PDA

View Full Version : Rider Down

DaytonaDog
09-02-11, 10:41 AM
Can't say too much about the details as looking to investigate the offending driver for due care, but attended an RTA last night, on A343 Salisbury Road near Andover where a vehicle decided to do a u-turn because of queing traffic due to an earlier accident, and failed to see the lovely blue Triumph 675 Daytona that was filtering behind him, thus knocking rider off the bike and into another car. Fortunately the rider has only suffered minor injuries, namely a broken wrist and some cracked ribs. The bike is a total write off though. :( :( :( :(

Please please please people take care and go steady out there.

Mitch9128
09-02-11, 10:42 AM
Get him/her in the cells, rubber hose, go on, you know you want to ;)

Nelly
09-02-11, 12:21 PM
Bad news. :(
We seem to hear stories like this every year dont we?
Hope the dude is up and about soon.

Scaredy_Cat
09-02-11, 12:32 PM
Glad to hear the rider's injuries aren't as severe as they could've been.

Si
09-02-11, 05:05 PM
Go on Chris! We cant have a Triumph damaged!! Poor bloke!

Robf
09-02-11, 05:15 PM
hope the riders mends quickly and is back on the bike, always sad to hear things like this

SupeRDel
09-02-11, 06:27 PM
Was filtering quite slowly along the 303 near stonehenge last summer between to lines of nearly stationary cars when I had to pull in when I saw a rapidly approaching bike from behind.

He must have been doing 60 between the cars - absolute nuts

redken1
09-02-11, 06:36 PM
Hope the chap in question makes a speedy recovery

bobf279
09-02-11, 07:26 PM
mend quick

dell_boy
13-02-11, 02:03 PM
Can't say too much about the details as looking to investigate the offending driver for due care, but attended an RTA last night, on A343 Salisbury Road near Andover where a vehicle decided to do a u-turn because of queing traffic due to an earlier accident, and failed to see the lovely blue Triumph 675 Daytona that was filtering behind him, thus knocking rider off the bike and into another car. Fortunately the rider has only suffered minor injuries, namely a broken wrist and some cracked ribs. The bike is a total write off though. :( :( :( :(

Please please please people take care and go steady out there.

ditto that!!

same thing happened to my son last week,...the traffic was queuin in the opposite direction to him,.when a pick up truck decided he didnt wanna wait and done a u turn,..straight into my son on his hornet!!,..poor sod didnt even have a chance to brake.

he went into the wing,..over the bonnet,.and into a verge,..i got that horror fone call from the scene :'(

well,..he broke his shin clean through,..was in hospital for 5 days,..had an operation to metal plate and pin his leg back together,..bike and all his gear was written off

witnesses backed him up,.as have the police,..they are charging the driver,..the police also said that my lad had headlight on,.and full hi viz vest on and commended him for that,..sayin not many bikers go to those lengths

so take care peeps,..REALLY expect the unexpected at all times please!!

redken1
13-02-11, 03:50 PM
Really sorry to hear that Dell Boy. I wish your lad a speedy recovery.

Caz
13-02-11, 03:59 PM
OMG scarey, hope riders make speedy recoveries mentally and physically :o

BB
14-02-11, 08:02 AM
Stuff of nighmares Dell Boy :o

Hope he get ssorted soon.

BB

DaytonaDog
17-02-11, 12:24 PM
Update on rider:

Made a follow up call to the rider who was injured in the accident I attended the other day. He is back home and despite feeling battered and bruised he was in quite good spirits. He has a broken wrist which has been pinned and plated, broken left index finger, fractured shoulder and bruised ribs.

The bike is a confirmed write off.

Despite his injuries he is already talking about getting another bike once he is fit again ;D ;D

Jacde
17-02-11, 12:28 PM
Bad news about the bike :( , but brilliant news about the rider :) :)

Squashed_Fly
17-02-11, 12:37 PM
Good news his spirits are intact. If you fall off the horse etc...

Hope the driver gets what he deserves

virginie_morisot
17-02-11, 12:54 PM
I'm glad the rider is ok, although obviously injured it's only minor.. still so many car drivers don't even think of looking out for bikes.. Looks like it's all in good hands with DDog..

Geordie Stu
17-02-11, 04:39 PM
Can't keep a good man down. Good to hear he's on the mend albeit slowly. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Chappers
17-02-11, 05:51 PM
I hate reading these posts, but they are a good reminder that what we do is bloody dangerous.

Hope all make speedy recoveries.

redken1
17-02-11, 06:12 PM
Always pleased to hear good news like this. Chappers is right, biking is dangerous so take extra care, don't matter how good a rider you are, it only takes one idiot to pull out without noticing you.

BB
17-02-11, 07:44 PM
Always pleased to hear good news like this. Chappers is right, biking is dangerous so take extra care, don't matter how good a rider you are, it only takes one idiot to pull out without noticing you.

Agreed!

BB