PDA

View Full Version : Got knifed on my bike... :o(

470four
12-03-11, 01:29 PM
This happened back in Feb but is still prrrrrretty nasty...

Thursday: Drop off wheels and tyres at the tyreshop
Friday: Pick up new 17" spangly wheelset from the tyreshop for my Triarm :grin:
Saturday: Fit front & rear wheels, pissy drizzle stopped a quick testride...
Sunday: Still overcast but dry roads, even sunshine sometimes?? Get kitted up... :D

Had a quick 15-mile blast, pulled away from a roundabout to get the dreaded TIIIIIIIISHTIIsshhTiShti****sh of a puncture... squidgy back end confirmed the worst... :o

Sh!te. Luckily stopped next to a Pub so gave the recovery wagon no probs in finding me. :)

Intreged by the quick deflation & had a look at the back tyre:
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/santav10/DSC04799.jpg

Ooooooooo... big nasty gash/cut thing??? WTF?

Took a walk down the road.
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n61/santav10/DSC04800.jpg

THAT would do it... from what I can work out the blade had snapped off/in half and sliced into the back tyre?

No plug is going to fix that one, cue wheel coming off again and another new tyre! Fek. >:(

The good points:
Wasnt a front puncture and/or at speed?
I had breakdown cover, the truck picked me up within an hour.

Still undecided as to whether it was sh!t luck or very lucky? Needless to say could have done without it... ;)

Loops
12-03-11, 01:49 PM
I feel your pain - I had a big nail go into my rear tyre last week :(

Luckily, like you, I wasn't going fast either - in my case I had just arrived at work so parked up and called for assistance. I reckon it's the builders over the road, the nail must have been tracked out onto the main road at some point.

tommyjgraham
12-03-11, 01:52 PM
Know how it feels. New tyre threw nail 2 weeks ago >:(

philcooper13
12-03-11, 05:00 PM
I found a small screw in my tyre a few months ago, luckly I was still at home but still annoying. Must remember to sweep the garage floor.

Glad to hear that the only damage was to your tyre, could have been a lot worse.

CBRowner
12-03-11, 05:30 PM
From the title of this thread, I thought you were actually knifed whilst out riding :-[

I thought you were warning people of the dangers of riding a bike in Trowbridge :D

mcicy
12-03-11, 05:38 PM
Dude I almost fell out opf my chair in shock when i read that title i thought someone had run up and stabbed you or something

BladeTriple
12-03-11, 06:42 PM
Dude I almost fell out opf my chair in shock when i read that title i thought someone had run up and stabbed you or something

Er yeah with you on this one... it sounded like a stabbing to take your bike off you or something, glad you're ok, sorry about the tyre but bloody hell , less of the Sun headlines to grab attention , I was really worried when I saw that

Lis'

R1chie
12-03-11, 07:32 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

Lucky it wasn't a nail in the tyre or else the thread title would take another attention grabbing twist.

Loops
12-03-11, 07:41 PM
Well if were going down those lines, then I did get nailed on my bike last Weds ;D ;D

Scaredy_Cat
12-03-11, 07:41 PM

Er yeah with you on this one... it sounded like a stabbing to take your bike off you or something, glad you're ok, sorry about the tyre but bloody hell , less of the Sun headlines to grab attention , I was really worried when I saw that

Lis'

Ditto! :o I could've done without that fright - I'm Scaredy Cat enough as it is! ;D

From the looks of it you were lucky the only damage was to your tyre! :)

Roxy
12-03-11, 08:12 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

Lucky it wasn't a nail in the tyre or else the thread title would take another attention grabbing twist.

;D ;D ;D

What a bummer :(

470four
12-03-11, 08:23 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

;D ;D ;D

Wrong forum, lol :D

Roxy
12-03-11, 08:27 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

;D ;D ;D

oops! sorry ;D

Roxy

470four
12-03-11, 09:23 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

;D ;D ;D

oops! sorry ;D

Roxy

I KNEW Id seen you somewhere before! :-[ :D

Roxy
12-03-11, 09:32 PM
Got knifed on my bike?

;D ;D ;D

oops! sorry ;D

Roxy

boom boom!!! lol ;D ;D ;D

Roxy

Uber Dave
12-03-11, 10:34 PM
I took a pair of scissors through my rear tyre on the monthly ride out in April last year, wouldnt have been so bad but the tyre was nearly new :-(

Nooj
13-03-11, 01:04 AM
Not your usual run-of-the-mill-puncture! Flint cuts aren't unheard of for rural areas like Wilts, but that's the first time I've seen a Stanley knife in the road. And scissors?? Who leaves this stuff lying around????

For screws and nails; Puncturesafe. £20 a bike, fixes small punctures (up to 6mm) as you ride, no need to stop and wait for hours to be recovered, as strong as a 'professional' plug, rated up to 150mph. Mobile service available etc. Ask me for details.

mcicy
13-03-11, 07:45 AM
Got knifed on my bike?

;D ;D ;D

oops! sorry ;D

Roxy

boom boom!!! lol ;D ;D ;D

Roxy

From tragedy to comedy in under a page

Roxy
13-03-11, 08:49 AM
I took a pair of scissors through my rear tyre on the monthly ride out in April last year, wouldnt have been so bad but the tyre was nearly new :-(

I remember that and I was not far off your rear tyre when you did it ( I never seem to be able to get in front for some reason?? ;)) thank Feck I missed it!

As for the comedy factor...here to make you laugh ;D ;D

Roxy