PDA

View Full Version : Saw this on the BBC...

Nelly
14-03-11, 01:19 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-12730242

Jacde
14-03-11, 01:27 PM
Difficult to comment when theres no information as to how they and the car came to collide. The 5 bikers that have been charged are they the 5 that made up the group of six that the couple were riding in?

Squashed_Fly
14-03-11, 01:56 PM
This isn't the first story .like this I've seen. Basically, if you are in a group where any of the members are riding dangerously, and an accident happens, everyone in the group is given a shared responsibility and charged accordingly.

ie If we are out, and a member decided to do a double overtake on a hill/bend and it caused an accident, whoever was riding in close proximity would be deemed partially responsible.

If you happen to see any of this going on a ride (and I did see some on Sunday), then slow down and drop away from that person or group of riders or else you could also be held responsible and lose your license.

Nelly
14-03-11, 02:22 PM
Difficult to comment when theres no information as to how they and the car came to collide. The 5 bikers that have been charged are they the 5 that made up the group of six that the couple were riding in?

Thats the thing that first struck me. No detail on what had occurred to warrant the charge :-?

garvey2003
14-03-11, 02:39 PM
What a load of old tosh, what happened to proving your guilty.

To be honest, ive been in group ride outs and people have been having fun, Wheelies etc but its down to that person how he or she rides.
If I was pulled up because I was riding in a group and 1 person was larking about then I can't see it sticking

Its thank blame thing again, power mad against bikers. If ride and overtake on blind bends or wheelie at 100 mph or anything else you think to be dodgy then its down to me, no one else.

So sick of this country, if its not ripping you off with dodgy goverments then its trying to pin somethign on you because your a biker.

THat feels better ;D

Jon_W
14-03-11, 03:20 PM

Thats the thing that first struck me. No detail on what had occurred to warrant the charge :-?

There is more to this than in the report.... more detail is required.

wiltshire builders
14-03-11, 03:24 PM

They were all riding dangerously and several people had to take evasive action to avoid colliding with them. Terrible thing to happen, but the rest of the group do have to take responsibility for their dangerous riding that lead to the death of 2 members of the group.

It's the same as if you and your friends were involved in a fight and someone died. Regardless of who threw the fatal blow, you were all involved and could at any point have stopped the sequence of events that led to the death.

The police obviously want to send a clear message that goading each other into riding in a dangerous manner will not be tollerated. Let's not forget it's them that has to deal with the aftermath.

My deepest sympathy goes out to the family and friends of the couple.

Jon_W
14-03-11, 03:59 PM
Found this

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-11151377

A bit more detail. Bears out what W Builders is saying.

tommyjgraham
14-03-11, 09:30 PM
The fact that they crashed and died which is upsetting is nothing to do with the way the other bikers were riding. It wasnt them that they collided with. No metter how the others were riding the couple were obviously trying to do the same when they should have been riding to suit themselves