PDA

View Full Version : More heated kit

Nooj
24-03-11, 07:14 PM
My faith has been restored!

Christmas before last I got Debz a Biketek heated jacket. The jacket has been great, but the controllers have been ****, she's now on her fourth one! Bizzarely the controllers don't seem to be able to cope with cold weather.

So Christmas just gone I picked out a Klan heated jacket for myself. Horrible! it felt like it had mains cable running round inside it, in such a tangled way that I couldn't fully extend my right arm with the jacket on! I tried it on with my leather and one of the wires in it broke, coming out of the sleeve completely.

So I'd given up hope of finding heated kit that actually worked. Until yesterday, when my latest e-bay acquisition arrived. Back to Biketek again, used this time though, so I know the contorllers work! Heated jacket and trousers for the same price as just a new jacket, used twice, owner's bike now sold.

I went out with just the jacket last night, t-shirt under it, perforated summer leathers over it. On setting 1 (of 3) I was cooking around town, comfortably warm at 50, and just starting to feel a little chilled at 85. Not bad for an 80 mile jaunt at night in the middle of March!

Heated kit kicks ass! :)