PDA

View Full Version : Calne bike show - 23rd July

bubblylittleme
25-01-11, 04:53 PM
I have received this in an email today. Can we help?

Calne Bike Show
I am contacting you to see if your club could assist us with the organisation this year as the event is getting even larger and our club does not have enough members to be confident that we can maintain our standards.
I would appreciate it if you could contact me so that we can discuss the possibilities.
Either mail me so that we can set up a convenient meeting or telephone on 01249 813168. email - watchco@tiscali.co.uk

Our problem is numbers and we desperately need people who can take the bookings for the bike clubs and others so that we have the correct information on the day. We also require Marshalls on the day who are prepared to attend briefings so that the clubs and others are dispatched to the right areas. As you know as the morning goes on it becomes more difficult to control and it gets more difficult each year that is why we are calling for help. If you know any of the other local clubs could you either ask them to contact me or speak to them yourself.

Kind regards Ivor Watkins The Rotary Club of Calne

Nooj
26-01-11, 12:52 AM
Cool, that would be great publicity for the forum! I'd offer to marshal (used to marshal the KillSpills rallies, so know about keeping unruly bikers in check ;) ) but I'd like to set up a stand there this year.

Dabz
26-01-11, 08:45 AM
The WB events team and I will be running the usual raffle/competition/awareness stand so if any members would like to volunteer to help the Calne Rotary guys out it'd reflect really well on the club :D

Squashed_Fly
26-01-11, 12:53 PM
What are the dates? I don't mind lending a hand in some capacity or another...

Morticia
26-01-11, 03:54 PM
I'll help if I'm needed. Would you like me to contact this person Sue? Or if you're happy to, just pass on my number.

bubblylittleme
26-01-11, 06:36 PM
I'll help if I'm needed. Would you like me to contact this person Sue? Or if you're happy to, just pass on my number.

I received it through a friend so could you ring and organise yourselves but make sure you mention ur from WB's

Squashed_Fly
26-01-11, 07:28 PM
Have just called them. Date is 23rd July. Have put my name down and they are still desperate for more volunteers as well :)