PDA

View Full Version : New chain and sprockets help

smellygerm
29-01-11, 12:34 PM
Can anyone advise me on a real good quality chain and both sprockets for me bandit please ::)

Mitch9128
29-01-11, 01:18 PM
DID or Tsubaki, there's loads of kits on Ebay, just make sure you get steel sprockets otherwise they'll last seconds.
Or http://www.bandcexpress.co.uk/ are very good.

Ducatista
29-01-11, 01:25 PM
There is also a lot of rubbish on ebay as well.
I wouldn't personally take any chances if you don't know what you're looking for.

I'd take the advice of someone like CMC in Chippenham.
The won't rip you off and know what they are doing.
They might even give WBs a discount???

I've been to a talk they've done before on chain maintenance and they can advise on the whole range to find something to suit your pocket.

whizz
29-01-11, 06:12 PM
Go to Bike Torque Racing in Frome ,speak to Joe he has a bandit and loads of knowledge on best sprockets and chains ,he can supply you with all that you will need! even different gearing from stock their phone number is01373464252 or www.biketorqueracing.co.uk , :)

Mark_Able
29-01-11, 08:21 PM
Probably Renthall sprockets and DID chain. Lose a tooth off the front sprocket and you'll gain some performance (with a slight loss of top-end speed). It does bugger up the speedo reading a little, but worth it... ;)

Nooj
29-01-11, 11:58 PM
If you're going to get an ally rear sprocket, make sure it's hard anodised (like Renthal ones are), otherwise it'll wear out in no time at all. Always have a steel front sprocket.

mcicy
30-01-11, 05:55 PM
DID everytime, the only kits I will ever fit on my bike

Loops
30-01-11, 06:05 PM
I'd take the advice of someone like CMC in Chippenham.
The won't rip you off and know what they are doing.
They might even give WBs a discount???

I've been to a talk they've done before on chain maintenance and they can advise on the whole range to find something to suit your pocket.

These guys sort me out when I need parts, and are always able to talk you through and advise. They told me my options when I needed new chain and sprockets, but as I wasn't sure (having only had the bike a few months) they were happy to recommend some (and not the most expensive ones either ;))

Jon_W
31-01-11, 07:52 AM
Have a chat with these guys.

http://www.sprocketsunlimited.com

Use them for the Sv as they suppy regina chain off the shelf and will get you what ever you want if you ask.

Had DiD on the Sv when it was new, and it didn't last very well. Have used Regina X ring ever since and that has lasted years.

smellygerm
06-02-11, 12:17 PM
Thanks for all the advice ,went for a did gold in the end and kept the same amount of teeth for the front sprocket ,I'm taking a pilion out this year so I'm slowing things down for now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bornagain
06-02-11, 04:55 PM
Thanks for all the advice ,went for a did gold in the end and kept the same amount of teeth for the front sprocket ,I'm taking a pilion out this year so I'm slowing things down for now [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Didn't think a Bandit had a reverse gear ;D ;D ;D....saying that, you've probably fitted one along with them "SUPERCOOL LIGHTS" :D :D :D

smellygerm
06-02-11, 05:02 PM
Who said that ,I'm looking round at eye level but can't see any one ;)

Bornagain
06-02-11, 05:07 PM

Those sh*te LED's must be blinding you ;D ;D

If i bring a 'ghetto blaster' down to Cornwall we could have a Saturday night fever session by you bike...all we need is the 2 glitter balls from ya bedroom hanging off ya bars by ya blue oyster lights :o :o

smellygerm
06-02-11, 05:33 PM

If i bring a 'ghetto blaster' down to Cornwall we could have a Saturday night fever session by you bike...all we need is the 2 glitter balls from ya bedroom hanging off ya bars by ya blue oyster lights :o :o
Sounds good we could get your mates bike vmix ,that's got glitter all over it ,can you ask him, hes right behind you with his hands on your shoulders ;D

Bornagain
06-02-11, 06:20 PM

Sounds good we could get your mates bike vmix ,that's got glitter all over it ,can you ask him, hes right behind you with his hands on your shoulders ;D

Haha....That's a bit below the belt....

But that's where you like it :o :o :o

smellygerm
06-02-11, 06:37 PM
You'll find out in Cornwall [smiley=shocked.gif]

Bornagain
06-02-11, 06:46 PM
You'll find out in Cornwall [smiley=shocked.gif]

oooh... if only i had a time machine i wouldn't have to wait ;D ;D

I'll be sleeping in chain mail!!! You're a non drinker who will have 10 pints too many...i don't want you waking up in the middle of the night pissing in the tent and then thinking i'm Alli and come over for snuggle :o :o