PDA

View Full Version : George Whites

slowr1der
26-02-11, 02:05 PM
I popped out on the bike this morning over to GW for a coffee and to have a look at the new ZX10r, couldnt believe that they didnt even have one there on display !!!! >:(

Still have to say the Aprilla RSV4 looks awesome in the flesh :)

There were a fair few other bikers out despite the weather, were any other WB crew down there between 1045 and 1145??

Squashed_Fly
26-02-11, 02:20 PM
I was there at 9 getting my new leathers!

slowr1der
26-02-11, 02:35 PM
I was there at 9 getting my new leathers!

Race suit?

what did you go for

Scotty
26-02-11, 04:35 PM
In defence of GW (I can't actually believe I'm writing this!) they had one in there a fortnight ago when I last went in, with a "sold, do not sit..." sign on the seat, plus the demonstrator (that they have for the full season) - maybe someone was out on that one. I have my name down for a ride sometime, just need to choose an appropriate day when it's not pissing down or I'm not at work.... ::)

Squashed_Fly
26-02-11, 05:37 PM
Got a blue bks race suit. Thought if I'm going to do some track days, i should invest in a good quality suit... I think bks are quite good. Toseland wears them, although much higher priced than mine!

slowr1der
26-02-11, 06:06 PM
In defence of GW (I can't actually believe I'm writing this!) they had one in there a fortnight ago when I last went in, with a "sold, do not sit..." sign on the seat, plus the demonstrator (that they have for the full season) - maybe someone was out on that one. I have my name down for a ride sometime, just need to choose an appropriate day when it's not pissing down or I'm not at work.... ::)

Thought you may want to try the traction control in the wet mate :)

I read somewhere the other day that BKS have folded but i have to agree they do look good quality suits.

Chappers
26-02-11, 08:56 PM
Yeah, the holding company went into administration but the BKS business was quickly sold on - business as usual ASAIK.

Hazel-nut
26-02-11, 10:38 PM
We were at George whites today but not until after 1! We also had a trip down the road to the triumph dealer for dabz :P

Taylor86
27-02-11, 10:23 AM
I was there around 10am for about 20 mins. Once I found my black leather bike jacket for £30 in the auto jumble I didn't need to hang around :D

Looks like there wasn't an hour in the day yesterday where they were free from us WBers!! lol ;D

njl
27-02-11, 12:30 PM
£30 quid sounds like you got a good deal, i'm thinking of getting as zip replaced on a textile jacket bet it'll be more than that!

gazzaboy
27-02-11, 02:57 PM
Was at GW around 11:30 (kids and wife in tow) then picked my bike up from Triumph :) :) :)

Taylor86
27-02-11, 04:08 PM
£30 quid sounds like you got a good deal, i'm thinking of getting as zip replaced on a textile jacket bet it'll be more than that!

It was a lucky find. Only had the jacket in one size (luckily mine!!) ;D

Always worth a look in that place before spending over £100 on a jacket though (that was my second choice...)

Geordie Stu
28-02-11, 07:49 PM
I went up to GW on Saturday 26th to buy some gear for Girly. We got got there around 4:30 I admit a little late to start shopping. I use this term very losely "Sales Assistant" wandered over "Are you alright mate" Yes "What you here for" Puzzled look from me as GF in in changing room trying on bike gear. Oh waiting for GF as she is trying on New bike gear. "Ah was the reply we closing now...." What now? Yes now? Ok you just lost a sale... New Lid, Boots, Leathers & Gloves Goodbye.... Never again

Squashed_Fly
28-02-11, 08:57 PM
Huh? That's bad! The annoying thing ios, there is no where else you can go to get good stuff at those prices. I bargained my suit down to £270 from £299, which was already down from £600 to start with. If I went to Fowlers, I'd be paying £600 off the peg. What do you do?

Geordie Stu
01-03-11, 08:31 PM
I'd rather go somewhere else & pay a little more & have good service & appreciated