PDA

View Full Version : I said I would......

thepetrolhead91
18-03-11, 06:19 AM
Well about two months ago, I said I would seriously consider flogging my car and buying a motorbike as the New Zealand road network and scenery cannot be experianced on another form of transport. Well, my fellow bikers, I have bought another bike after four months without riding. It is a 1987 Honda CBR750 Hurricane and like its name, it is a Hurricane and man it goes!!! Sure she is nearly 25 years old but what a bike. Happily, I will be heading off on a grand tour of NZ on Monday the 21st and plan to get all the way down to Bluff (the most southen point of NZ). It is going to be one amazing trip and I cant wait to relish the experiance of riding through the mountains and the open country side. Too all my fellow Wiltshire bikers, hope all is well back in the home county and I shall try update my trip as I go. Cheers for any replies and take care out there :-)!!!!! Tom

Nelly
18-03-11, 07:01 AM
HAve a good time fella 8-)

Gixxer_Tom
18-03-11, 07:02 AM
Smooth, Sounds like a ride and a half!! :)

Im sure that'll be a true riding experience, hope you enjoy it mate.

Hopefully you don't mean the 'New Zealand' that is situated just between Lyneham and Calne in wiltshire! As that would be a very short lived ride! lol.

For those of you that havn't ever noticed the road sign.... its on your left just after you have passed the end of the RAF Lyneham compound.. on the 1st major left hander corner heading towards Calne...

The sign suddenly appears to say 'New Zealand' 3 miles (or something like that!) pointing to the right mid corner.... its a proper road sign too as you expect from the government! lol.

Possibly some portal to another country maybe!!
Can't say i've ever known anyone to go down there and ever come back! lol.....

creepy stuff :D

Squashed_Fly
18-03-11, 10:09 AM
That's a bit like the road sign on the cliff on the Isle Of Wight, that points out to sea and says France on it! :)

Tobias5571
18-03-11, 10:18 AM
i have scotland and irland just down the road from my house

R1chie
18-03-11, 10:25 AM
Good on you Tom.

Actions certainly speak louder than words.

Keep us updated on your trip. Not too much though...I don't want to be too jealous ;)

DaytonaDog
18-03-11, 10:50 AM
Have a fab trip. Very envious. I went to NZ in 2005. Amazing country, beautiful scenery and dime of the most friendliest and welcoming people you could wish to meet.

Scotty
18-03-11, 12:15 PM
Don't forget to ride The Gorge! 8-) 8-) 8-)

Si
18-03-11, 05:01 PM
Very Jealous! ;)

Roxy
18-03-11, 05:42 PM
Sounds fab, have a ball and enjoy mate. NZ is beautiful.

Roxy

BB
18-03-11, 06:41 PM
Magic stuff, wouldn't mind doing that myself. Have a great time! 8-)

BB

philcooper13
18-03-11, 07:57 PM
I am sooo jealous hope you have a great time.

Mark_Able
18-03-11, 08:17 PM
Hey Tom, I'm sooo jealous. Have a great time. Film it and stick on U-tube for us all to see... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

CharleyX
19-03-11, 05:24 PM
How fantastic Tom, have a great time :)

Toph
19-03-11, 07:10 PM
sounds like you're living the dream buddy!! :)
have a brilliant adventure, best of luck! :) 8-)