PDA

View Full Version : Gunterpot

Squashed_Fly
19-02-11, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for your time this morning! Was great to finally understand torque curves, power bands and BHP!!! At least I think I'm starting to understand it all ;D

Si
19-02-11, 06:20 PM
So Uncle Roger fixed it? What was the issue with the chain?

Squashed_Fly
19-02-11, 07:05 PM
There wasn't really in the end, I'd managed to sort it myself but he checked it all for me. Re-aligned wheel which was a tiny bit out as I'd used the swingarm marks but he did give me lots of great advice about lots of stuff :)

Nooj
20-02-11, 10:02 PM
Quite often the swingarm marks are stamped into the metal before the parts of the swingarm are welded together, especially on older bikes, so they are at best a very vague guide to start your alignment adjustment from.

I've no idea why bike makers think this is an acceptable way to do things.

Scotty
20-02-11, 10:56 PM
Just wanted to say thanks for your time this morning! Was great to finally understand torque curves, power bands and BHP!!! At least I think I'm starting to understand it all ;D
... so you'll be able to play spec sheet Top Trumps in the pub with confidence now? :-? :-? :-?
;D ;D ;D

Squashed_Fly
21-02-11, 09:03 AM
Erm..... maybe? I've still much to learn, but luckily, I love learning. I just have to try to remember sometimes that I don't already know it all and listen to the advice of respected peers (ie I WONT be dropping a tooth on the front!) lol

Jon_W
21-02-11, 10:25 AM
Quite often the swingarm marks are stamped into the metal before the parts of the swingarm are welded together, especially on older bikes, so they are at best a very vague guide to start your alignment adjustment from.

I've no idea why bike makers think this is an acceptable way to do things.

Is near enough for most applications. plus they have to mass produce these things!