PDA

View Full Version : A little on the highside?

wiltshire builders
17-02-11, 07:07 PM
Had a part worn Pure Power fitted today and thought i'd see how it measured up against the metzler racetec i had before, by giving it a handfull at full lean. Half a second later I realised that doing this on a cold day, on a greasey road with 160bhp was not a good idea, as the back wheel shot 1 foot to the left and I shot 3 feet into the air and landed on the tank. :o

So just a reminder to all the other fair weather bikers out there, it may be sunny but it aint scratchin' season yet. ;D

virginie_morisot
17-02-11, 07:15 PM
oh no.. :P
my bike only has limited power so should be ok.. ;D

Toph
17-02-11, 07:36 PM
I was riding over to the H&C last night and nearly lost the front on a roundabout in Melksham, trying to keep up with Greenman!! ;D the roads look dry, but they are still very greasy. :o
Ride safe peeps!! :)

Jacde
17-02-11, 07:39 PM
:o ouch!

I have turkey strips (as opposed to Chicken - Turkey is much bigger ;D ) and I'm happy to keep em and bimble along at my own pace.

Mitch9128
17-02-11, 07:45 PM
Lol, i ran my d207's flat like car tyres, couldn't have got any more mileage out of them and got them swapped out for Diablo strada's t'other day. After months of Volvo like straight line stability, i shat myself on the first corner, it fell in rapid quick time instead of me muscling it in, i left a pucker mark on the seat :o

Jon_W
18-02-11, 07:42 AM
oh no.. :P
my bike only has limited power so should be ok.. ;D

Ditto.... :P

Had a slight spin up leaving the H&C on wednesday.... but wasn't too bad....

Nelly
18-02-11, 07:45 AM
I think we've all had those moments when your backside starts eating your saddle!
Take care folks :o

Si
18-02-11, 10:40 AM
I think we've all had those moments when your backside starts eating your saddle!
Take care folks :o

;D ;D

Uber Dave
18-02-11, 03:05 PM

I have turkey strips (as opposed to Chicken - Turkey is much bigger ;D ) and I'm happy to keep em and bimble along at my own pace.

lol, turkey strips, I am going to remember that one ;-)

Jon_W
21-02-11, 03:24 PM

lol, turkey strips, I am going to remember that one ;-)

Ditto.... very good!!!!! ;D ;D ;D

Had fun on saturday.... nice greasy roads and new tyres.... made for some very careful riding....