PDA

View Full Version : Out on the bike today

Kevinb
06-02-11, 02:20 PM
Managed to get out on the bike today. Great to see a few other bikers out.

smellygerm
06-02-11, 04:11 PM
Turned out nice in the end ,was it windy?

Si
06-02-11, 04:23 PM
Just nipped into town on the Triple. Not bad really thought it was colder and windier than it actually was! :)

Squashed_Fly
06-02-11, 05:12 PM
Having just spent an hour and a half cleaning mine, I'm never riding it again! lol

CharleyX
06-02-11, 05:25 PM
Having just spent an hour and a half cleaning mine, I'm never riding it again! lol

SF you need to get Nooj to clean/protect your bike then you don't have to clean it ...... much! ;D

Iceman
06-02-11, 07:29 PM
Too blustery for the 3rd day now to enjoy a ride! :(

BB
06-02-11, 07:30 PM
I fancied getting out today but ended up putting two coats of varnish on a bedroom floor and then went berserk and hoovered downstairs - I need to recover now :o

BB

Jon_W
07-02-11, 08:00 AM
I fancied getting the Cub out.... but I managed to drop the oil can pipe into the geabox..... Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr >:(

Kevinb
07-02-11, 08:43 AM
Turned out nice in the end ,was it windy?

Yep a bit windy. Didn't go to far from Trowbridge as it looked like it was going to pee down. Ended up in Wicks car park for a bacon and egg bap and a tea.
Still nice to get out

Ducatista
07-02-11, 09:16 AM
I went to the Avon Valley Railway near Bitton.
Great bends on the A431 towards Bristol.

Jacde
07-02-11, 10:47 AM
I went out yesterday!
A 151 mile ride to Loomies and back and today I'm feeling every inch of that 151 miles, I feel like I spent the whole day bench pressing weights!
Weather was dry and calm at 11 in Swindon, dry and calm on the A4 dry and calm ish to just past Newbury on the A339 from Kingsclere it was very gusty and started to drizzle :-/ I didn't like the gusty bits at all!
A31 was mainly drizzle with the odd gust to Winchester and on the A34 up to Whitchurch it was pretty miserable but after that dry and the odd bit of wind all the way back through Newbury back along the A4 and home to Swindon. :)

Nelly
07-02-11, 12:25 PM
I managed to get a few miles in as well yesterday. But got to agree the wind really made its self known at times. especially when passing gaps in hedges or side roads ! :o But glad i did it :)

Jon_W
07-02-11, 01:34 PM
Had a ride round in the afternoon.... wasn't too bad. A few gusts, but nothing on saturday.

Loops
07-02-11, 08:22 PM
My commutes have been.......exciting......recently - I've been exploring the various lines to take, with help from some very strong gusts of wind ;D

Nooj
08-02-11, 12:39 AM
Loads of bikes out in Paris today, but it was quite a bit warmer over there with the bright sunshine and clear blue skies ;)

FZ6 and Z750 seem to be the faves, and BMW's, also saw someone commuting on an MV Agusta. There were a lot of those bizarre three wheeled Piaggio scoots as well.

Squashed_Fly
08-02-11, 07:07 AM
My commutes have been.......exciting......recently - I've been exploring the various lines to take, with help from some very strong gusts of wind ;D

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
08-02-11, 07:59 AM

;D ;D

Reminds me of the superdream.... comstar wheels and cross winds made for some interesting riding. :P

Scotty
08-02-11, 01:11 PM
Reminds me of the superdream....
Well, they weren't much faster than a CG125 were they? ;D ;D ;D

Jon_W
08-02-11, 02:35 PM

Oi!!! >:( :D

Won't have a bad word said about the dream. Would do 80 on the flat.... eventually. :D

Was a great bike.... much better built that some of the newer Hondas and got me from A to B for not a lot of dosh. Comfortable to. Sad it had to go. :(

Was a bugger in crosswinds though, but spoke to a few people with comstar wheeled Hondas and they bemoaned the wheels.

Uber Dave
08-02-11, 07:00 PM
Went on mine to work today and thankfully I did else I would have been late. Three sets of roadworks with lights and a shed load of traffic in Lincoln City Centre made it a nightmare.

Had fun though, was quite warm at Lunch on the way to work and the roads were dry, clear skies too. Not so warm the way back though :( but filtering through the traffic more than made up for the temp.

BladeTriple
08-02-11, 07:05 PM
Lincoln full of road works? You will be telling me it has a gridlocked 2 - 1 lane traffic issue heading up that hill out of town north next!

I don't envy you Dave , I love Lincoln for the night life but much easier to fight around on a push bike !

Uber Dave
08-02-11, 07:14 PM
Lincoln full of road works? You will be telling me it has a gridlocked 2 - 1 lane traffic issue heading up that hill out of town north next!

I don't envy you Dave , I love Lincoln for the night life but much easier to fight around on a push bike !

Ah yes the damn 2-1 road on the A15 (http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Lincoln&aq=&s ll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=18.147177,39.506836&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnea r=Lincoln,+United+Kingdom&ll=53.222123,-0.534655&spn=0.001119,0.002411&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cb ll=53.222242,-0.534716&panoid=czI22cZ_Qj0FGSCIKq0NpA&cbp=12,342. 32,,0,3.04), the favourite bit of my day in the car cutting down the middle lane and waiting for a gap to squeeze into heading out of town on an evening.

bobf279
08-02-11, 08:24 PM
I've been using my bike for work since it warmed up, great that it is getting lighter in the evenings too for the ride home.

Nice bit of filtering this morning on the way into Warminster lots of traffic build up for roadworks, I was the only one to get to work on time :)

FJ_Biker
08-02-11, 08:53 PM
Ice on my gloves and sleeves this morning thanks to fog on the motorway plus carb icing as well. The joys of British weather.

Jon_W
11-02-11, 12:28 PM
Is sunny at the mo..... let's hope it stays this way... can get a quick trip in after work....

Kevinb
11-02-11, 01:48 PM

Won't have a bad word said about the dream. Would do 80 on the flat.... eventually. :D

Was a great bike.... much better built that some of the newer Hondas and got me from A to B for not a lot of dosh. Comfortable to. Sad it had to go. :(

Was a bugger in crosswinds though, but spoke to a few people with comstar wheeled Hondas and they bemoaned the wheels.

I remember the dream (pre superdream) 250 or a 400 and they also did a 400 hondamatic
I prefered to looks to the superdream. Memories

Jon_W
14-02-11, 08:23 AM

I remember the dream (pre superdream) 250 or a 400 and they also did a 400 hondamatic
I prefered to looks to the superdream. Memories

I got offered a 400 dream.... was a pile of bits... regret never getting it!! Would have been a great project, they do look good. Plus it had a SD engine, so no valve dropping risks and a bit more poke!!!!