PDA

View Full Version : Alarms

Si
05-02-11, 06:11 PM
Do we know anyone that does Datatool Alarms and fitting locally? Just broke my Meta system >:(

Roxy
05-02-11, 07:23 PM
nob! ::) ;D

silly_simon
06-02-11, 09:57 AM
Its not worth the aggro mate >:( Just ask Caz or meself the problems we had/are having with a datatool alarm :-?

Plus the saving on the insurance just doesn't justify the outlay of having it fitted in the first place :o

Uber Dave
06-02-11, 10:49 AM
I have had no problem with my Datatool alarm to be honest.

GW fitted mine when I bought the bike as part of the deal I got so they can fit them, no idea on cost though as it was included in the price.

Si
06-02-11, 10:49 AM
Oh! Thanks for the advice Simon! Cheers! :)

Si
06-02-11, 10:50 AM
Thanks Dave!

njl
06-02-11, 11:03 AM
how bust is your Meta? I should have a 357v2 about that came with my bike which i've swapped for a new as it only had one fob. I have a feeling the loom is differernt on earlier versions though

wiltshire builders
06-02-11, 03:07 PM
Rip it out and forget about it. Like Simon said they're more hassle than they're worth. Nobody takes any notice of alarms going off these days anyway.

Roxy
06-02-11, 03:40 PM
You mean you're frightened the snotmobile may get stolen?????? yeah right!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Roxy x

R1chie
06-02-11, 03:50 PM
One year, whilst ringing around for quotes for my old zx-6r (RIP), I asked an insurance company what the difference in the cost of the insurance would be if I got an alarm fitted.

Bare in mind this was a few years ago, and I think Datatool 4 had just come out and you were looking at £300 to buy and install the system (ball park figure)

I was told the saving to my insurance after an alarm was fitted would be...........£20.

I didn't get the alarm fitted ;)

Si
06-02-11, 04:44 PM
how bust is your Meta? I should have a 357v2 about that came with my bike which i've swapped for a new as it only had one fob. I have a feeling the loom is differernt on earlier versions though

Im told its terminal as it crackles and hisses constantly even for a short while after you disconnect it completely! Must be the battery back up.

Si
06-02-11, 04:45 PM
Rip it out and forget about it. Like Simon said they're more hassle than they're worth. Nobody takes any notice of alarms going off these days anyway.

Cheers sounds like a plan to save me 300 pictures of the queen!!

Si
06-02-11, 04:47 PM
You mean you're frightened the snotmobile may get stolen?????? yeah right!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;)

Roxy x

Jealousy! Works in mysterious ways ;D ;) x

Si
06-02-11, 04:48 PM
One year, whilst ringing around for quotes for my old zx-6r (RIP), I asked an insurance company what the difference in the cost of the insurance would be if I got an alarm fitted.

Bare in mind this was a few years ago, and I think Datatool 4 had just come out and you were looking at £300 to buy and install the system (ball park figure)

I was told the saving to my insurance after an alarm was fitted would be...........£20.

I didn't get the alarm fitted ;)

Thanks mate, sounds like everyone thinks the same. Ill forget it i reckon!! :)

Caz
06-02-11, 08:40 PM
Have heard it from the experts dont bother with the Datatool system 3 alarm immoboliser - nothing but trouble as I have found out >:(

Uber Dave
06-02-11, 09:06 PM
Does everyone that has the problems with them have the alarm/immobiliser? I have an S4 Alarm only as my R6 has its own immobiliser and have had no problems at all.

Si
07-02-11, 05:00 PM
Have heard it from the experts dont bother with the Datatool system 3 alarm immoboliser - nothing but trouble as I have found out >:(

Thanks Caz!

Roxy
07-02-11, 08:09 PM
Does everyone that has the problems with them have the alarm/immobiliser? I have an S4 Alarm only as my R6 has its own immobiliser and have had no problems at all.

I also have the S4 on the r6 and touch wood no problems at all. [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Roxy ;)