PDA

View Full Version : i2i Motorcycle academy

Ducatista
15-03-11, 09:32 AM
http://www.i2imca.com/

Went to a talk from these guys last night with Lurkalot, Dex and Freddie.

Tom explained that when we are in a scary situation (like a skid or tank slapper) that our instinctive reactions (like grapping a handful of front brake) are often the wrong thing to do.
In unstable situations usually the gyroscopes on the bike will sort itself out if it didn't have any unhelpful input from the rider.

What they do is two-fold.
Firstly they build confidence and belief to remove the panic, then by using skills and techniques you build muscle memory so that the instinctive reactions are the right ones.
For some of the courses they give you their bikes because worrying about doing skids on your own bike is usually an obstacle to learning.

They are allowed to use airfield facitilites because the authorities in their neck of the woods believe that what they are doing can save lives.

More details in the attached doc.

Dex
16-03-11, 04:57 PM
I've heard a lot of "sales pitches" from all sorts of places offering training. One of my jobs in the RAF was training, so I have a reasonable understanding of training methods.

These guys really got my attention, they weren't giving a "hard sell" at their talk - they established credibility, and gave me great confidence that they really would be able to make a big improvement to my riding.

I'm already considering going to try out some of their training.