PDA

View Full Version : Service kits

Squashed_Fly
10-03-11, 11:48 AM
Got my 15,000 mile service looming on the horizon in the month or 2. It's quite a major one according to my servivce manual.

Can you buy kits that have all the parts in ie spark plugs, filters etc or do I need to get them all individually?

Be much easier if I can order 1 box that has everything I need for a set price...

Squashed_Fly
10-03-11, 11:51 AM
I've just answered my own question... :)

http://www.motorcycle-road-and-race.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=821_639&products_id=405923

470four
10-03-11, 11:53 AM
You can do, no prob...

What bike you got?
Sometimes you can get stuff online cheaper seperatly if you know what you are looking for... Bought 4 NGK plugs for my CBR on eBay for £6.12!

DONT buy service parts at the dealers... deliberatly overpriced to get you to get them to service your bike for you.

A bit like buying sandwiches in a service station :)

Mitch9128
10-03-11, 12:14 PM
If you shop around, you'll get it all a LOT cheaper. i.e. get your iridium spark plugs from Ace Parts on Ebay, cheaper than std. Get your oil&filter&brake fluid from Camberley auto spares, etc. Can i reccomend you get a mityvac or similar if you haven't yet got a bleeder, makes bleeding brakes, and changing the fluid a joy :)

Snowy
10-03-11, 01:19 PM
I use syringes bought of ebay for about a fiver for five. Multiple use - fork oil filing, gearboxes, shaft drives and they are brilliant for changing brake fluid - just need a small plastic tube to go over the bleed nipple to the syringe.

Mitch9128
10-03-11, 02:26 PM
Snowy, once you've had a vacuum bleeder, you'll never go back.

Snowy
10-03-11, 04:31 PM
Snowy, once you've had a vacuum bleeder, you'll never go back.

Maybe but I can bleed three brakes and an ABS modulator in about 15 minutes with no mess for a fiver. Must be my Scottish gene pool.... ;D ;D