PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Bikers (on five)

pilninggas
07-02-11, 08:10 PM
Wiltshire Constabulary police bikers on there right now.

Loops
07-02-11, 08:35 PM
So it's Wiltshire (Emergency) Bikers tonight then ;)

Watching the Hercules being transported - amazing how all this stuff happens locally and you never hear about it!

Roxy
07-02-11, 08:40 PM
I saw the herc and wings being transported up the M5 a few weeks ago..sad to see :(

Roxy

Hazel-nut
07-02-11, 09:04 PM
i just watched this hehe! im impressed they manage to get it through the streets of wootton bassett

Caz
07-02-11, 09:06 PM
Those paramedics are wonderful [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gerry
07-02-11, 09:18 PM
i just watched this hehe! im impressed they manage to get it through the streets of wootton bassett

Would have been more impressed if they had left it's wings on though ;D

Iceman
07-02-11, 09:45 PM
Good series to follow! ;)

Hazel-nut
07-02-11, 10:43 PM

Would have been more impressed if they had left it's wings on though ;D

trust you gerry :P

Carbonkid
07-02-11, 11:50 PM
I'll post on here the next time another of our old C130K Hercs is cut up and ready to transport.
Just incase any of you would like to see the transporting in the flesh... ;)

It's quite heart breaking to watch the dismantelling happening especially as my office overlooks the process... :(

bobf279
08-02-11, 12:16 AM
Although in the army I travelled a fair bit in Hercs, my longest journey being to Dhahran with refuelling stops in Cyprus and Turkey. Not the most comfortable if fully loaded but not too bad if you can find somewhere comfy to get your maggot out and kip ;D

StreetHippo
08-02-11, 07:40 AM
It breaks my heart too. They got stuck on the roundabout by Tesco in Lyneham village ::) 300 point turn later a la Austin Powers and they're off ;D
My one out here is just peachy though 8-)
I think that programme actually paints bikers in a very possitive light, anything that helps can only be a good thing.

Stu

Nelly
08-02-11, 07:43 AM
It breaks my heart too. They got stuck on the roundabout by Tesco in Lyneham village ::) 300 point turn later a la Austin Powers and they're off ;D
My one out here is just peachy though 8-)
I think that programme actually paints bikers in a very possitive light, anything that helps can only be a good thing.

Stu

Agree! [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

mcicy
09-02-11, 09:21 AM
love this series, watch it whenever I'm not working nights, would have loved to have seen the Herc being transported if I had known about it

ro
16-03-11, 10:33 PM
Interesting show tonight (http://www.channel5.com/shows/emergency-bikers/episodes/episode-12-146). 31 minutes in we see Barry Card and Gavin Brewster from Swindon police on off-road BMW F650s. Not that they go off-road much, though they do end up herding sheep!

I met them both on Bikesafe last year, they were really helpful. Gavin did my check ride which was the highlight of the day.