PDA

View Full Version : Royal Enfield - Bullet Electra

ChrisJo
21-03-11, 03:51 PM
Peeps, I have been wondering about getting one of these for slow plodding, the 500cc Bullet Electra in particular.

Anyone got any useful info?

ATB Chris

bubblylittleme
21-03-11, 07:31 PM
[quote author=ChrisJo link=1300722671/0#0 date=1300722671]Peeps, I have been wondering about getting one of these for slow plodding, the 500cc Bullet Electra in particular.

Anyone got any useful info?

Contact Swindons royal enfield group ...they are a great group..been out with them few times

http://www.reocwiltshire.co.uk/

Jon_W
22-03-11, 11:28 AM
Indian Built, use old Suzuki electrics. Based on a 60's English design. Built quality can best be described as variable. Now has auto boot and left foot change.

If it was my money, I'd buy an original and save the road tax!!!

Kevinb
22-03-11, 01:21 PM
Horrible things. I tried one before I bought my Bonnie. If you do buy one join the RAC and get some decent dental care because even the newer 'smooth' Bullet's vibrate badly.
Buy a Bonnie and enjoy riding.

ChrisJo
22-03-11, 02:58 PM
Indian Built, use old Suzuki electrics. Based on a 60's English design. Built quality can best be described as variable. Now has auto boot and left foot change.

If it was my money, I'd buy an original and save the road tax!!!

Good point... :)

ChrisJo
22-03-11, 02:59 PM
Horrible things. I tried one before I bought my Bonnie. If you do buy one join the RAC and get some decent dental care because even the newer 'smooth' Bullet's vibrate badly.
Buy a Bonnie and enjoy riding.

Looking at one this weekend ;)

Jon_W
22-03-11, 03:03 PM
They do rattle... But no more than any other 60's brit single. These are not modern machines by any means.

StreetHippo
22-03-11, 03:14 PM
Get the diesel one and never buy fuel again!!!! ;D ;D ;)

Stu

See here: http://www.realclassic.co.uk/diesel05112800.html

squirrel_hunter
22-03-11, 07:17 PM
I've ridden a couple of these. Not good.

Build quality is iffy, they can barely do the national limit, handling is interesting or unpredictable if you start playing around, and they have better vibration than a Rampant Rabbit.

I'd say get an original. I want an original one, not one of the modern ones, they have no life to them.

But if you're in the market for a Bullet, try a Triumph Scrambler much more fun...

Nooj
22-03-11, 11:11 PM
As an alternative, how about a W650? Looks more like the old Bonnie than the new Bonnie does, electrically reliable, yet still rusts like a 'classic'.

Jon_W
23-03-11, 08:02 AM
As an alternative, how about a W650? Looks more like the old Bonnie than the new Bonnie does, electrically reliable, yet still rusts like a 'classic'.

Agreed. The best of the retro look bikes.