PDA

View Full Version : Do I, Don't I...... dilemma....

Jon_W
18-02-11, 07:49 AM
Am in a rare state of indecision....

I've been offered a Velocette LE for not a huge amount of cash. Is a pile of bits, but complete and partially restored....

http://www.classicbikes.biz/assets/posters/velocette-le-mk1-1948.jpg

Now the klepomaniac inside says get it and the sensable bit says concentrate on the cub.....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.....

Squashed_Fly
18-02-11, 07:51 AM
It's always better to regret the things you did do, than the things you didn't!

garvey2003
18-02-11, 09:17 AM
how cool is that, Not if it was a BSA M20 I would without a blink of an eye.
Go one, keep your hands busy :)

Jacde
18-02-11, 09:33 AM
How easy is it to get spares? Just asking as there's nothing worse than finding out the 1000 piece jigsaw actually has a bit missing!
Its a nice looking bike tho, looks like something my Dad would have ridden in the 50's and 60's!

Si
18-02-11, 10:38 AM
Do it Jon! :D

Nelly
18-02-11, 02:37 PM
Do it Jon you know you want to [smiley=evil.gif]

jonnydangerous
18-02-11, 03:03 PM
nooooooooo.... "they dont build them like that anymore"......for a reason.. ;-) (actually it is pretty cool, just trying to even up the yes/no debate by saying nooooooooooo)....

Uber Dave
18-02-11, 03:04 PM
nooooooooo.... "they dont build them like that anymore"......for a reason.. ;-)

lol!

Jon, get it, can always get rid if you dont want it later and it will keep you out of trouble while you build it!

Bonnielass
18-02-11, 06:51 PM
If in doubt, do it!! :)

tracey_c
18-02-11, 07:02 PM
go for it. much better restored than left in peices :)

Last Train
19-02-11, 02:36 PM
DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!

8-)

bobf279
19-02-11, 03:29 PM
go for it

6T
19-02-11, 03:49 PM
Am in a rare state of indecision....

I've been offered a Velocette LE for not a huge amount of cash. Is a pile of bits, but complete and partially restored....

http://www.classicbikes.biz/assets/posters/velocette-le-mk1-1948.jpg

Now the klepomaniac inside says get it and the sensable bit says concentrate on the cub.....

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH.....
if its a bargain go for it ! you can allways push it to the back of the shed untill your ready ;D

Loops
19-02-11, 06:10 PM
Go for it - that is one cool looking bike!

Only wish I had the know-how to handle a project like that myself

BB
19-02-11, 08:29 PM
You are thinking of gettinga noddy bike? Mad, totally mad... :o

Actually I know nothing about them, just not to my taste - I prefer nakeds! 8-)

BB

SupeRDel
20-02-11, 09:57 AM
Grab it. I would have it on the road. Classic riding is the most fun of the lot.

Jon_W
21-02-11, 08:10 AM
You are thinking of gettinga noddy bike? Mad, totally mad... :o

Actually I know nothing about them, just not to my taste - I prefer nakeds! 8-)

BB

Indeed. A noddy bike.... 50mph tops!!!!

The spec is inpressive for a machine concieves before the war and finally released in 1949. 150cc Water cooled flat twin (side valve), Shaft drive three speed. The shaft drive formed one arm of the swing arm suspension and the brakes were full sized drums. Fuelling was through a special car style multi jet carb to improve economy and ignition was coil and alternator to improve reliability. The starting was via a hand lever, and the gears were hand change. The engine forms part of the frame, as does the body shell....

They are ment to be very qiuet bikes but S L O W.... I fancy it as a project. I've never taken a box of bits before.... would be a challenge.

Jon_W
21-02-11, 03:58 PM
PS.

You lot are a BAD influence.... ;D ;D ;D

you encourage me to buy more bikes!!!!!

Si
21-02-11, 04:59 PM
Be carefull mate cos if we are a bad influence your mum wont let you play out with us anymore! ;D

I built a 1966 splitscreen camper from lots of boxes of bits and its a great feeling once you have tightened the last nut and driven down the road! Go on do it ;D

Roxy
21-02-11, 05:22 PM
I built a 1966 splitscreen camper from lots of boxes of bits and its a great feeling once you have tightened the last nut and driven down the road! Go on do it ;D

Isn't that on the condition that it's bone dry, sunny, not a cloud in the sky, no moisture in the air or on the road, no mud or puddles laying about and it's about 20 degrees????? ::) ;D ;D ;D

Roxy

Si
21-02-11, 05:31 PM

Isn't that on the condition that it's bone dry, sunny, not a cloud in the sky, no moisture in the air or on the road, no mud or puddles laying about and it's about 20 degrees????? ::) ;D ;D ;D

Roxy

20 degrees?? Are you mad? Thats far too cold!!! ;D

Gerry
21-02-11, 05:32 PM
[/quote]
Roxy
[/quote]

That reminds me Roxy - is the bike out yet :P
G x

Si
21-02-11, 05:33 PM
Roxy
[/quote]

That reminds me Roxy - is the bike out yet :P
G x[/quote]

;D

Roxy
21-02-11, 05:33 PM

Roxy

Man up dude!!!!!!! ::) you sound like me when I am contemplating taking the r6 out!! ;D ;D

Si
21-02-11, 05:35 PM

Roxy

Man up dude!!!!!!! ::) you sound like me when I am contemplating taking the r6 out!! ;D ;D

LMAO I think Gerry beat you to it chick! May be true but your R6 doesnt rot when you splash it with water! ;D

Roxy
21-02-11, 05:41 PM

Roxy

LMAO I think Gerry beat you to it chick! May be true but your R6 doesnt rot when you splash it with water! ;D

Poof! ;D (sorry for hijacking the thread guys :-/)

Jon_W
22-02-11, 07:43 AM
Be carefull mate cos if we are a bad influence your mum wont let you play out with us anymore! ;D

;D ;D ;D

I'm already at risk of having my toys confiscated!!!!!

Loops
22-02-11, 07:22 PM
So, so, are you getting it? ;)

Nelly
22-02-11, 07:28 PM
aint you got it yet Jon? :-?

whizz
22-02-11, 07:43 PM
go on buy it you know it makes sense ! :)

Jon_W
23-02-11, 08:08 AM
Hopefully YES!!

I've got to sort my car out first, that is becoming very urgent. The budget has been modified though to allow for another bike!!!

:D

Nelly
23-02-11, 08:16 AM
Hopefully YES!!

I've got to sort my car out first, that is becoming very urgent. The budget has been modified though to allow for another bike!!!

:D

LOL Nice one Jon ;D