PDA

View Full Version : Bad riding...

Mark_Able
07-03-11, 09:31 PM
Followed someone on a YZFR125 into work today, doing silly speeds whilst filtering past a massive line of traffic from Westbury to Yarnbrook. It wasn't helped much by the guy behind on a red VFR pushing him along. At one point the 125 over-took another bike who was filtering quite sensibly. 125 rider needs to slow down, and VFR rider needs to realise if he's encouraging a bad rider by sitting up his chuff. I didn't much like my normal 'enjoy the queue, suckers' filtering to work... >:(

silly_simon
07-03-11, 09:35 PM
Was it a blue/white 125 per chance mark ?

As I may have seen said idiot doing stupid speed down Frome road the other day whilst trying to avoid him not hitting me head on in the car :o

Nooj
08-03-11, 12:59 AM
Unfortunately not all tossers are in cars, some are on bikes as well, giving us all a bad name >:(

Jon_W
08-03-11, 08:07 AM
They were out in force yesterday. Had two in the centre of Bath, one on a Triumph and the other on a Ducatti.

Bear in mind this is on London road (A4) in Central Bath and in Rush hour speed limit 30. Filtered through the traffic, got up behind the Triumph. Goes off the lights like a scalded cat, up and over 50mph..... To55er! Next thing I'm passed like I'm standing still by a Duc going even faster!!!

More fresh meat for the medicos to pick over methinks!

The best bit was though, that I caught them up waiting at the next set of traffic lights.... so it got them nowhere!!!

newnut
08-03-11, 12:13 PM
i have to admit, i often ride like the forementioned "tosser" in the summer. lol ;D ;D ;D

Mitch9128
08-03-11, 12:56 PM
Is this the bitch about getting pwned thread? ;) ;)

Nooj
08-03-11, 05:58 PM
I still don't know what pwned means. Bloody young people and their text language! ;D

Mitch9128
08-03-11, 06:05 PM
I still don't know what pwned means. Bloody young people and their text language! ;D

You're in your 60's right? You'd have to be, to call me young :-*

Gerry
08-03-11, 06:07 PM

Reminds me of the good ole days on the Supra Forum.
It used to have a section titled "Owned" where you could pop your latest exploits against the local M5 or Porka.

They then changed it briefly to "Pwned" I'm not sure why, but then they got all PC and changed it to "The spirited driving chronicles" ;D
Same loonies posted in it though ;)

G

wiltshire builders
08-03-11, 06:55 PM
I think it comes from speed typing on forums. People would hit P instead of O and you'd end up with pwned. You see the same thing with "retart" or "retarted". Started off as an error but has now made it as a mainstream insult.

Mark_Able
08-03-11, 08:34 PM
Was it a blue/white 125 per chance mark ?

As I may have seen said idiot doing stupid speed down Frome road the other day whilst trying to avoid him not hitting me head on in the car :o

That'll be the one... >:(

Nooj
08-03-11, 11:40 PM
Ah, understand it now. I'm 39 Mitch, sometimes my humour just doesn't work on forums :P

Mitch9128
09-03-11, 06:16 AM
Ah, understand it now. I'm 39 Mitch, sometimes my humour just doesn't work on forums :P

Yoof of today ::)

Jon_W
09-03-11, 07:54 AM
ARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

They strike again.... Had a Blackbird follow me through the Trow last night.... insisted in riding totally in the blind spot.....

I'd manouver to see him, and he manouver back into the blind spot....

Grrrrrrrr..... :P

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 04:50 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to post peoples names up on a public forum mate. Scotty already mentioned about posting other stuff.

A bit of common sense will go a long way on here!

Just a friendly word of advice :)

wiltshire builders
09-03-11, 06:47 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to post peoples names up on a public forum mate. Scotty already mentioned about posting other stuff.

Yeah, some idiot posted their phone number on here earlier! ;D

Nooj
09-03-11, 07:33 PM
I guess we'll confirm their ID when we read about them in the paper, either the courts section or the obituaries. Hopefully they won't take anyone else out with their stupidity.

tommyjgraham
09-03-11, 08:58 PM
I guess we'll confirm their ID when we read about them in the paper, either the courts section or the obituaries. Hopefully they won't take anyone else out with their stupidity.

Probably not far wrong there

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 09:51 PM

Yeah, some idiot posted their phone number on here earlier! ;D

Ah yes, but it was MY number, that I posted. Not posting naughties about other people and publicly naming them! lol

R1chie
09-03-11, 10:16 PM
**Thread edited to remove persons names....whether they're guilty of riding like tossers or not can we refrain from posting up names. Muchos grassy ass**

BB
09-03-11, 10:57 PM
I was in the van along Bradley Rd Trow yesterday and some bright spark on a 125 was so close behind I could only see the top of his helmet through the rear view! If I'd had to brake suddenly he would have made a mess of the back of the van! :o

BB

Bikermouse
10-03-11, 10:26 PM
I've noticed of late a few L plated riders (bikes and mobile hairdryers, sorry mopeds) who clearly don't know the meaning of a safe following distance and I've gritted my teeth and restrained myself from "having a word" in their shell-like as it's not me who's going to come off worse if they smack into the back of my car or indeed the car in front of me. :(

kj

Squashed_Fly
11-03-11, 11:29 AM
he would have made a mess of the back of the van! :o

BB

And the paperwork is horrendous! ;D ;D

Tobias5571
11-03-11, 09:19 PM
sorry was my fault, i remember that advice for next time. im not a social forum person so i will learn ;) have to admit though i do ride abit wild sometimes but not dangerous :)

Mark_Able
12-03-11, 08:28 PM
sorry was my fault, i remember that advice for next time. im not a social forum person so i will learn ;) have to admit though i do ride abit wild sometimes but not dangerous :)

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun on your bike, that's why most people ride them. It's all about the right time and place mate. Riding like a nob through town is just asking for it. Having a bit of fun down a nice twisting B-road, is what it's all about... ;)

BB
13-03-11, 06:29 PM
he would have made a mess of the back of the van! :o

BB

And the paperwork is horrendous! ;D ;D

Too right! :D

BB

Tobias5571
13-03-11, 07:06 PM
it wasnt me riding like a numpty, it was just that i posted names mark :P and i shouldnt have :)