PDA

View Full Version : gold plated heel plates!

newnut
02-02-11, 03:50 PM
Hi all! just thought i'd throw a pic of my 24 carat gold plated heel plates. they are my old ones but my dad (JJ) has gold plated them for me! sais I have to buy the gold my self to do the frame and swing arm which will be done some time this year!
If you want anything gold plated on your bike give one of us a pm for a chat about it.

click pic for larger pic!
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3477/dscf0610i.jpg

wiltshire builders
02-02-11, 04:23 PM
Maybe you should worry less about the heel plates and more about the state of your rear shock and swing arm! Chain could do with some lube too. ;D

newnut
02-02-11, 04:32 PM
lube?? good luck if you just lube chains in that condition, replacing more like! its a constant battle keeping the bike clean i use it daily thru the winter as a commuter. >:(

R1chie
02-02-11, 05:09 PM
Gold plated heel plates??/

Really?

Each to their own I suppose

Nooj
02-02-11, 08:00 PM
Gold plating really is kicking the arse out of it to beat corrosion! ;D

Isn't it too soft for heel plates though? I'd imagine it would wear away easily.

Caz
02-02-11, 08:07 PM
Gold plated heels [smiley=huh.gif] [smiley=huh.gif]

newnut
02-02-11, 09:14 PM
i'll let you know if it wears away quickly, it's got a cobolt hardener in it to aid longivity. gold plated frame and swingarm i think will look the dangalies with my blue and gold colour scheme. ordering a moto gp end can this week end, which will also be getting the 24 carat treatment before i put it on the bike! I know it's not to everyones taste, but hey I like it and so too will others.

Squashed_Fly
02-02-11, 10:15 PM
These guys will love it....

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/village_people_1.jpg

newnut
02-02-11, 11:42 PM
These guys will love it....

http://www.teamteabag.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/village_people_1.jpg

I bet there's plenty more pics like that on your computer, keep them to your self tho bud! ;D ;D ;D

CharleyX
03-02-11, 12:06 AM
Anything gold is good in my books, good for you :)

Nooj
03-02-11, 12:16 AM
Got to admit, I am tempted...

Jon_W
03-02-11, 07:57 AM
lube?? good luck if you just lube chains in that condition, replacing more like! its a constant battle keeping the bike clean i use it daily thru the winter as a commuter. >:(

Clean??? I worry more about lubing the chain.... ;D

Very Bling..... won't rust, that's for sure!!!

redken1
03-02-11, 08:07 AM
i'll let you know if it wears away quickly, it's got a cobolt hardener in it to aid longivity. gold plated frame and swingarm i think will look the dangalies with my blue and gold colour scheme. ordering a moto gp end can this week end, which will also be getting the 24 carat treatment before i put it on the bike! I know it's not to everyones taste, but hey I like it and so too will others.

Diversity is what makes this a brill biking Forum. It would be a boring world if we all liked the same thing. I've got blue dust caps on my bike. ;D
Fair play Newnut [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Scotty
03-02-11, 06:18 PM
You can only put so much lipstick on a pig, remember.... ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

newnut
03-02-11, 09:26 PM
You can only put so much lipstick on a pig, remember.... ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

lol, very good! ;D

JAYJAY
05-02-11, 11:54 PM
Just a few small points on newnuts post

1. It aint cheap - but then it really is 24ct gold!
2. If item is chromed - I will have to strip chrome first.
3. The end finish depends on the start condition - no rusty nails please.
4. Can also do key rings, badges belt buckles etc starting at around afiver for small items.
5. We are running a few test pieces to see how the cobalt hardening stands up to wear - hence the kick plates. We'll keep you posted.

My Daytona is slowly getting the gold treatment - I know it's not for everyone but I love it. Chrome is so yesterday don't you think?
:-)

Nooj
06-02-11, 02:25 AM
I guess if you can do heel plates then coating Aluminium isn't a problem?

JAYJAY
06-02-11, 12:13 PM
Can do - yes - but a longer process.

I need to zincate first to stop oxidisation, then plate with nickel, then gold.

The blade ones are steel - so just polishing, activating the steel and straight to gold plate

Nooj
09-02-11, 09:34 PM
Hmmm, will chat more about this when you bring your bike in for it's valet, got some ideas forming ;)

JAYJAY
11-02-11, 08:39 PM
Sweet
Gonna try doing my ali kick plates this weekend - so we'll see how they turn out.

Looking forward to the 19th and nice shiny bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]