PDA

View Full Version : Best ever weight saving mod

spudgun
31-03-11, 07:57 AM
I'm glad to say that since New Year i have shed 4 & half stone from my (not so now) portly frame!! :D

Going to look at a new bike this weekend to celebrate :)

Jon_W
31-03-11, 08:00 AM
Good man!!

That's a hell of a loss..... new leathers this year then??

Kevinb
31-03-11, 09:00 AM
Very well done. It's not easy loosing weight. Hope you manage to keep it off.

Kev

Nelly
31-03-11, 11:44 AM
Bloody hell. Good going fella

Squashed_Fly
31-03-11, 12:01 PM
That's almost 5lbs a week! Blimey fella, well done but just go careful! A healthy and sustainable weight loss is normally around 2lbs a week with exercise & healthy eating. Depending on what you have to lose, it can be more initially but too much without exercise, and your body is simply cannibalising it's own muscle and not burning the fat. Not that you'd think to look at me now, but I did do a course on food nutrition for weight loss & muscle gain.

If you're exercising regularly and want to tone up while burning the fat, I have some stuff I can send you that might help accelerate results. I've lost about a stone and a half since xmas and am just about to join the gym at the link centre to try and start toning up for summer.

The reason for 2lbs a week, is that if you're training as well, you will be increasing your muscle mass as you burn the fat and as muscle weighs more, the actual weight lost is less. The best guide for weight loss is usually your mirror, or your old clothes. Not the scales!

But any way you look at it, over 4 stone in 3 months is hard work so well done.

wiltshire builders
31-03-11, 12:17 PM
Wow you certainly got your moneys worth out of the Blunsdon gym. Good going! [smiley=thumbup.gif]

Nico_babe
31-03-11, 12:41 PM
Tell us your secret! PLEASEEEE

HensonA
31-03-11, 12:41 PM
Well done ... Very impressive ....lots of determination to keep the exercising going. [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

bobf279
31-03-11, 02:43 PM
I've been exercising regular since I stopped smoking a year ago but in all that time I've only lost a stone :(

so well done you :)

Chappers
31-03-11, 04:11 PM
I've been exercising regular since I stopped smoking a year ago but in all that time I've only lost a stone :(

so well done you :)

Most ex-smokers put on weight in the year after quitting so losing a stone with increased exercise is very good going because you've probably replaced a lot of fat with muscle. That's my excuse anyway! ;D ;D

SG 4.5 stones in 3 months is astonishing! Happy bike hunting [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Snowy
31-03-11, 04:31 PM
Luckily, I don't have to pay....... ;D

Have a proper induction and take advice from the PT's. Don't use your weight as an indication as to how you're doing - go on your clothes and how they fit. If you're like me you will put weight on when you start training - don't worry, that's muscle which weighs twice the amount as fat.

You just have to keep at it and if you don't sweat - try harder ;D

Right, off to the gym......

BladeTriple
02-04-11, 12:28 AM
Luckily, I don't have to pay....... ;D

Have a proper induction and take advice from the PT's. Don't use your weight as an indication as to how you're doing - go on your clothes and how they fit. If you're like me you will put weight on when you start training - don't worry, that's muscle which weighs twice the amount as fat.

You just have to keep at it and if you don't sweat - try harder ;D

Right, off to the gym......

I'm sure its more muscle weighs slightly more than fat but is denser in fibre than fat which is largely made up of water and fatty tissue so takes up more space .

I'm 5ft11 and still pushing the best part of 13 stone but I'm very lean . My quads are solid as are my calves I just want a nice girly 6 pack which is hard to achieve when all I seem to do is run run and run some more

Ducatista
02-04-11, 08:40 AM
Wow ama\ing acheivement.

Bob - a stone is a great acheivement, don't put yourself down. Most people put on weight after they stop smoking.

I'm trying but I really do like food.
Next to get on my bicycle and ride to Bath again.

Col
02-04-11, 11:44 AM
Been trying to lose 13stone.......she still here :D

RedSoul
03-04-11, 09:26 AM
I'm glad to say that since New Year i have shed 4 & half stone from my (not so now) portly frame!! :D

Going to look at a new bike this weekend to celebrate :)

Thats dedication to lose that amount of weight.I stopped smoking beginning of last year,started eating better and now been going to the gym for the past six months but only lost a stone and a half so well done to you.

Gixxer_Tom
03-04-11, 02:08 PM
Congratulations dude!!! :)

I use to be a fitness trainer and worked for 'fitness 1st gyms' for a period of time...

As an Ex personal trainer i can honestly say that i don't believe all this 'BS' about what is supposedly a safe amount of weight to lose over a given period of time!

Aslong as you eat healthily to support your body's organs and keep hydarted the amount you loose is purely down to your own determination and natual ability to train and push your stamina to get the best result from your body!

That is a genuinely impressive result mate, you deserve all the credit too mate! :)

Man, you've insipred me.... im off to train now! lol

Thomas ;)