PDA

View Full Version : Near Miss Report

Moo
20-03-11, 05:19 PM
Firstly I need to make clear I was driving a car at the time of the incident.

This afternoon while going to see my mother I saw a bike in the rearview mirror, from his/her position and atitude I deduced that he/she was looking to overtake on a left hand bend at the bottom of the small hill in Luckington.

As I was going to be turning right on the apex of this bend I indicated early, broke early to try and give him/her as much notice as possible that I was going to be turning. This didn't work and I can safely say that if I hadn't taken preventative action i.e not turned, he/she would have colided with the right side of my car and ruined his/her day or life.

Just be careful out there folks it doesn't take much to ruin a lovely sunny days ride.

Nelly
20-03-11, 05:28 PM
Good job that you were aware of him. Unlike a lot of others on the road.
Red Porshe Targa near lacock this afternoon decided that he didnt want to be in the left lane (outside the garden centre), but wanted to be in mine at the last minute. Unfortunatly, i was nearly in his way but second guessed what he was about to do.
Tucked in behind him and blatted past at the next oppurtunity. ;)
Take care folks.

Sybil
21-03-11, 09:35 AM
Thought we saw you (2 up)! We were on our way back from dropping Harry back to Northampton home. Saw you on the A350 heading towards the 'Nam' about 4.30ish. Black leathers, shiny white bike, gorgeous day. Ace ;) ;)

Like-wise - I spend alot of time pre-empting what cars are going to do, it just becomes second nature and in a short space of time i've "recognised" myself out of several tricky situations. Awareness is the key and it's very easy to maintain it on a bike as you're totally absorbed in your surroundings. It's a wee bit different in a car as you have so many distractions - a comfy seat, blue tooth phone calls, sat nav, music and a passenger to talk to! With all that going on it's a bit more of a stuggle for drivers to "see" everything. It's not an excuse, it's just a fact. Cars don't try and knock us off, they just can't see us most of the time and i try to ride with that assumption. Certainly kept me safe so far ;)

Sybil
21-03-11, 09:36 AM
Blimmin eck!!

I've posted on T's again!.....She keeps hijacking the P.C.

Basil >:(

Ducatista
21-03-11, 10:18 AM
Well done moo for avoiding a serious accident.
T-bone is not good.