PDA

View Full Version : Swindon MOT gigs

R1chie
22-03-11, 11:07 PM
Just noticed the ole arrrrr juan will need a new MOT in a couple of days time, and because I've usually got this done Hayballs having worked in the Salisbury area for the past few years I'm wondering the where the decent MOT centres are in Swindonia.

Any opinions on Biketreads, GW's, Steve Lynham or any others most welcome...especially those who aren't noise nazi's.

Cheers

squirrel_hunter
22-03-11, 11:30 PM
I use BikeTreads for mine.

As for noise, I took my SV up there a couple of days before to see if it would go through. I was politely laughed at and understandably so. Its testers discretion so turn up before and ask to save disappointment.

Can't comment on the others as I've never used them.

mcicy
23-03-11, 11:45 AM
I always go see Gary at Lower Stratton Service Station, he's an old biker and honest with you never failed me or my bikes

Snowy
23-03-11, 01:39 PM
I have used Bike Treads before now - no complaints. I just had the GS done at Hopton MOT's in Devizes, again no complaints and I got a discount to for helping out on the brake tests. No one there could get on the bike and put both feet down ;D ;D ;D

tommyjgraham
23-03-11, 02:12 PM
had mine done yesterday at bike treads. passed first time:) if that can i no urs should ;Dbut if the can is loud like mine u will have to have baffles inserted but u can take them straight out

Chappers
23-03-11, 02:23 PM
A bit further over, but I got mine done a few weeks ago at Unity Road Motorcycles in Keynsham. They do the MOTs for JHS. I assume that if JHS use them they can't be stupid on noise etc. The blade just needed one of those uber-sexy red reflector thingys. Can't have had much glue on it though as it appears to have fallen off since ::)

Si
23-03-11, 02:36 PM
A bit further over, but I got mine done a few weeks ago at Unity Road Motorcycles in Keynsham. They do the MOTs for JHS. I assume that if JHS use them they can't be stupid on noise etc. The blade just needed one of those uber-sexy red reflector thingys. Can't have had much glue on it though as it appears to have fallen off since ::)

Must be the glue they use Chappers! Mine did exactly the same the other day!!

I use Bike Treads and again no complaints! :)

bobf279
23-03-11, 07:57 PM
had both my bikes done recently at Phil Stokes, (Westbury Field Sports)

R1chie
23-03-11, 08:15 PM
Well I'm booked in at Biketreads..I'll see how that goes ;D

Morticia
23-03-11, 11:28 PM
Well I'm booked in at Biketreads..I'll see how that goes ;D

My sv passed last week with the devil can and rather square looking, not much thread left tyres...According to him, I have 250 miles left still. Bless him!

R1chie
25-03-11, 03:26 PM
Biketreads FTW!!

In and out, together with MOT pass in about 20 minutes.

Bring on the weekend! 8-) 8-)

Bornagain
25-03-11, 05:00 PM
I have used Bike Treads before now - no complaints. I just had the GS done at Hopton MOT's in Devizes, again no complaints and I got a discount to for helping out on the brake tests. No one there could get on the bike and put both feet down ;D ;D ;D

Sounds like a job for me ;)

Flying Half-Dutchman
27-03-11, 10:00 AM
I'm with Mr Icy on this. Go & see Keith & Gary at Lower Stratton Service Station (in Ermine Street). They are a decent couple of lads.