PDA

View Full Version : IAM test applied for!

Hunar
10-03-11, 12:38 AM
Well after just 4 'lessons' I was told I was ready for my IAM test, I had a check ride with a senior observer today, and scored pass level or above, and told

'Ride like that on your test, and you will pass, apply for your test online tonight.'

One step closer to riding a dedicated blood bike, the first goal I made during my recovery, and will be really nice to get it ticked off the list.

I would highly reccomend anyone taking an advanced course, as a sceptic myself, I have to say I am converted. I genuinley believe that even the most experienced rider will get some benefit from the training, and not just the insurance discount. If you have dismissed the idea of doing it, then reconsider, if you've never considered it, now would be a good time.

I'm giving serious consideration to taking it further and training to be an observer, and also thinking about also taking the RoSPA test as well, I don't think there is a rule that you can't have both.

Once this goal is ticked off, I can concentrate on the next one, world domination!

Vote Hunar! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Scaredy_Cat
10-03-11, 06:47 AM
Excellent news - good luck with the test. And with the world domination. ;D

Nelly
10-03-11, 07:37 AM
well done fella. You'll sail through it :) :)

BladeTriple
10-03-11, 09:31 AM
Well done Stu, good luck with the test :)

Snowy
10-03-11, 09:41 AM
Good luck!

Geordie Stu
10-03-11, 10:09 AM
Howay Man nee worries on passing. Good Luck Chief [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Ducatista
10-03-11, 10:16 AM
Best of luck.

Lots of people see the benefit in doing both and there are many people (like myself) who are members of both groups. The benefits to doing ROSPA as well are:

1) You get a graded pass bronze/silver/gold which has some value. Gold is recognised as the highest award you can get outside the police.
2) You get a retest every 3 years with ROSPA, the cost of which is covered by your annual subscription to ROSPA (£22.50).
3) ROSPA offer a talk every month including some tutorial evenings. Not all will be of interest to you, but some may be of interest e.g. world land speed project.
4) ROSPA in North Wilts is also a joint car group, so there are some benefits to that if you are a driver e.g. the tutorial evenings apply to both bike and car and some of the talks are about car matters.

It's great to see your success and acheivement.

ChrisJo
10-03-11, 04:44 PM
Well done you!

I used to ride for these guys http://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Good luck :)

Bonnielass
10-03-11, 05:33 PM
Well done Hunar, good luck on the test.

I have my first observed ride on Saturday, really looking forward to it!

redken1
10-03-11, 05:45 PM
Go Hunar

Bikermouse
10-03-11, 10:18 PM
Good luck Huuuuunar!

Hunar
10-03-11, 11:46 PM
Well done you!

I used to ride for these guys http://www.freewheelers.org.uk/

Good luck :)

Bloodbikes are the reason I decided to take my advanced test. I saw the freewheelers (might have been the severn freewheelers) at a GW openday, after a chat with the guys on the stand about what they did, I decided that I wanted to ride one of those bikes, seemed like a nice way to put something back into society.