PDA

View Full Version : Swindon riders

tommyjgraham
08-03-11, 10:43 PM
Any riders from Swindon go out for rides much? Dont many people riding from Swindon it seems everyone i know lives in other parts of wiltshire. So always setting off on my own

Honda_Star
08-03-11, 11:40 PM
Hi Tom

Yes there are plenty of us in Swindon - keep an eye on the ride outs as there is normally a meet point in Swindon/Chiseldon. I will be out and about a lot more once it warms up a bit :) :)

ro
09-03-11, 06:14 AM
Yes, there's usually a group from Swindon joining the WB monthly ride. Where are you? I'm in Liden and always happy to meet up for a ride, any time of year :P
A couple of times last summer we had a group going over to the H&C on Wednesday evenings—I expect that'll start up again soon too.

JAYJAY
09-03-11, 06:21 AM
Hi - yes there are a growing number!!

Newnut and I are in Sparcells and join rideouts - will be goin to more evening meets in the week once the clocks change later this month [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Nice can by the way.

ANTI_HERO_HULL
09-03-11, 06:44 AM
hi i am in Lyneham not too far away.

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 07:09 AM
I'm in Abbey Meads, Jacde is in Redhouse, Hunar is in Oakhurst, Morticia is here somewhere too. There are quite a few of us :)

I'm out and about a fair bit Tom, I'll PM you my number in case you fancy going out for a bit here and there. I quite often go out for an hour at lunchtime if the weathers good, as I work from home.

If you want to to come on the rideout on Sat, a few of us are leaving from my house at 8:00, and I normally do a pick up at the dog track as well, to ride down to Marlborough and meet CharleyX to ride accross to H&C from there?

ro
09-03-11, 09:01 AM
...If you want to to come on the rideout on Sat, a few of us are leaving from my house at 8:00...Do you mean the monthly rideout on Sunday 13th (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1299113333)?

mcicy
09-03-11, 09:07 AM
Swindon here and usually try to get out for a ride, but bike is in bits at the moment... so having to stay home and work on it

Jan
09-03-11, 09:45 AM
Hi I'm in Swindon, Grange Park, often go out riding on my own mostly at the weekend at the moment but when the evenings get lighter will be out more in the week. would be good to know of more Swindon people to ride with.

tommyjgraham
09-03-11, 10:09 AM
Thanks everyone. Its good as I live in west swindon myself so lots of people close. Hoping to be on the rideout sunday so possibly meet you all.

ChrisJo
09-03-11, 12:21 PM
I'm in Wroughton, I have a nice little ride I (and the missus) do on sunday's.

Wroughton - Devizes - Melksham (Coffee in leaks) - up to M4 then to Wotton by way of Sutton Benger etc. About 50 miles.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Hay+Ln&daddr=Unknown+roa d+to:Northgate+St/A342+to:A350+to:B4122+to:B4069+to:High+St/A3102+to:51.524592,-1.836798&geocode=FVQyEgMd-vnj_w%3BFS3qEQMdbjHk_w%3BFeqYDwMd8H_h_w%3BFSj3DwMd 2Ejf_w%3BFbkGEgMdEq7f_w%3BFVDwEQMdNFjg_w%3BFTCcEgM dohvj_w%3B&abauth=10dac1da:Dgj0LG0tBiGdAyabCVryZsM aaV4&hl=en&mra=mi&mrsp=7&sz=16&vps=8&jsv=320b&sll= 51.523538,-1.837485&sspn=0.008037,0.022638&num=10

Chris

tommyjgraham
09-03-11, 12:32 PM
Just waiting for the phonecall now to go pick the bike up from steve lynhams :)
good news but the £220 it gunna cost me isnt so much :(

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 01:03 PM
...If you want to to come on the rideout on Sat, a few of us are leaving from my house at 8:00...Do you mean the monthly rideout on Sunday 13th (http://www.wiltshirebikers.co.uk/cgi-bin/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1299113333)?

Yes! Sunday, not sat! lol

mcicy
09-03-11, 06:19 PM
Hi I'm in Swindon, Grange Park, often go out riding on my own mostly at the weekend at the moment but when the evenings get lighter will be out more in the week. would be good to know of more Swindon people to ride with.

Snap grange park too, I highly recommend joining the wednesday night ride out to Gastard when the weathers better

Squashed_Fly
09-03-11, 06:20 PM
Or coming in the car with me tonight!

TT_Crazy
09-03-11, 07:03 PM
Try wednesday night rideouts to Avebury once the evenings get brighter .Getting more popular again now,even though the cops did try to ruin it.

R1chie
09-03-11, 10:24 PM
Wednesday nights is the Harp and Crown gig TT.

Priory Vale massive here. I'll be about until May time for blasts out, and then resuming normal R1 practice in August.

SHREKUSVFR
10-03-11, 10:52 PM
im in old town wher the hospital used to be

squirrel_hunter
10-03-11, 11:48 PM
I'm temporarily not in Swindon but shall return so count me in as well.

Richzx10r
11-03-11, 11:06 AM
Swindon here also(Stratton)

Squashed_Fly
11-03-11, 11:26 AM
See thread in the meets section for meeting up on Sunday in Swindon to ride over to the meeting point for the ride out, for anyone who is planning on coming :)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 09:43 PM
Hey,

Know its a oldish thread/topic already..

But im also from Swindon, my parents live in Grange Park, so im over there a fair bit and i now live out Marlborough area.

I ride all year round...regardless of conditions.
Including commuting to and from work, in full race leathers!
Though i only go out for 'play time' when its dry-ish..

Though even in the damp i have been known to go around the roundabout by Greendown school with the bike banked right over and my knee fairly close to the floor..

maybe when the warmer weather comes i'll nail it....
trouble is its hard to do it slow..and that roundabout isn't very big! lol

:)

Squashed_Fly
12-03-11, 09:52 PM
Did you really just openly say, on a public forum, that you have got your knee almost down in the wet, on a roundabout near a school???

Try and be a bit sensible about what you post. This isn't a bragging area, this is a forum for people who like to ride.

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 10:08 PM
Hey,

I did just say that if you take the comment out of context bud! ;)

If you know the area like those that live in grange park do mate, you'll know that due to shape/size of roundabout of the roundabout you need to turn the bike quite tightly to go right around it...

plus is easier to lean the bike then to turn so sharply....

plus i dont do it in the day when the schools open and kids about mate... just at night when the school gates are heavily locked...and its when most humans have gone to bed! lol..

and whether i can get my knee 'FAIRLY' close to the floor in the wet is down to my riding ability not 'braggin rights'

Im 6 foot with fairly long legs...it dosn't take much dude! ;)

Sorry if i offended you mate, but i don't think you should jump in to quickly unless you know the full circumstances either fella.

cheers,
Tom :)

Green Man
12-03-11, 10:23 PM
Hey,

I did just say that if you take the comment out of context bud! ;)

If you know the area like those that live in grange park do mate, you'll know that due to shape/size of roundabout of the roundabout you need to turn the bike quite tightly to go right around it...

plus is easier to lean the bike then to turn so sharply....

plus i dont do it in the day when the schools open and kids about mate... just at night when the school gates are heavily locked...and its when most humans have gone to bed! lol..

and whether i can get my knee 'FAIRLY' close to the floor in the wet is down to my riding ability not 'braggin rights'

Sorry if i offended you mate, but i don't think you should jump in to quickly unless you know the full circumstances either fella.

cheers,
Tom :)

with you on that [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

R1chie
12-03-11, 10:30 PM
FFS.....Why is everyone being so self righteous this week?

Is this the National Whiter than White week or something? If it is, it has no place on a biking forum that's for sure.

Clearly SF you think that getting your knee down equates to speeding. It is not.

Don't worry about it WK. I knew what you meant

Nelly
12-03-11, 10:33 PM
FFS.....Why is everyone being so self righteous this week?

Is this the National Whiter than White week or something? If it is, it has no place on a biking forum that's for sure.

Precisely. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 10:40 PM
Thanks R1chie,

Like i've said in an earlier thread, i know what im doing on a bike and i'm not irresponsible either.

I've been riding for years been on track even longer..

Many of time i've been 'spot checked' by police officers, who have said that they are amazed that i can lean the bike so far over at such low speeds....

But said my bike was legal, my riding was fine and i was free to go about my buisness etc...

Its not a criminal offence to lean a bike to corner, and there isn't a degree to how much lean is and isn't legal..

If you ride smartly, think for yourself and other road users also... you can be quick without being dangerous.

Theres a time and place for showboating, and i know when and where all to well.

Gracias,
Thomas :)

Squashed_Fly
12-03-11, 10:53 PM
It's not self righteous, I'm sure we all do it. It's about being sensible with what you post about in public.

The last thing we want, with the warmer weather approaching, is increased observance by plod around Swindon, because someone has posted about what they get up to online for everyone to see. Save it for the pub. That's all. ;)

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 11:08 PM
Ohwell.. its been said now! :)

Lets not dwell on it any longer shall we?? ;)

Police know me quite well around swindon if im honest, most of the time they just wish to have a look at the bike..

When they find that the rider is polite, considerate and cooperative,they tend not to give me any grief....

Its not 'Pub talk'... that involves my Gsx-R setting 1 minute lap times around 'The ring'.....

Doing triple backflips and taking the crown away from Travis Pastrana...

And Valentino Rossi coming to me weekly for riding advice!

Also i have the 1st 265mph Gsx-R sportsbike don't ya know! ;)

Lol....

Who's round is it?? :)

Beamer
12-03-11, 11:09 PM
Ohwell.. its been said now! :)

Lets not dwell on it any longer shall we?? ;)

Police know me quite well around swindon if im honest, most of the time they just wish to have a look at the bike..

When they find that the rider is polite, considerate and cooperative,they tend not to give me any grief....

Its not 'Pub talk'... that involves my Gsx-R setting 1 minute lap times around 'The ring'.....

Doing triple backflips and taking the crown away from Travis Pastrana...

And Valentino Rossi coming to me weekly for riding advice!

Also i have the 1st 265mph Gsx-R sportsbike don't ya know! ;)

Lol....

Who's round is it?? :)

Yours....and mines a diet coke hehe.... or a cuppa tea if its cold lmao ;D ;D ;D

Gixxer_Tom
12-03-11, 11:19 PM
I shall endevour to remember that? ;)

BB
13-03-11, 06:26 PM
Cold tea Beamer? :-?

BB

Roxy
13-03-11, 06:34 PM
Tea...ahhhh tea!!

Hot decaf PG tips, with skimmed milk and 1 sugar...perfect!

Roxy
The teapot of WB! ;)

Roxy
13-03-11, 06:53 PM

Another giraffe! ;) knee down seems so much easier for you tall guys!

Roxy :)

Beamer
13-03-11, 07:39 PM
Cold tea Beamer? :-?

BB

hehehe BB you're one wicked lady.... I meant if it's cold outside hehe lol xx ;D ;D ;D

Nico_babe
13-03-11, 07:59 PM
Yawn............ and we thought woman were bad at bickering................... ;)

Gixxer_Tom
14-03-11, 09:12 AM
But we stopped before the claws and hair pulling came out!! ;)

Ps - Lovely bike Nico_Babe... was gorgeous to see in marlborough yesterday. :)

garvey2003
14-03-11, 09:57 AM
Im in Upper Stratton. Haven't ridden the bike in fun for awhile. Using the poor beast for work which is killing the poor girl :(

Nice to see the sun :)

Dex
14-03-11, 11:21 PM
Another in Priory Vale here (right at the top in Dovedale)

No longer on a blue Speed Triple though, now on a White Tiger

Roxy
14-03-11, 11:59 PM
But we stopped before the claws and hair pulling came out!! ;)

I'm sure it's coming......;D ;D ;D

Roxy

Uber Dave
15-03-11, 08:07 AM

Its the way ahead, means we can look so amazingly cool and awesome without having to try!

Roxy
15-03-11, 08:17 AM

Its the way ahead, means we can look so amazingly cool and awesome without having to try!

You gotta love a geek...I mean giraffe!! ;)

Roxy x

Morticia
15-03-11, 07:43 PM

Snap grange park too, I highly recommend joining the wednesday night ride out to Gastard when the weathers better

Especially if Ro's leading and takes you off roading at the same time ;D

Gixxer_Tom
17-03-11, 11:40 PM
Am currently fighting the urge to say something witty about your "loving" roxy!! :P lol

Just teasing ya mate ;)

Thomas 8-)

Flying Half-Dutchman
20-03-11, 07:55 AM
Another one from Swindon, I live in stratton.

mcicy
23-03-11, 11:47 AM

Especially if Ro's leading and takes you off roading at the same time ;D

Yes that was an interesting route ;D Always wondered how a 900cc bike would handle downhill on gravel and now I know

Finally have my bike back on the road so hoping to see some more rideouts during the coming months