PDA

View Full Version : north west 200

TT_Crazy
05-03-11, 09:25 AM
Anybody been to the north west? Whats it like?
Im really into road racing,im going to the TT this year.

Scotty
05-03-11, 10:24 AM
I went to the NW200 four years ago, it's a great event, shame though that the racing's all compressed into just one day, unlike the TT or the Manx. If you wanted to extend it you could go for practice and qualifying days too.

We had a blinding ride up to Holyhead from Bridstol via Chepstow, Hereford, Shrewsbury and along the best bits of the A5. We stayed at a hotel in Carrickfungus near Belfast and they were cool, didn't mind four of us turning up like drowned rats dripping water all over their floor after getting drenched on the ride up from Dublin. Race day weather is invariably great for some reason and it was that year, and we topped it off with a fantastic ride round the NE coast back to the hotel. The forecast predicted rain from mid-Snowdonia onwards on the way home, and it was spot-on... I've never been so wet on a bike, ever... the oversuit was overwhelmed, my boots took days to dry out in the airing cupboard and it took me four days to get the bike clean again afterwards.

Top trip though 8-)

BB
05-03-11, 04:33 PM
NW200 is magic, great atmosphere 8-) We have been for the last few years, had all sorts of weather. Last year after a few heavy showers went through during the day the feature race was cancelled due to rain and predictably the sun came out and ther rest of the evening was lovely! :P

BB