PDA

View Full Version : Why do we have to work on sunny days?

redken1
24-02-11, 10:15 PM
I was working in Trowbridge today on what turned out to be the hottest day of this year so far.

So tedious and toilsome was the task in hand, I found my mind wandering to another place, a place where the sun glistened from the silky smooth tarmac that lay before me. A place where the bends in the road turned and twisted randomly, as if to challenge my every move. I could only hear the sweet music like crackle of my bike’s exhaust note as I fought to contain her raw power. Exiting the corners and unleashing her very soul till she screams no more in a crescendo of noise.

Oh why do we have to work on sunny days?

My body was building an office block in Trowbridge today, but my spirit was ‘building castles in the air’ in another place.

I hope this Sunday is a nice day like today.

Jacde
24-02-11, 10:21 PM
Blimey Ken, it wasn't that warm and sunny in Swindon/Chippenham today. I had to put the heated grips on!
However, thank goodness for shift working as I got out on Bert the bike today and loved every mile I covered.

redken1
24-02-11, 10:25 PM
Blimey Ken, it wasn't that warm and sunny in Swindon/Chippenham today. I had to put the heated grips on!
However, thank goodness for shift working as I got out on Bert the bike today and loved every mile I covered.

As I mentioned it was quite hard work today so due to sweating (don't happen often) may have thought it was hotter than it really was. It was the hottest day though Jackie.

Loops
24-02-11, 10:59 PM
because the world is a cruel cruel place.......

On the plus side, I can promise you it will be pouring with rain tomorrow - I have a new lawnmower I'm itching to use, a hay-meadow for a lawn, and a day off to do something about it - therefore, it will rain! ;D

Chappers
25-02-11, 06:30 AM
I ditched the computer screens for a few hours yesterday and had a lovely blast around Cirencester. Us fair weather bikers have to make the most of any opportunities at this time of year - snow forecast over the weekend according to metcheck???

I didn't notice nearly as many pot holes as there were this time last year - and notice there isn't a long thread discussing them this year so I assume it's a similar story for most roads.

Squashed_Fly
25-02-11, 09:02 AM
I hit a pot hole last night going round a bend. Damn near threw me off as I was leant over and didn't see it in the dark :(

Go careful out there!

Jon_W
25-02-11, 10:26 AM
Managed to get the Triumph out for half a hour last night. Was lovely.

Scotty
25-02-11, 05:14 PM
I hit a pot hole last night going round a bend. Damn near threw me off as I was leant over and didn't see it in the dark :(

Go careful out there!
Report the pot hole to the council and they're then even more obliged to sort it out, if they fail to do so they can be sued by anyone subsequently hitting it and damaging their bike or hurting themselves.