PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Renewal Toss'rs!!!

Si
01-03-11, 12:04 PM
They never cease to amaze me! >:( I insured my bikes with Carole Nash last year and they gave me a great deal. I had my renewal through today and considering Ive had no claims or convictions since last year it went up by £160!!!!!!!!!! Thats nearly double!! I obviously looked online and Bennets quoted me for exactly the same level of cover as I was getting from CN for last years price. The excess is also cheaper by £50! I have just called CN and told them and he put me on hold (like they do) before coming back to me and saying they could match it!!! W#nkers! He then said "so shall I renew it for you sir?" I wont tell you my reply!!!

Anyway, rant over, as you were ;D

Nelly
01-03-11, 12:07 PM
HAd the same thing with the car this year fella. I was told mine was going up due to the amount of claims that had been made this year. "NOT BY ME MATEY" i retorted.
Apparently their all trying to recoup the cash lost by fraudulent and conpensation claims!
Meanwhile, i'm a year older, cars a year older and i pay more. Cheers then! >:(

wiltshire builders
01-03-11, 12:09 PM
My insurance went down this year (as it bloody should) then I noticed the excess had tripled. It almost puts you off crashing. ;D

Si
01-03-11, 12:10 PM
HAd the same thing with the car this year fella. I was told mine was going up due to the amount of claims that had been made this year. "NOT BY ME MATEY" i retorted.
Apparently their all trying to recoup the cash lost by fraudulent and conpensation claims!
Meanwhile, i'm a year older, cars a year older and i pay more. Cheers then! >:(

Its unreal Nelly daylight Robbery!

Si
01-03-11, 12:11 PM
My insurance went down this year (as it bloody should) then I noticed the excess had tripled. It almost puts you off crashing. ;D

;D

redken1
01-03-11, 12:25 PM
They (insurance companies) chance their hand knowing that a significant number of road users won't shop around and will accept the first quote offered. Greed just simple greed in my view. How can they knock off £160 in the same day? >:(

Hazel-nut
01-03-11, 12:27 PM
apart from when i had my little accident and had to change my car my insurance has gone down every year :P

Si
01-03-11, 12:31 PM
They (insurance companies) chance their hand knowing that a significant number of road users won't shop around and will accept the first quote offered. Greed just simple greed in my view. How can they knock off £160 in the same day? >:(

It is greed Ken and thats why i didnt renew, its just the principle! >:(

Si
01-03-11, 12:33 PM
apart from when i had my little accident and had to change my car my insurance has gone down every year :P

And you're only a young un! ;D

This is what they are talking about in the news today. Females premiums are a lot cheaper most of the time! :)

Nelly
01-03-11, 12:38 PM
Just been reading the BBC news and the european courts (oh dear) have decided that it is sexist to do this, so women will now have to pay more and be on par with the guys premiums. This will especially hit ladies under 25 years old.

Right. That's upset a few of you then....
Back to work :D

Snowy
01-03-11, 12:54 PM
Just been reading the BBC news and the european courts (oh dear) have decided that it is sexist to do this, so women will now have to pay more and be on par with the guys premiums. This will especially hit ladies under 25 years old.

You don't think they will reduce male premiums and meet at the average mid point do you? No, neither do I. :(

Snowy
01-03-11, 12:57 PM
My daughters very first premium for a Peugot 107 or whatever it is, was £480 fully comp for an 18 year old and no NCB. I doubt a male in exactly the same circumstances could get it for that price.

Hazel-nut
01-03-11, 01:38 PM
My daughters very first premium for a Peugot 107 or whatever it is, was £480 fully comp for an 18 year old and no NCB. I doubt a male in exactly the same circumstances could get it for that price.

mine wasnt that cheap!! :o i hope mine doesnt shoot up now because of this new legislation crap!!! :-/ i cant afford my insurance to go higher :(

Squashed_Fly
01-03-11, 02:01 PM
It's so important to keep using comparison sites. Comanies that advertise as 'We don't use them' like Direct Line, are like playground drug dealers. Sell you the first one cheap, then up the price in the hope you won't go elsewhere!

Si
01-03-11, 03:29 PM

mine wasnt that cheap!! :o i hope mine doesnt shoot up now because of this new legislation crap!!! :-/ i cant afford my insurance to go higher :(

As of December next year (I think thats what they said) it will take effect. You could be looking of an increase of 30% ish on what you pay now. Having said that you will be nearly 2 years older with more NCB so may level itself out

Hazel-nut
01-03-11, 04:02 PM

As of December next year (I think thats what they said) it will take effect. You could be looking of an increase of 30% ish on what you pay now. Having said that you will be nearly 2 years older with more NCB so may level itself out

by then i should have a full time job so money wont be so tight :P still dont think they should put my prices up though! they should have higher premiums for those they deem to be more likely to claim otherwise they wont make any money! i understand they may be seen as sexist but if its proven that males are the ones causing the accidents why shouldnt they pay more?if females were proven to cause more then we would have to pay more! i accept that not all males cause accidents and females cause them too (i may have been at fault for mine :P ) but the insurance companies have to make money some how! i also think they should take all your road experiences into consideration so advanced riding qualifications should be taken into account on car insurance and vice versa!

hope i havnt offended anyone but just wanted to put my point in :P

Uber Dave
01-03-11, 04:27 PM

by then i should have a full time job so money wont be so tight :P still dont think they should put my prices up though! they should have higher premiums for those they deem to be more likely to claim otherwise they wont make any money! i understand they may be seen as sexist but if its proven that males are the ones causing the accidents why shouldnt they pay more?if females were proven to cause more then we would have to pay more! i accept that not all males cause accidents and females cause them too (i may have been at fault for mine :P ) but the insurance companies have to make money some how! i also think they should take all your road experiences into consideration so advanced riding qualifications should be taken into account on car insurance and vice versa!

hope i havnt offended anyone but just wanted to put my point in :P

In most couple situations though how often is it that the male will drive?! (Not the same age I know) but whenever my parents go out together in the car my Dad drives. It tends to be the same for younger people too so clearly there are going to be more males crashing cars ;-)

redken1
01-03-11, 04:41 PM

You don't think they will reduce male premiums and meet at the average mid point do you? No, neither do I. :(

Not a chance - the insurance companies will be greeting this EU ruling with glee. Remember what happened when the government was forced to take action on the retirement age. Didn't lower the male retirement age to that of a female.

b_m1957
01-03-11, 04:54 PM
My renewal is due and I used a couple of comparison sites.

It seems the cheapest half a dozen quotes I've got from different companies are all underwritten by KGM. I can only see bad reviews online, anyone got any experience of them? Or recommendations for good/cheap insurers???

Si
01-03-11, 05:24 PM
My renewal is due and I used a couple of comparison sites.

It seems the cheapest half a dozen quotes I've got from different companies are all underwritten by KGM. I can only see bad reviews online, anyone got any experience of them? Or recommendations for good/cheap insurers???

Most policys are it seems. I have been riding/insuring bikes for over 20 years ( :-[) and never had a problem with any policy underwritten by KGM. The comparison sites are good but in my experience make sure you look into what the cheap ones are offering as they will be cheap for a reason! ;) Also re the bad reviews, how often do people leave good ones! We are all the first to slag things off when it goes bad but how often do you get great service and think I know ill write something nice about it? I never have!

ChrisJo
01-03-11, 05:25 PM

It will go up, welcome to the world of equality ::)

Loops
01-03-11, 06:28 PM
Stupid ruling that one - PC worries over common sense there....

Managed to knock 50% of my insurance this year - under £75 8-) Got no power though, suppose I'd better get in quick and get my paws on a bigger bike before I can't afford to insure and run it ;D

b_m1957
01-03-11, 07:44 PM
Most policys are it seems. I have been riding/insuring bikes for over 20 years ( :-[) and never had a problem with any policy underwritten by KGM. The comparison sites are good but in my experience make sure you look into what the cheap ones are offering as they will be cheap for a reason! ;) Also re the bad reviews, how often do people leave good ones! We are all the first to slag things off when it goes bad but how often do you get great service and think I know ill write something nice about it? I never have!
Sounds fair enough advice.
I'll be going fully comp because they want extra money if I only go TPFT!!! lol

Richzx10r
01-03-11, 08:25 PM
Got my cars insured through admiral on a multi car policy.Renewal came through in jan for £685.Noticed they had some details wrong on policy and complained.They reduced the policy to £570.On sending through what they thought were the correct details i noticed new errors.Phoned them back up with a few choice words and they reduced it further to £450.No i wasnt being ripped off in the first place as i had searched beforehand and couldnt even get close to the original quote using search engines.
I would recomend them as they are fair and admit to their mistakes and compensate you for them.

spudgun
08-03-11, 09:05 PM
Just got my renewal through - it's gone up £70! £30 of which is for a "policy issue fee", I've never seen that before!
Off to do an online search for a few more quotes :(

Been online, just managed to save £80!!!!!!!!!!