PDA

View Full Version : Tears

Squashed_Fly
29-01-11, 09:09 PM
is what I had! After this afternoons riding, I thought the temperatures were ok and I wasn't too cold. So, like an idiot, I decided to go back out on the bike and over to Cheltenham. By the time I got there my fingers were sooooooooooooooo cold! I thought they were going to drop off!!!

Lesson of the day? It's much, MUCH colder when the suns gone down! lol

Roads are all dry though so I still enjoyed it ;)

bobf279
29-01-11, 09:44 PM
oh yes deffo not the time of year to be adventurous after dark

Iceman
29-01-11, 10:11 PM
Yeh,like my 120 mile run down the M5 last Saturday evening.Time I got home my fingers were truly frost bitten,and I'm sure I had first stage hypothermia as well!
;D

Mitch9128
29-01-11, 10:17 PM
Yeah, i put my lining back in my jacket today.

Iceman
29-01-11, 10:27 PM
I read some statistics from a medical journal that a lot of riders suffer from various levels of Hypothermia in the winter without realising it slowly creeping in,causing a lack of awareness and judgement! ..and they also added that the same thing happens in the summer with "heat exhaustion", due to the body being unable to cool itself down because of the leathers/gear trapping moisture! Interesting! :o

..aye,we're a tough old breed us bikers! No wonder car drivers must stare in disbelief as we battle the elements! But like I say,"If you don't ride,then you don't know!"
:)

Loops
30-01-11, 01:04 PM
Yup, in the winter you ride along in 5 layers, pouring rain, frozen roads, biting winds, feeling freezing cold, wishing it was summer again so it would be warm and dry and nice to ride.

Then in summer you ride along with the minimum of layers, all vents open, visor up, panting and sweating and thinking winter really isn't that bad ;D

bobf279
30-01-11, 04:38 PM
Wasn't too bad today although I only did a quick run of about 15 miles to warm the bike through and fill up

Squashed_Fly
30-01-11, 05:03 PM
Have let her in bed today in the garage and used the car. Always difficult taking the dog out on the bike!

R1chie
30-01-11, 05:12 PM
Nothing like the occasion when stepping off the bike, being frozen in a riding position (oi oi), knees seized up, fingers stinging and with ice droplets on your jacket.

[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nelly
30-01-11, 05:24 PM
I went over to see Nooj this morning to get the bike cleaned. And it was bleeding cold. But the fact that the roads were dry more than made up for frozen fingers. Bring on more of that! :)

mcicy
30-01-11, 05:58 PM
Too cold for me to go out on the bike at the moment so its currently in the garage suspended from an engine hoist waiting for the fork oil to be topped up and new bearings to be fitted ready for some riding

VVCALCHEMIST
30-01-11, 06:31 PM
40 miles on my naked bandit & my mate on her speed four across Salisbury Plan this afternoon was just about enough - both had our hands on my can to defrost them!

Col
31-01-11, 12:49 AM
Glad to be out today cos it was glorious and did 60 miles with couple of stops which was plenty and perfect to clear the cobwebs. Am almost tempted to go today if similar as day off :)