PDA

View Full Version : Scotty... Question ref track days

silly_simon
28-01-11, 04:42 PM
Hello mate,
Do you actually race bikes ? or do you just do track days ?

I'm only asking as I wondered if they allow spectators at trackdays ? I'm not interested in doing it meself but would love to come and watch when the weathers warmer :o Also do you go by van or bike ?

Cheers Mate [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
28-01-11, 05:05 PM
Hi Simon,

I used to race (even got a couple of pots, woo!hoo! ;D) but retired from that scene nearly ten years ago to preserve my sanity and finances, been doing trackdays since 1996.

Spectating at trackdays is free, though watching races is more exciting as the standard of riding is better overall and people try harder as it is actually a race (Racing isn't allowed on trackdays so we don't do any.... ahem ;)) Also, you have to pay to watch racing :(
I go by van as my track bike isn't road-legal.
The closest trackdays we'll be doing to here are the ARDs at Odiham airfield near Basingstoke - only problem with those is that it's an active RAF base so members of the public not participating in the event can't wander around freely - though they're always looking for Marshals for the days so that's a way of being there, getting paid a little bit, getting fed and taking part to an extent - have a look here (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1282857651) [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Hopefully we'll see you (and anyone else who fancies coming along) at an event or two, or more this summer? 8-)
Thanks for asking
S