PDA

View Full Version : Pick a thing, any thing.

Nooj
13-02-11, 09:41 PM
The financial nightmare that is Christmas is over, the anticipation of warm dry weather is building, bikes are filling our thoughts more and more as spring nears.

If you could have just one riding related thing to start the new season, be it for comfort, handling, bling, performance, safety, practicality; any one mod or addition to your bike or your kit, what would it be?

Squashed_Fly
13-02-11, 09:44 PM
Set of tailored (to me me apear taller and slimmer!) 1 piece leathers!

CharleyX
13-02-11, 09:47 PM
That would have to be foot pegs for me but then I like bling! And that they would be :D

CharleyX
13-02-11, 09:49 PM
Mmmmmmmm new well leathers would be nice I'm with you on that SF (which one to choose?) :-/

Toph
13-02-11, 10:02 PM
I've got new leathers, and boots, just need a dry rideout to show 'em off!! ;D

Beamer
13-02-11, 10:05 PM
I'd just like a little icon on my plastic licence to say Ive passed my test hehe.... its only a little picture... not much to ask hehehe ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

CharleyX
13-02-11, 10:17 PM
Your get it soon Tina :D dreams do come true!

Toph
13-02-11, 10:34 PM
you'll pass Tina..... believe it... you want it too much!! xx
I hope to be not too far behind you! x

redken1
13-02-11, 10:41 PM
Akrapovic slip-on for my Fazer 8-)

Jacde
13-02-11, 10:46 PM
For us all to have a stonking but safe ride everytime :)

ro
13-02-11, 11:30 PM
I think I've got all the kit I need and I'm quite happy with the bike as it is, so it would have to be some superfluous gadget :)
Maybe a bike-to-bike radio intercom for group rides.

whizz
14-02-11, 07:05 AM
ive got all the bike and kit i need so at the moment just to be happy and find someone to share biking with ! :)

Nelly
14-02-11, 07:42 AM
Another couple of Bikes ! ;D

wiltshire builders
14-02-11, 07:53 AM
Newrearsetstailpackstickytyresandcliponrisers. Does that count as one thing?

Scotty
14-02-11, 07:58 AM
Bike and kit-wise I'm happy enough, how about a long hot summer? 8-)

Jon_W
14-02-11, 08:06 AM
My girlfriends scooter to work again...

BladeTriple
14-02-11, 08:37 AM
Lisa : A nice set of aftermarket exhausts to make the triple sound even sweeter

Kaz : ANOTHER bike jacket to go with the 8 others in the wardrobe! (normal women collect shoes Kaz!)

Morticia
14-02-11, 08:57 AM
I'd like a triple. The other two bikes are fine as they are, so a new bike would do nicely ;D

Nico_babe
14-02-11, 11:15 AM
I would like a nice offroader for the lads, and then i wouldnt mind one myself :)

Nokesy
14-02-11, 11:27 AM

I'm definitely with Scotty on this one - a long hot summer would be amazing :) Biking every day [smiley=thumbsup.gif] And being paid to do it most of the time too! :)

R1chie
14-02-11, 11:56 AM

A long hot summer is guaranteed for me until August, however I'll be without a bike.

So August best be dry so I can catch up with some biking.

jonnydangerous
14-02-11, 01:31 PM
an "anti police" spray coating, that makes you invisible to plod......

BB
14-02-11, 01:33 PM
Off topic but congrats Jaydee on 1000 posts! 8-)

BB

newnut
14-02-11, 02:06 PM
im with jaydee! i want that stuff too!

wiltshire builders
14-02-11, 02:13 PM
[quote author=BladeTriple link=1297633312/16#16 date=1297672671]Lisa : A nice set of aftermarket exhausts to make the triple sound even sweeter quote]

3 into 1 arrow can is the way forward. Lifts the whole look of the bike.

DaytonaDog
14-02-11, 03:45 PM
The ability to ride better

All joking aside I'm with Scotty, one hot long lovely summer, with lovely smooth roads and sweeping bends.

Uber Dave
14-02-11, 04:26 PM
In November last year I tried on a £1400 1pc BKS Kangaroo race suit while my bike was been serviced. OMG that thing fitted and felt amazing. I would have that if it was not the very best part of all my months wages!

Sean.C
14-02-11, 04:52 PM
Some carbon fibre wheels would be nice or a new trackbike ::)

Scotty
14-02-11, 05:48 PM
In November last year I tried on a £1400 1pc BKS Kangaroo race suit while my bike was been serviced. OMG that thing fitted and felt amazing. I would have that if it was not the very best part of all my months wages!
Dave, go and see them at the NEC show, they'll often sell off the "display" suits that they've had around for the year at reduced prices- they're all a "standard" size for a regular height 12 stone guy - I tried one on at the NEC this time around (not that I need another 1-piece suit) but fortunately for my wallet it was a bit too tight on the legs so an impulse purchase of around £900 was avoided ::)

Chappers
14-02-11, 05:58 PM

+1

R1chie
14-02-11, 06:12 PM

It is probably a good a time as ever to have another look around for these as BKS were part of the Thomas Sports Group that went into administration (Motrax, Frank Thomas)

Honda_Star
14-02-11, 06:15 PM
I dont think BKS per se have gone out of business.....the made to measure stuff is still made down in Exmouth...although you might pick up some slightly lesser quality off the peg stuff, rather than the made to measure fancy stuff! (which is probably what you tried on perhaps?)

http://www.bksleather.co.uk/

Give Brian a call at BKS - he might have some good deals :)

R1chie
14-02-11, 06:21 PM
Hopefully Mr Sansom will continue to crack on with the leather gig.

I've always been impressed with the quality of the stuff he knocks out.

Mark_Able
14-02-11, 08:26 PM
I'd quite like a turbo on the FZ1... ::)

Loops
14-02-11, 08:43 PM
A really good set of waterproof leathers that look good for riding in when I've not got to get to work!

My current kit makes me look like a Michelin man because I need room for all my work clothes underneath, plus it's not very waterproof so I have to put a rainsuit on over the top - hello 27 extra lbs, goodbye figure :o

BB
14-02-11, 08:57 PM
I'd quite like a turbo on the FZ1... ::)

:o :D ;D

BB

nobby
14-02-11, 09:01 PM
tank sprayed up!!! still not done :(

BladeTriple
15-02-11, 08:06 AM
A really good set of waterproof leathers that look good for riding in when I've not got to get to work!

My current kit makes me look like a Michelin man because I need room for all my work clothes underneath, plus it's not very waterproof so I have to put a rainsuit on over the top - hello 27 extra lbs, goodbye figure :o

Loops , I've had loads of waterproof kit and by and large the best gear I've used has been my issue goretex jacket and bottoms.... They may not look great but you can pick them up at any surplus store . If its stylish looking waterproof go anywhere gear Hein Gericke do a lot of nice womens bike jackets and bottoms , a lot of them have a goretex type membrane in them too

WB , I've seen the 3-1 can conversion for the SP3 and tbh it doesn't float my boat, I like the high seated exhausts if I'm honest , plus with me not taking pillions I don't have to worry about them burning their legs or bum too close to that can ;)

YMFB
15-02-11, 08:30 AM
I have a two piece leather suit made to measure by BKS, I found Brian and the staff extremely helpful and Im made up with the suit, which may need altering as Ive lost weight. It was a lot of money, but if your my shape and size its made to measure is the way to go.

I have a two piece Rukka suit for cold wet conditions, which I wear if there is any hint of rain.

Im lucky I am able to afford these luxuries but I spent 30 years wearing a wide variety of cheap n nasty stuff that left me wet and cold.

In my experience you get what you pay for.

Nooj
15-02-11, 04:17 PM
I've had a think about what I'd have and it's going to be... a wad of notes. £2000 should cover it, that would get all the mods done I want to do, then tax, insure and MoT it and have enough left over for a year's petrol.

Hunar
15-02-11, 05:40 PM
a job, preferably involving riding a bike in nice weather.

Vee4 Gaz
15-02-11, 08:04 PM
A free petrol card would do nicely.

Nooj
15-02-11, 08:53 PM
a job, preferably involving riding a bike in nice weather.

See Able Training's post about a weekend CBT instructor!

Loops
16-02-11, 05:13 PM
Loops , I've had loads of waterproof kit and by and large the best gear I've used has been my issue goretex jacket and bottoms.... They may not look great but you can pick them up at any surplus store . If its stylish looking waterproof go anywhere gear Hein Gericke do a lot of nice womens bike jackets and bottoms , a lot of them have a goretex type membrane in them too

As long as I'm kept warm and dry that's the main thing, but something stylish would be nice.....plus something with armour and protection for the pointy bits!

Might take a look at Hein Gericke, and go try some of them on, or Rukka as YMFB mentioned :) I'm not very up on my brands, I just want to be dry ;D

Bornagain
16-02-11, 05:39 PM
My wife to pass her test ;) ;) ;)....(took her to fowlers yesterday...Good move [smiley=thumbsup.gif] [smiley=thumbsup.gif])

Roxy
16-02-11, 05:42 PM
To spend an entire year following the moto gp calendar around the world with my Dad.

Roxy :)

Honda_Star
16-02-11, 08:32 PM
That the biking charity I have helped set up succeeds... (more to follow on this!) :) :) :)

Bornagain
19-02-11, 08:23 AM
That the biking charity I have helped set up succeeds... (more to follow on this!) :) :) :)

What biking Charity?

Nooj
19-02-11, 10:12 PM
I know ;)