PDA

View Full Version : Favourite Races?

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 09:27 PM
Mine has to be either Scott Redding winning the british 125gp, Laguna Seca 2008 or Motegi last year!

I started watching racing the year Neil Hodgson won the WSB - began watching that, but quickly switched to watching Moto GP when Rossi made the move from Yamaha to Honda in 2004.

Will probably start watching some more BSB this year as my insurance company offered me cheap tickets plus a load of other goodies for going...

Scotty
24-01-11, 09:32 PM
Favourite races eh? The first GP I ever went to was about the best I've seen, the epic battle between Sheene and Roberts at Silverstone in '79, and about the best race I've watched overall would be the final round of 2002 WSB at Imola with Edwards and Bayliss swapping paint for the title, absolute classic..

Oh yeah, Rossi went from Honda to Yamaha in 2004 ;)

Squashed_Fly
24-01-11, 09:38 PM
Doh! That's what happens after a few beers on a school night! lol

crewy
24-01-11, 10:52 PM
Scotty have to agree with you there with the Edwards Bayliss battle, still cant believe bayliss lost the tittle after the start to the season he had. My other fav race is a BSB race at thruxton in 97, Neil Mckenzie and Steve Hislop on the cadbury boost yamaha neck and neck the whole race.

Best car race is 98 Belgium Grand Prix where Damon Hill won in a Jordan

BladeTriple
25-01-11, 08:02 AM
Assen WSB 2010 with the all Brit podium for the first time in forever

Hizzy beating Foggy on the classic IOM race

The final race of the 2000 BSB season where it was down to Walker needing just to finish and take 5 points to win and beat Neil Hodgson in a season that had seen rubbing, squabbles and no love lost situations and then the poor guys engine to blow up on the 16th lap leaving Hodgy the victor and Stalker a sad 2nd for the 4th time.

Laguna Seca MotoGP when Rossi duffed up Casey (more teeth than a ferrari gearbox ) Stoner on the inside of the corkscrew showing him what experience really means in a race

Oh the list could go on !

Uber Dave
25-01-11, 10:33 AM
The final 125 race at Cadwell Park last year during the BSB race weekend. Never seen the top 5 or 6 fight for position like that before. Was amazing to watch!

redken1
25-01-11, 05:49 PM
I think it was approx 1980 - 'Pride of the East' speedway competition hosted at the Kings Lynn stadium. Local boys Michael Lee and Dave Jessup, along with John Louis of Belle Vue all ended up with the same amount of points at the end of the night. In the ride-off all 3 riders were neck and neck when Louis came off on the 3rd corner. I cant't recall who won the re-start between Lee and Jessup, but all three of the aforesaid riders broke the lap record on the night. Brill racing.

Nooj
26-01-11, 08:04 PM
Moped Enduro at the Tail-ender six years ago. Hilarious! ;D

Iceman
26-01-11, 08:10 PM
..the TT for me!

Mark_Able
26-01-11, 08:13 PM
The Schwantz - Rainey battles were great, particularly Hockenheim, although I can't remember what year... ::)
Also liked watching Fogarty battle with just about everyone, including Chili (Assen punch up), Koczinski(?), Haga, Slight, etc. Whatever anyone says about Fogarty, he put bike racing back at the forefront in the 90's... 8-)
Always found Doohan boring to watch, with a bizarre riding style... :(

Squashed_Fly
26-01-11, 08:14 PM

Where is this? Sounds like a right laugh!

Beamer
26-01-11, 09:02 PM
Wacky races for me.... love the Ant Hill Mob ;D ;D ;D ;D ::) ::) ::)

Davey
27-01-11, 12:44 PM

They have a C90 challenge often at the supermoto rounds - great fun to watch even better to take part 8-)

One of my favorite races was Donny 2000 where he won his first 500cc race and overtook McWilliams for the lead right infront of us - what a aweful rainy day though but great racing all day

Any race a Laguna Seca as the track is awesome

R1chie
27-01-11, 01:17 PM
2002, WSBK at Imola, Edwards vs Bayliss. Absolutely immense.

Davey
27-01-11, 09:33 PM
Then again thinking abou it every race has its great bits otherwise i wouldn't be addicted to watching it. Yeah you may have a 'boring' race but will still have more excitement than a F1 race or watching a 100M sprint, golf or snooker

Col
31-01-11, 01:06 AM
Desert Orchids Gold Cup victory was a tough race :)

Nooj
31-01-11, 02:27 PM

It was at the BMF tail-ender show, Peterborough.