gents) don't seem to have been taken into account when bikes are manufactured....we have to invest in lowering kits etc etc.

I did recommend Daytona Ladystar Boots to Jacde as they are the boots I use and they allow me to ride my Street Triple without having to have the bike lowered. Also, at the rate I buy and sell bikes, lowering each and every one would start to get expensive - at least you can take the boots with you! They have built up insoles and they also do them for gents too - I think they are called M-Stars. They make a big difference and they are great boots so I would definitely recommend them.

They cost around £300 new but you can get them cheaper if you order from Germany or take a look on ebay. They appear on there every so often at a cut price.

I can't recommend them highly enough. Worth a thought if you are a little short and have been put off from riding certain bikes.

Just thought I would share the knowledge! :) :) :)

http://www.motorcycle.com/products/daytona-ladystar-gtx-boots-3263.html

Ducatista
24-01-11, 07:06 PM
I got a pair of these for Christmas although I had to get the "M" star in a 40/41 because I think they only go up to 39 in LadyStars.
I think they were about £220 from Germany which is about £100 cheaper than they are in the UK.

I found it very difficult to find somewhere to try (probably cos no-one wants to pay UK prices for them) so we went to the bike show.

Haven't tried them yet but they look very well made.

Mark_Able
24-01-11, 08:14 PM
A pair of Gary Glitter's old platform boots will do the same job at a fraction of the cost. Always glad to be of help... :)

Beamer
24-01-11, 08:16 PM
any help for those of us that are vertically challenged is a bonus hehe....thank you :) :)

Jacde
24-01-11, 11:52 PM
Star is in fact a star! ;D
Boots are fab and I was very very lucky with the price I paid for them too :)
Thank you once again for pointing me in the right direction, wouldn't have found them without you :-* [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

jaagsxr
25-01-11, 12:11 AM
basil ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
25-01-11, 08:13 AM
;D ;D

Gerry
25-01-11, 10:37 AM
basil ;D ;D ;D

Cruel (but funny) ;D

Bornagain
25-01-11, 10:53 AM
basil ;D ;D ;D

You buy me the boots and i'll buy you a corset ;D ;D ;D

How's the practise going on flipping your GS :D :D
You coming friday?

NiteW4tcher
25-01-11, 12:03 PM
awsome my girlfriend is doing her CBT 5th feb and she is 5ft 2" ;D

compared to my 6ft ineed to find bikes she can comfortably ride.

redken1
25-01-11, 06:13 PM
When are the Motorcycle manufacturers going to get their act together and design bikes for those of us that are a little shorter in the leg than the average person. :-?

Ducatista
25-01-11, 06:17 PM
When are the Motorcycle manufacturers going to get their act together and design bikes for those of us that are a little shorter in the leg than the average person

There are plenty of low bikes out there to choose from.

redken1
25-01-11, 06:25 PM
I have a 29 inch inside leg and I find that approx 80 per cent of bike seats are too high for me. Even my current Fazer is about an inch too high.

Ducatista
25-01-11, 06:30 PM
I think my legs are about the same length.
The Boots should make a massive difference to you as the extra height is 3.5cm which is more than one inch.
They don't look too garry glitter because some of the build up is actually inside and invisible.

Personally I think they are great beacuse as well as saving money on lowering bikes, it means that for me I can more easily share bikes with my partner who is taller, without having to make modifications all the time.
(He's not so pleased that i can borrow his bike though :P)

redken1
25-01-11, 06:36 PM
Thanks Ducatista. Worth a look. I know it may seem a silly question, but what are they like to walk in? Thinking about ride outs now.

Ducatista
25-01-11, 06:39 PM
Sorry, I haven't walked in mine yet.
But I can tell you that they look very well made and high quality. They are hand made in Germany.
You would expect that for the price.

What size feet do you have?

redken1
25-01-11, 06:41 PM
Thanks again will def check it out. Would love to get my feet flat on the tarmac, especially as I aint getting any younger. ;D

CharleyX
25-01-11, 06:41 PM
Hi Star, was looking for new boots this year and these are ones i'm looking at how do they compare for size? sometimes i'm a 5 or 6 ?