PDA

View Full Version : first ride of the year

NiteW4tcher
05-02-11, 09:29 AM
.........is later today ill be picking my bike up later.

and i have just realised i only have my tinted visor...........my clear got smashed accidently in the garage

wouldnt bother me if it was alittle brighter out but its miserable and overcast.

(my missus is doing her cbt today hope it doesnt rain............much ;D)

so i have to ride back from yeovil to amesbury in overcast damp conditions with a tinted visor.

AND I CANT WAIT ;D

ive not ridden since october :-[

anyone want to meet up later today or sunday just shout ;D

BB
05-02-11, 09:31 AM
Hope it stays dry and brightens up for both of you! Have fun anyway 8-)

BB

Nelly
05-02-11, 09:50 AM
Take care out there fella. Its horrendous. And good luck to your Mrs :)

Scotty
05-02-11, 11:32 AM
.........so i have to ride back from yeovil to amesbury in overcast damp conditions with a tinted visor...

Er, it's Saturday, all the bike shops are open, why not buy yourself a new clear visor, you're going to need one anyway and if the weather conditions are pants you may as well stack as many of the odds on your side as you can...
Ride steady and get home in one piece, 8-) then get the bucket and sponge out 'cos your bike will be minging! :(

Loops
05-02-11, 01:54 PM
Don not envy either of you - it's warm but damp and VERY windy out there, was being blown all over the place on the CG coming home!

Good luck to the missus, she'll be blown about alot today on a little 125......

Taylor86
05-02-11, 03:17 PM
My first Mod 1 test was abandoned half way through due to bad winds :-/ Luckily I got a free retest, but best of luck to her!!

Iceman
05-02-11, 04:54 PM
Stormy down this end.50mph gusts and I was real keen to take her out for a ride Today! Ride safe! ;)

NiteW4tcher
05-02-11, 06:33 PM
got back ok bit blown about ;D bike all washed too :)

i went to buy a clear visor but none in for my helmet.

so after the other half finished her cbt i stole her lid ;D luckly we have same head sizes

Mitch9128
05-02-11, 07:58 PM
Ah Amesbury, is Sticky Carpets still there?

Scaredy_Cat
05-02-11, 08:13 PM
Ah Amesbury, is Sticky Carpets still there?

Blimey, that brings back memories. Spent many an evening in Stickies when I was an apprentice. ;D

NiteW4tcher
05-02-11, 08:13 PM
im not from around here originally and ive never heard of it ;D

Mitch9128
05-02-11, 10:49 PM
Stickies is legendary, if you live there and have never heard of it, it must be gone...sad days indeed.