PDA

View Full Version : Swingarm paint

Squashed_Fly
07-03-11, 04:53 PM
Some of the paintwork on my swingarm has chipped/pitted etc over the years. Still in good nick overall, but I want to get it touched up.

Would I better looking at getting it repainted, or would powder coating be a better/cheaper option? Would I have to get it blasted first to remove all the old paint? It's not in too bad nick, but before next winter, I'd like to try and make it look new again. It's in good condition generally, just a few bits that annoy me as I can't clean them off! lol

Mitch9128
07-03-11, 06:18 PM
Have a look on Ebay, if you can pick up a second swingarm cheap enough, get that one powdercoated and swap it out toot sweet, flog on your old one, keeping the wheels on the road , not off it for days, for little or no extra cost, bar painting.

njl
07-03-11, 06:21 PM
If you get it powdercoated they will have facilities to dip or blast it too. Some will want the bearings removed beforehand, I got away with degreasing them and capping them of with bolts & washers. If you get a s/h swingarm might prove best in the long run to fit new bearings anyway...

Scotty
07-03-11, 06:22 PM
Kawasaki sell paint to touch up their frames (or at least they used to) - if that's no longer the case, try RS Bikepaints on 01707 273219 8-)