silly_simon
24-03-11, 09:22 PM
Just had both my car and bike come through the post :o

Car £325 ish :( LV
Bike £262 ish :( Bennets

Yeah right I have now sorted them both
Car now £252 ish Still LV [smiley=thumbsup.gif]
Bike now £91.67 after a £30 cash back Swinton bike [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Bit tired now so off to bed :D OooooHhhh My head hurt's :) :) I hate renewal time every year :'(

Chappers
25-03-11, 08:51 AM
Nice you get it done in one go though Si - you can forget it for another year now. I seem to have ended up with various tax and insurance staggered throughout the year so there's a constant funds outflow and nights comparing renewal prices! >:(

Si
25-03-11, 08:58 AM
I renewed with Bennetts this time but Swinton were very very close. May look into them next time!

jpssantos
25-03-11, 09:13 PM
I've been with motorcycle direct for years!

only this year they, and all other ones, were beaten by Carole Nash.....

I found that most insurance companies give you a really low price, but when you start asking questions there's nothing included.. even breakdown recovery is just a guy turning up to try and fix it, if they cant, you are stuck or have to pay a small fortune to be recovered home

alanTDM
25-03-11, 09:21 PM
Had my renewal yesterday £101 fully comp which includes legal assistance and vat or something

mcicy
26-03-11, 07:21 AM
Dude I had that offer from Swinton, double check the paperwork they send you, I didn't get the cash back as they said there was no notes with my file, had to make a complaint so that a manager would check the call.

Also check they haven't added you to the personal accident cover if you didn't ask for it as it had been mysteriously added to my policy without me asking for it

470four
26-03-11, 07:37 AM
Got my car AND the two bikes on Carole Nash's Six Wheel policy - same policy, same number, saves faff etc... ;)

Toph
26-03-11, 07:55 AM
I got my CBR600 insurance for £91 fully comp, bit of a result I thought! :)
(considering i've only just passed my test!)

Bornagain
26-03-11, 08:46 AM

Something to do with being on 2 wheels for the 68 years per chance ;D

silly_simon
26-03-11, 08:58 AM

Something to do with being on 2 wheels for the 68 years per chance ;D

I'm glad you said it and not me ;D ;D