PDA

View Full Version : Bike change....

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 09:10 AM
Went out for a ride last night on my uncles Z750 while he rode my bike.

I have to say, I absolutely loved it! Ok, so no wind resistance past 90, but I don't ride that fast very often anyway. But you can really throw it into bends, hang off much easier and lean it right over easier than mine. I nearly got my knee down last night without even trying. I want to have another go on a warm day, rather than in the cold at 9pm. It really filled me with loads of confidence.

I am hoping mine will get a bit more like that when I fit the new tyres. Some stickier, and round rubber might make it come to life a little more than the squared off touring tyres that are currently on it...

Dabz
28-03-11, 09:35 AM
the different riding position will have made a lot of that difference - slightly wider bars etc. Same with me riding the street triple compared to mine - the ST I can throw into bends much easier and with more confidence. Wide high bars rock :)

Nelly
28-03-11, 10:14 AM
Z is def the way forward 8-)

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 10:47 AM
Is yours a 750 or a thou Nelly?

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 10:48 AM
Just answered my own question from your signature!

470four
28-03-11, 11:01 AM
Theres a lot to be said for a sit-up-and-beg riding position... 90% of the time you are pootling in town, traffic, stuck behind a car, sliding around in rain, rides-out, ice etc... in these conditions a racing crouch is Not Ideal! Wider bars & lower footrests will not only be more controllable in a real-world situation but will also be much more comfortable on a long ride, with no aching legs, wrists, numb fingers etc... ;)

Blown around over 90?? Noooooooooooooot really supposed to be going that fast anyway - hey, we've all been there, dont get me wrong - riding a fast bike is the nearest we will ever get to flying, being at the controls of a jet fighter plane - but the overall speed limit is 60/70mph (this is NOT a minimum speed limit! :D) with an AUTOMATIC BAN if you are caught over 100mph. :'(

I love going Bok on my bike with the rest of you, but at the minute am looking at getting a naked bike just to rein me in a bit, am quite happy having a clean licence... ;)

Snowy
28-03-11, 11:35 AM
Very wide, very high bars = fun, fun, fun ;D

Nico_babe
28-03-11, 11:38 AM
Theres a lot to be said for a sit-up-and-beg riding position... 90% of the time you are pootling in town, traffic, stuck behind a car, sliding around in rain, rides-out, ice etc... in these conditions a racing crouch is Not Ideal! Wider bars & lower footrests will not only be more controllable in a real-world situation but will also be much more comfortable on a long ride, with no aching legs, wrists, numb fingers etc... ;)

Blown around over 90?? Noooooooooooooot really supposed to be going that fast anyway - hey, we've all been there, dont get me wrong - riding a fast bike is the nearest we will ever get to flying, being at the controls of a jet fighter plane - but the overall speed limit is 60/70mph (this is NOT a minimum speed limit! :D) with an AUTOMATIC BAN if you are caught over 100mph. :'(
I love going Bok on my bike with the rest of you, but at the minute am looking at getting a naked bike just to rein me in a bit, am quite happy having a clean licence... ;)

Seriously dude, everyone gives it a bit of stick once and a while.......... even the ladies

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 12:08 PM
Obviously I didn't mean on the road officer -why that kind of hooliganistic behaviour is strictly limited to race tracks and my imagination! ;)

Uber Dave
28-03-11, 12:13 PM
Obviously I didn't mean on the road officer -why that kind of hooliganistic behaviour is strictly limited to race tracks and my imagination! ;)

Dont come out with me then!

Squashed_Fly
28-03-11, 12:52 PM

;D ;D ;D

In fairness, I think I have a healthy respect for the fact my bike is a sports bike. If I got a naked, I'd want to play everywhere, and I'd probably end up more of a hooligan!

Uber Dave
28-03-11, 12:58 PM

;D ;D ;D

In fairness, I think I have a healthy respect for the fact my bike is a sports bike. If I got a naked, I'd want to play everywhere, and I'd probably end up more of a hooligan!

Without a doubt, go for a speed triple and its almost certain that you will transform into a hooligan!

470four
28-03-11, 01:22 PM

Seriously dude, everyone gives it a bit of stick once and a while.......... even the ladies

Believe me I have done and regularly still do so! ;)

I was just pointing out that Mr.Plod will have a chronic sense-of-humour failure if he catches you doing so - & NOBODY wants that... Damage limitation, I say...

Nooj
28-03-11, 01:26 PM
Naked? Hooligan? One word: Tuono.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odukJ9sC_Lg

Scotty
28-03-11, 05:55 PM
I nearly got my knee down last night without even trying...
Really? :-? No kidding? :-?

;) ;D ;D ;D

jpssantos
28-03-11, 08:18 PM
470four... that one about getting a naked to calm down is a myth...

Almost everyone that I know who made that choice told me if anything it made them go faster for the thrill around the bends as they are easier to flick around

Dex
28-03-11, 10:28 PM
I got a naked bike to calm down.

It worked for me - after getting the Speed Triple I stopped cruising at 130 on the dual carriageways and motorway.

R6_Don
28-03-11, 10:37 PM
Naked? Hooligan? One word: Tuono.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odukJ9sC_Lg

I would have to agrre with this comment. I love my bike and enjoy riding it alot more than the 2009 R6 i had. Complete different bikes but i find the tuono to have alot more of a natural riding position and i feel more in control.

Nooj
28-03-11, 11:16 PM
Having just taken the original clip-ons off the Falco and put handle bars on instead, I still try and ride the twisty bits as fast as the road will allow, but I now cruise on straights and duel cabbageways at a slower speed due to increased wind blast. And pootling along in traffic is MUCH easier now! So it hasn't made me slower as such, but it's made going slowly easier.

Nelly
29-03-11, 10:52 AM
I still try and ride the twisty bits as fast as the road will allow, but I now cruise on straights and duel cabbageways at a slower speed due to increased wind blast. And pootling along in traffic is MUCH easier now! So it hasn't made me slower as such, but it's made going slowly easier.

Pretty much how things have been since i put the ninja in for the Z :)

Sean.C
29-03-11, 05:28 PM
470four... that one about getting a naked to calm down is a myth...

Almost everyone that I know who made that choice told me if anything it made them go faster for the thrill around the bends as they are easier to flick around

Agreed . Naked sports bikes can and will make you ride like a hooligan [smiley=thumbsup.gif]